JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No structural mods in the apartment world.
That security deposit isn't a rental car
walk-away insurance policy
When I was younger I was drilling a hole in wall to hang a dartboard…. Drill bit nicked a wire and tripped breaker.

Cut drywall…. Installed dead Jbox for wire connections and blank wall plate. Ran spliced wire back to receptacle I popped.

Drywall finish…. Aerosol orange peel… paint match at Ace…..free 12oz sample enough to brush it in and blend.

No one's the wiser… just an extra wall plate mid wall… light switch height… all to code. Just another rental property.

A while back a lot of Teen Challenges/Super Thrift had armoire/wardrobes/TV entertainment cabinets for cheap.. those might also be good candidates for simple gun cabinets if there's any still around in the area thrift stores up there.

When I was younger I was drilling a hole in wall to hang a dartboard…. Drill bit nicked a wire and tripped breaker.

Cut drywall…. Installed dead Jbox for wire connections and blank wall plate. Ran spliced wire back to receptacle I popped.

Drywall finish…. Aerosol orange peel… paint match at Ace…..free 12oz sample enough to brush it in and blend.

No one's the wiser… just an extra wall plate mid wall… light switch height… all to code. Just another rental property.
You , sir , are several cuts above the average " renter ".
I salute you.

Considering 20% down on a $400k is $80,000 that should be no problem for most folks...
The wife has a sub 3% loan on the condo that she paid $150k for, before we married. You can't touch any homes in this town for less than about 500k. Moving isn't going to happen unless the home market and interest rates crash hard.

In Wash. state it's not a law that they be kept locked up. But if they get away from you and they weren't locked up, that is against the law. A cheap way to satisfy that law is a trigger lock if your safe gets filled up and you have no more room. I know it doesn't answer the basic question of the thread, but it's a solution that satisfies the law in Wash.

A obvious point, if you have limited secure storage space, keep the more valuable pieces in the safe and the least valuable ones wherever.

In Wash. state it's not a law that they be kept locked up. But if they get away from you and they weren't locked up, that is against the law. A cheap way to satisfy that law is a trigger lock if your safe gets filled up and you have no more room. I know it doesn't answer the basic question of the thread, but it's a solution that satisfies the law in Wash.

A obvious point, if you have limited secure storage space, keep the more valuable pieces in the safe and the least valuable ones wherever.
Trigger locks would work in Oregon as well but would be a real pia locking up every gun if a person had a substantial collection. If the person was to get a bunch of keyed a like trigger locks that might work though.

Trigger locks would work in Oregon as well but would be a real pia locking up every gun if a person had a substantial collection. If the person was to get a bunch of keyed a like trigger locks that might work though.
Very true about inconvenience, but the ones I've got locks on don't see much use. Yes to the same keyed locks, I bought some in sets of three to cut down on the number of keys. Even found some at gun shows for one dollar apiece in keyed sets of two. Trigger locks and such like safety stuff are usually dirt cheap at gun shows. Because lots of "Real" gun people don't believe in using them.

As a practical matter, I have two teen aged male grandchildren. Guns around here are either locked in a safe or have a trigger lock on them. One grandson I've spent a lot of time with shooting and so on, he knows all the safety stuff. The other one, I haven't. In both cases, a lock is a good companion to trust. My third grandson is only two years old. And, as a female, my granddaughter has trust automatically granted as to guns. Females in general aren't apt to cause trouble with guns.

For many years, the Wash. Arms Collectors have required plastic tie downs on all guns at their shows. Lately, I discovered that keyed trigger locks are acceptable and even preferred.

Is your collecting driven by a specific goal or objective? If you haven't already, it would be worth thinking about what you want the end state of your collection to be, why you are collecting, and whether your collection reflects the inventory you ultimately want to get to. That may help you focus the direction of your collecting and reduce future purchases to just those that reflect your end goals.
This is good advice. Except in my case, my brain keeps changing every so often. So, now I realize that for me, there is on such thing as an "end state." I may think there is one, and I may even fantasize that I've reached it. But it never lasts.

By the way, the NEF 20 ga. shotgun I bought from you has been out on the trap field this year. Thanks again.

Very true about inconvenience, but the ones I've got locks on don't see much use. Yes to the same keyed locks, I bought some in sets of three to cut down on the number of keys. Even found some at gun shows for one dollar apiece in keyed sets of two. Trigger locks and such like safety stuff are usually dirt cheap at gun shows. Because lots of "Real" gun people don't believe in using them.

As a practical matter, I have two teen aged male grandchildren. Guns around here are either locked in a safe or have a trigger lock on them. One grandson I've spent a lot of time with shooting and so on, he knows all the safety stuff. The other one, I haven't. In both cases, a lock is a good companion to trust. My third grandson is only two years old. And, as a female, my granddaughter has trust automatically granted as to guns. Females in general aren't apt to cause trouble with guns.

For many years, the Wash. Arms Collectors have required plastic tie downs on all guns at their shows. Lately, I discovered that keyed trigger locks are acceptable and even preferred.
We have an (adult-ish) relative living with us. If he ever did something stupid with one of my firearms, I would be in deeper doo doo if the firearms weren't locked up.

I find I am needing either a simple cabinet, or some other means to lock 4 ARs up from my children...
Around here, I've seen many china hutches for sale cheap at Goodwill Outlet and the Deseret Industries stores. China cabinets are definitely out post Boomer generation, so nobody wants grandma's. I used to see furniture grade gun cabinets at such stores, real cheap. Nobody shows their guns off anymore for obvious reasons. Glass fronts can easily be sealed up with sheet lumber. Some years ago, I bought a former gun cabinet and converted it with shelving for storing ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top