JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got to shoot everything and I was amazed with the mete it is a full size gun and man I was pinging steel. The macro and the echelon were great contenders the macro depending on the ammo was snappy at times and the echelon was good and the dot was easy to acquire but out of all of them I choose the mete and I may come back to the xmacro if conceal carry gives me issues but with the conceal holster I have and what I wear the mete was way to hide even wearing appendix 👍🏽 thanks again going stop by my local gun shop and purchase it. Be safe all and happy holidays.

Not sure that there really is such a thing as a "do all" gun.

[. . . .] Easy to shoot
[. . . .] Good capacity
[. . . .] Accurate
[. . . .] Adjustable sights
[. . . .] Highly Visible sights
[. . . .] Low profile snag-proof sights
[. . . .] Longer sight radius
[. . . .] Easy to conceal

And so on. . . . Pick any three. . . . :)

my Glock 30 W/holosun 507c is a "do it all" gun IMO

IMG_7059.jpeg

Ok to fire up the way, way back machine when I was fresh out of the Navy and going to school on the GI Bill. I wanted a do it all hand gun so I paid $169.00 for a brand new 71/2" Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt. I also bought 100 rounds of ammo, a Lee Challenger press, 100 Large pistol primers some bullets from Liberty bullets and a pound of Unique powder. My buddy knew how to reload so showed me what to do and gave me one load to make. I think it was 10grs of powder with a 255gr SWC. That gun and one load for a lot of years was all I had and it worked well for everything from happy cans to head shooting Grouse. In fact when Harry died and I was at his celebration of life some of the friends of his I'd never met when we did meet they'd say oh, your the guy with the Ruger 45 Colt. My point being any gun can be a do it all gun if that's all you've got.

I'd say use the largest gun you're comfortable with, train with it and find a carry method that works for you. We're all built different, so you'll find what works for you won't necessarily work for someone else.
I'm 5' 6", 117 lbs and I can still conceal a full sized gun, like my Glock 41 for example. Lately, my old school German Sig P229 in .40 has been my carry gun.

If I had to pick a "do-all" gun from the handguns I have, it would be my Commander sized 1911 in 45. (Dan Wesson CBOB) While I've been packing a 357 snubbie for the last few years, it's not as easy to conceal as a 1911 and when I need to conceal, the 1911 is the ticket. I've owned a lot of guns since I've been 21 and the only ones I've kept I really like, except the Glock 22. I've kept it for sentimental reasons. I like the 40S&W as a cartridge, but I have no love for the Glock I own...
I have no interest in the guns the OP is checking out, but have been watching to see what others have to say.

@wjv , the way I look at it, my 1911 covers 6 of your boxes. It doesn't have adjustable sights and compared to most pistols these days, and it doesn't have high capacity, so I didn't check that box, either. For me, though, it checks every other box.
Hell, I carry a 5 shot 357 most of the time. Nine shots is a lot!

Last Edited:
Got to shoot everything and I was amazed with the mete it is a full size gun and man I was pinging steel. The macro and the echelon were great contenders the macro depending on the ammo was snappy at times and the echelon was good and the dot was easy to acquire but out of all of them I choose the mete and I may come back to the xmacro if conceal carry gives me issues but with the conceal holster I have and what I wear the mete was way to hide even wearing appendix 👍🏽 thanks again going stop by my local gun shop and purchase it. Be safe all and happy holidays.
Way to go with a full size gun. They're the best for fighting!

Ok to fire up the way, way back machine when I was fresh out of the Navy and going to school on the GI Bill. I wanted a do it all hand gun so I paid $169.00 for a brand new 71/2" Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt. I also bought 100 rounds of ammo, a Lee Challenger press, 100 Large pistol primers some bullets from Liberty bullets and a pound of Unique powder. My buddy knew how to reload so showed me what to do and gave me one load to make. I think it was 10grs of powder with a 255gr SWC. That gun and one load for a lot of years was all I had and it worked well for everything from happy cans to head shooting Grouse. In fact when Harry died and I was at his celebration of life some of the friends of his I'd never met when we did meet they'd say oh, your the guy with the Ruger 45 Colt. My point being any gun can be a do it all gun if that's all you've got.
Replying to myself, best I can say now days is there is no do all one gun anymore , but it's good to have choices.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews