JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is good advice. Except in my case, my brain keeps changing every so often. So, now I realize that for me, there is on such thing as an "end state." I may think there is one, and I may even fantasize that I've reached it. But it never lasts.

By the way, the NEF 20 ga. shotgun I bought from you has been out on the trap field this year. Thanks again.
Fantastic! Glad you're getting some use out of it!

No idea on if these were mentioned in the thread, or not:

Python cable lock.

Have several we use for locking up the outdoor 5 gallon scepter fuel cans & extra propane tanks in fuel shed. Have used them in the past for long gun overflow (&moving), before expanding to more secure storage.

No, they are not "secure", but will simply delay an average snatch & grab tweeker home break in.

May suffice just "enough" for OP, until "collection" is under secure control.

1) A Closet. Swap the hollow door for a solid core door, add a decent lock or two, buy some Bore Stores to put the guns in, maybe a couple of big cans of desiccant. There are also plenty of camera systems that could alert your phone if someone started messing with the door. And if the closet is in a master bedroom or similar, you could add another lock to the bedroom door so someone would have to get through two doors instead of one.

2) You could also purchase a Rigid job box from Home Depot and probably stuff a good amount of guns in there...again, in bore stores, desiccant, etc., Many job boxes have a passthrough for power too so you could toss a Golden Rod in there too. And yea, a job box is a little money but it's cheaper than another safe.

3) Under bed lock box

4) A Coffee table of some sort that you could store a fair amount of guns in and add some type of lock to. There are probable some that are purpose built for this and some you could convert. Similarly you could use a foot locker, or cedar chest of some sort.

One traffic barrel will hold 2,000 .25acp Ravens.
The perfect solution for Dorothy's friends

IMG_0274.jpeg

I knew a man once who had the same problem only on a larger scale. He had an overflowing gun room where he bought guns in series. Like, Sako rifles in every caliber, Remington 1100 in every gauge,, etc. When he past, they found he stored firearms at various friends places. Since he hadn't kept records of them, I suspect a lot of his friends kept quiet.

If you can afford that many guns you can afford that many gunsafes. There is no cheap solution dilemma here, go buy a couple of safes and be done with it.

I have a "between the studs" wall safe. These things are cheap. Although not terribly secure. Any burgler with a crowbar could probably get into it. I have it hid in my closet behing my hanging clothes so you have to really be looking. It holds a few extra and provides some easy access stuff in case of home invasion or whatever catches me in the bed or shower.

5529095.jpg

Obviously this takes a dedicated room, but I'm going to do this...

A lift up bed with storage underneath can be an option for ammo cans, long guns, gear. Does prevent getting to them when partner is sleeping.
A friend of mine just built a really nice under bed folding storage for several long guns and other accessories. He said it's very stable even during "fun time"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top