JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's likely what the British loyalists said to themselves in 1775.
Contrary to popular belief now, the American Revolution was not universally embraced. There is no way at this late time to take polls, but many historians agree that the population was split about 1/3 - 1/3 -1/3. Meaning, about a third were active in or sympathetic to the revolution; about one third were loyalists; and about one third didn't care one way or the other, they just wanted to get on with their lives.

As already stated above, our contemporary American society is not comparable to 1775. For example, our modern lives are heavily dependent upon electrical power. Giving that up to go hide in the woods with their guns is something not many modern people want do. Nobody had electrical power in 1775.

Nobody had electrical power in 1775.
Most did not have indoor plumbing, if at all. Their heating systems sucked. Most had to hunt/raise their own food. They had to contend with the indigenous native peoples and with the wildlife, including predators. Healthcare was crude, hard to get and disease was rampant. Transportation was by horse/mule and sail boat.

The main thing is that most people were very much individualists and self-reliant - they had to be.

Today we live a luxurious life that even their royalty could not imagine or afford.

Contrary to popular belief now, the American Revolution was not universally embraced. There is no way at this late time to take polls, but many historians agree that the population was split about 1/3 - 1/3 -1/3. Meaning, about a third were active in or sympathetic to the revolution; about one third were loyalists; and about one third didn't care one way or the other, they just wanted to get on with their lives.

As already stated above, our contemporary American society is not comparable to 1775. For example, our modern lives are heavily dependent upon electrical power. Giving that up to go hide in the woods with their guns is something not many modern people want do. Nobody had electrical power in 1775.
Couldn't agree more. Most of the country is still to comfortable going home every night and watching TV on the couch while drinking a glass of whiskey. No revolution will start until we are no longer comfortable going home.

Couldn't agree more. Most of the country is still to comfortable going home every night and watching TV on the couch while drinking a glass of whiskey. No revolution will start until we are no longer comfortable going home.
Too comfortable? So many speak like that's a bad thing. Personally, I relish in the experience. My life is easy, simple, amazing. Yes, I like going home to my wife, my kids, my house, my land, and for damn sure, my whiskey.

It would take a lot to tear me apart from what I have, what I've worked for and dedicated myself to. Do I like seeing where the laws are heading? Of course not, but it's going to take a lot more than a few horrendous laws about gun ownership to make me give up and fight in some revolution.

Sadly this would result in dead officers, the enforcers of these horrid policies.

Id implore law enforcement to ignore these policies and tell politicians to do it themselves.
We do in Texas. Can't speak for other states. No gun confiscations in my county where I work. Most Sheriff's in Texas uphold the constitution and will refuse to do it.

OK Rambo, just saying what i see in society today. without a lot of people nothing will happen just small groups getting pinched off.
Funny how we see masses of truckers in Cananada or masses of farmers in France, unarmed, push back and fight government head on. The truth is Americans don't want to end up shooting the police but don't want to amass unarmed because they believe the police will shoot them otherwise. Not talking about Antifa and communist that got their playbook of cheats from the Left.

In the few armed standoffs we've seen, a small number of armed "patriots" will stall government. Though it hasn't happened in a major US city. One armed lunatic in LA shut down half the state.

I think the majority would comply ultimately and the few that stand their ground would be handled with superior force and labeled extremist in a major "win" for the "common sense" gun law pushers.

Thinking law enforcement would quit over this is naive. History tells me otherwise. Some would quit for sure, but most "are just doing their job". It'll happen incrementally. Jordan Peterson has talked about accidental genocide several times. Fascinating and terrifying.

Scary bubblegum inbound I fear.
Exactly, those who think LE will walk off the job have no clue what they are talking about. Katrina…they happily went door to door to confiscate.

Most of the country is still to comfortable going home every night and watching TV on the couch while drinking a glass of whiskey
Yes, but for years I've said, "Walmart puffed cheeseballs, a can of beer and Monday night football."

Too comfortable? So many speak like that's a bad thing. Personally, I relish in the experience. My life is easy, simple, amazing. Yes, I like going home to my wife, my kids, my house, my land, and for damn sure, my whiskey.

It would take a lot to tear me apart from what I have, what I've worked for and dedicated myself to. Do I like seeing where the laws are heading? Of course not, but it's going to take a lot more than a few horrendous laws about gun ownership to make me give up and fight in some revolution.
It's difficult for me to disagree with this. Most people don't want to give it up to spend the rest of their lives fighting for the 2A. It's a noble cause but at what personal cost?

Contrary to popular belief now, the American Revolution was not universally embraced. There is no way at this late time to take polls, but many historians agree that the population was split about 1/3 - 1/3 -1/3.
I'm aware of that, which supports the theme that a motivated 33% won our freedom.

The vast majority of Americans believe nothing bad can happen in modern times. History is just a report of past modern times.

Portland burned for a year. Some creep hung himself on suicide watch after he'd been peddling girls for decades. The alphabet boys all but caught red handed in the espionage cookie jar. Not to mention possibly shooting Kennedy (allegedly). But it's highly unlikely anything bad can happen in modern times.:rolleyes:

Funny how we see masses of truckers in Cananada or masses of farmers in France, unarmed, push back and fight government head on. The truth is Americans don't want to end up shooting the police but don't want to amass unarmed because they believe the police will shoot them otherwise. Not talking about Antifa and communist that got their playbook of cheats from the Left.

In the few armed standoffs we've seen, a small number of armed "patriots" will stall government. Though it hasn't happened in a major US city. One armed lunatic in LA shut down half the state.
Whatever happen it has to be mass scale like the truckers in Canada. As much as social media shut down a lot, there still a lot of eyes out there with everyone recording on they're phones. Little groups won't go anywhere they will just get shut down and silenced

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top