JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found out I'm getting dragged to a gun show in Vancouver WA tomorrow.
Haven't been to a show in forever.

Is it safe to assume shows these days aren't CC friendly?

Found their website and thought for sure they'd address it on their FAQ page but I saw no mention of it at all.
Hoping someone knows since I like to know what's going on before I show up.

If it was me? I would not go by what it said on the web. I would go by when you get there do they have a screening station set up to get in. Do you know who is holding the show? May help as not all of them may work the same way.

Depends on if they have metal detectors or are patting people down…..

I was told Clark County Fairgrounds and found this page for the event.
It linked here for what I assume is the company running the show.

I can check once there and secure in vehicle if necessary but figured if someone had been recently or otherwise knew it wasn't going to be allowed I'd save myself the second walk.
If it was me? I would not go by what it said on the web. I would go by when you get there do they have a screening station set up to get in. Do you know who is holding the show? May help as not all of them may work the same way.

The real question to ask is if its legal. The difference is private venues can make their own rules but its the law that matters.

I mean, that is what I really want to know.
In my experience in Oregon all the guns shows have prohibited loaded guns inside but Ive never seen any use metal detectors. There are sometimes police or security at the door with a gun zip tie station but Ive never been asked directly.

I was told Clark County Fairgrounds and found this page for the event.
It linked here for what I assume is the company running the show.

I can check once there and secure in vehicle if necessary but figured if someone had been recently or otherwise knew it wasn't going to be allowed I'd save myself the second walk.
Hopefully someone who may have recently been may be able to shed some light then. If you do not hear I would do exactly the same. Head for the door and if they are screening head back to the car. Sadly this is the world we live in now. :(

All that out of the way, unless your bored or looking for something hard to find your not gonna get a deal on anything at a gunshow.

The real question to ask is if its legal. The difference is private venues can make their own rules but its the law that matters.

In my experience in Oregon all the guns shows have prohibited loaded guns inside but Ive never seen any use metal detectors. There are sometimes police or security at the door with a gun zip tie station but Ive never been asked directly.
Agreed.

Granted it was a different state and years ago so it doesn't matter here, but at the last show I went to they had nothing posted, door staff said no no to every 5-10 people they let in, didn't check anyone, and it was legal.

All that out of the way, unless your bored or looking for something hard to find your not gonna get a deal on anything at a gunshow.
I only agreed to go to see someone. I'd rather not go and I almost declined but should see them.
I ain't excited to pay to park and get in. Then once it I hear these days it's a poor selection, overpriced everything, and I don't really want to get anything right now anyway. I mean, my pocketbook doesn't want me to.

Agreed.

Granted it was a different state and years ago so it doesn't matter here, but at the last show I went to they had nothing posted, door staff said no no to every 5-10 people they let in, didn't check anyone, and it was legal.
If I recall, Wa is the same as Or in that "no guns" signs do not carry the law in private places.

I only agreed to go to see someone. I'd rather not go and I almost declined but should see them.
I ain't excited to pay to park and get in. Then once it I hear these days it's a poor selection, overpriced everything, and I don't really want to get anything right now anyway. I mean, my pocketbook doesn't want me to.
Id go to give a friend support.
It used to be a fun event before background check laws killed resale you could find private sales for really good deals. I haven't been in years, so last spring or so there was one near me and a friend and I were really bored (rare...) so we went just to look and it was sad to see a poor selection and overpriced no name tacticool optics and gear.

One thing is at the gun shows I've been to the want all firearms marked with color coded zip ties. They say this is to prevent thefts and that is an issue for sure. So if somehow your firearm is seen without a zip tie you might got some 'splaining to do.

You will need a WA state concealed carry permit to carry in most instances. Here is the Washington state reciprocity list.

Washington state is super easy to get a permit if you don't have one.

Vancouver PD does them. Quick turn around and way more efficient than Oregon.

One thing is at the gun shows I've been to the want all firearms marked with color coded zip ties. They say this is to prevent thefts and that is an issue for sure. So if somehow your firearm is seen without a zip tie you might got some 'splaining to do.
Again this comes down to "people are you capable of carrying a gun and not dropping it on the floor?" If not? Best to not carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top