JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't find any indoor ranges that carry the guns I wanna test fire. So I ask here I'm looking to get and EDC/home defense pistol i was thinking 50bmg 🤣 kidding seriously I was going 9mm and so far I've narrowed it down to the sig 365xmacro, Canik mete Sf/SFT, or the Springfield Echelon. I've look at the place to shoot, clackamas public safety training center, and threat dynamics and none of those places have the guns I would like to test fire. Technically Clackamas PSTC has a sig 365 but I believe it's the base model. If anyone has any good ideas or insight it would be much appreciated. I'm a bigger sized dude at 5'9" 317lbs and been looking at holster set ups and training once I can make a decisive decision and pull the trigger (pun intended) thanks again in advance and happy thanksgiving and happy holidays

I've not shot any of those guns so can't offer an opinion there. I do like Sigs in general and have a couple, never had a Canik but have had a couple made in Turkey guns that worked just fine. Of the 3 I like the Springfield the best it is the most customizable and I like to set up my guns for me. If you can't find a place to shoot them back at least you can got to Calbela or Sportsmans warehouse and fondle them side by side. One thing to note is there is a stay on measure 114 that in part will require state mandated training and also restricts magazine capacity to 10 rounds. So my thought is to buy the one that feels best sooner rather than later and once you have it in your hot little hands start getting good with it.

I can't find any indoor ranges that carry the guns I wanna test fire. So I ask here I'm looking to get and EDC/home defense pistol i was thinking 50bmg 🤣 kidding seriously I was going 9mm and so far I've narrowed it down to the sig 365xmacro, Canik mete Sf/SFT, or the Springfield Echelon. I've look at the place to shoot, clackamas public safety training center, and threat dynamics and none of those places have the guns I would like to test fire. Technically Clackamas PSTC has a sig 365 but I believe it's the base model. If anyone has any good ideas or insight it would be much appreciated. I'm a bigger sized dude at 5'9" 317lbs and been looking at holster set ups and training once I can make a decisive decision and pull the trigger (pun intended) thanks again in advance and happy thanksgiving and happy holidays
Sometimes you just have to extrapolate.
What gun do you have now and why wouldn't / doesn't it "do it all"?

I wouldn't choose any of those. So I'm going to be no assistance to you.

1911 in 45 acp
Fair the 1911 has downed a plane in its service and 45 anti cow projectile is a beast. Actually my old man took me out to shoot my very first time with one of those and he would be happy if I went that route.🤣 Now that I'm older and stronger and understand firearms better I can actually handle those than my limp wristed younger self 😭

Last Edited:
Being a bigger sized dude you would probably be able to conceal a full size gun like the Springfield or a full size 1911 fairly easy. But keeping comfort in mind would you carry it routinely?

I think any of the guns listed would be a solid choice. I have shot the Sig XMacro and found it a little snappy for my taste. It is a great pistol and has a good capacity but it wasn't for me.

Being a bigger sized dude you would probably be able to conceal a full size gun like the Springfield or a full size 1911 fairly easy. But keeping comfort in mind would you carry it routinely?

I think any of the guns listed would be a solid choice. I have shot the Sig XMacro and found it a little snappy for my taste. It is a great pistol and has a good capacity but it wasn't for me.
I'm a little fella, 5'-8", 160# and I carry either a 4" 1911 or Beretta 92G Compact OWB. Both are about the same length.

Between Jabba the gut appendix carry and 4 O'clock I can carry pretty much anything. Though I am out a lot either helping my wife or wrangling the kids so I would like it to be comfortable in case I need to chase down my kid but I guess that more of a holster thing than a gun size thing

I'm 5'8" and 165 pounds and carry a Glock 34 or Glock 17 with a comp (same length) with a Surefire X300.

It can be done.

If you can't find one to rent the next best thing is to handle the guns. Assuming you can find a shop that has them? Handle the pistols and see how they feel to you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top