JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you carry in your house of worship?

• Yes, as part of personal defense.

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Yes, as part of personal defense and as part of a security team.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Have in the past, not now.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • No, I don't carry in my house of worship

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No, I don't have a house of worship and/or carry license, so moot point.

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Halfway, anyway.

FWIW: I was born & raised Catholic - I'm much better now though.

I was also an alter boy in grade school. The old guy in the robe who yammered on constantly about god-knows-what wouldn't let me carry. Such a killjoy.
Yea, apparently had a senior moment and forgot how to count…. It's 20 posts to a page not 10…

:s0140:

So if I read this thread right most of us here dont even go to church, carry guns, drink fine whiskey, enjoy nature and have good morals. My faith in society has been restored.

I think most people could benefit from the structure of religion, seriously. Even if they aren't the type with faith, religion is far bigger than that. The ones I've been around my entire life promote strong family and community, and preparedness. Most here say the same things but use different words.

I think most people could benefit from the structure of religion, seriously. Even if they aren't the type with faith, religion is far bigger than that. The ones I've been around my entire life promote strong family and community, and preparedness. Most here say the same things but use different words.
Ugh... Can't believe I got roped in...

Apologies @CountryGent if this is the final nail in the coffin of your thread.

@kmk1012 which religion do you refer to? There are literally thousands of religions and thousands of gods. Therefore there are thousands of structures. The vast majority of which are fundamentally flawed to a detrimental and destructive degree.

Sorry, but the structure of religion has been the cause of more casualties than anything else mankind has endured.

I'll climb down now. Might be time for 2 more fingers...

I don't see where religion gets a "free pass" anywhere. I have a Ph.D. in Biology so I am by no means a religious fanatic. But I am firmly convinced that science and faith perform 2 distinctly separate, but equally important, functions in society.
@Cavedweller -- Likewise on the bio PhD. I too view science and religion/spirituality/philosophy/ethics as two distinct areas, both critical to individuals and societies, neither deriveable from the other. I see science as a powerful set of tools. But it takes religion/spirituality/philosophy/ethics to provide us with the guidance needed to properly use the tool of science.

@Koda -- Different individuals and different societies draw on many sources for inspiration, influence and choice of their religion/spirituality/philosophy/ethics. We are explicitly taught by our parents, relatives, schools, and others, by the personal example of our parents and teachers and the heroes of our culture from historical figures to comic book and fictional characters. From the religions and religious influences in our own society and those of others. From friends, boy/girl scouts, team sports, boot camp, military service, going to war. From giving birth, delivering a baby. From raising a family. Saving a life at risk of your own. From death and loss. From caring for the dying. And from visions...direct religious experiences.

Churches and other places of worship have been targets of violence for a long time. For example, back in the Civil Rights era (1960's for those who don't know), churches were a target. Lately, they've become the scene of senseless mass shootings. With this kind of history, I don't think anyone attending should be faulted for wanting to discretely arm themselves.

@Cavedweller -- Likewise on the bio PhD. I too view science and religion/spirituality/philosophy/ethics as two distinct areas, both critical to individuals and societies, neither deriveable from the other. I see science as a powerful set of tools. But it takes religion/spirituality/philosophy/ethics to provide us with the guidance needed to properly use the tool of science.

@Koda -- Different individuals and different societies draw on many sources for inspiration, influence and choice of their religion/spirituality/philosophy/ethics. We are explicitly taught by our parents, relatives, schools, and others, by the personal example of our parents and teachers and the heroes of our culture from historical figures to comic book and fictional characters. From the religions and religious influences in our own society and those of others. From friends, boy/girl scouts, team sports, boot camp, military service, going to war. From giving birth, delivering a baby. From raising a family. Saving a life at risk of your own. From death and loss. From caring for the dying. And from visions...direct religious experiences.
So, uh, do you carry a gun to the alter or what?

Also...you would have to be insane NOT to carry at church these days. Trust in God...but build your house on high ground.
Also:
God helps those who help themselves.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.
Pray to God and keep your powder dry.
Trust Allah but tether your camel.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR