JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fn fnc
header-215.jpg

I went 6 pages deep in the rifle classifieds.
Didn't see the Malcomar I was looking for ( it's been months since I saw ad)

There was at least 1 cool 5.56 option on every page. Well under $2k in all most ads.

I could tag you in a few.
Yup I've been looking through them. I think i just need to be ready to drop some cash on something that's all

Brownells AR-180? Can use a standard AR lower, so still accessory options aplenty. Standard manual of arms I believe.

Bullpup? (Steyr, Tavor, KelTec) Neat-o factor, however manual of arms can take getting used to, to significant getting used to. Accessory options depend.

That foldy KelTec thing SU16.

AK platform.

Are you trying to avoid the modern military look, or just want an alternative to the AR, like most of the suggestions above?

Not a semi-auto, but still faster than a bolt action, is the Remington 7615, which uses AR magazines.

Bruce

Are you trying to avoid the modern military look, or just want an alternative to the AR, like most of the suggestions above?

Not a semi-auto, but still faster than a bolt action, is the Remington 7615.

Bruce
Been looking to get another rifle besides my ak and I want to see what other options I have for an 556 gun

I really like the AUG. It's a bullpup so some folks will say they suck, but I actually own 2 and speaking from experience they are pretty solid rifles. They run great, are accurate as hell, same barrel length as a full-sized AR, but with the overall length of an SBR and most of the weight closer to the shoulder so you don't fatigue as quickly when shooting. The trigger isn't great and if you want to mount lights and lasers it's probably not the gun for you, but it's a reliable and comfortable weapon. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, happy to let you test mine out.

Other bullpup options out there include the Tavor, KelTec RDB, Desert Tech MDRX, Springfield Hellion, and a few others.

If budget is an issue, another often-dismissed option is the KelTec SU16. Functions kinda like an AK, takes AR mags, is not pretty but can take a beating and keep on shooting.

Beyond that obviously the Mini 14 and CETME come to mind, as mentioned above. The SCAR 16, though kinda spendy. The DRD Sub-6 looks interesting. There are AK variants chambered in 5.56. HK does a neutered version of their G36 (the SL8), and TommyBuilt does as close to a real G36 as you can get.

Given the number of options out there, the limiting factor is really budget.

I really like the AUG. It's a bullpup so some folks will say they suck, but I actually own 2 and speaking from experience they are pretty solid rifles. They run great, are accurate as hell, same barrel length as a full-sized AR, but with the overall length of an SBR and most of the weight closer to the shoulder so you don't fatigue as quickly when shooting. The trigger isn't great and if you want to mount lights and lasers it's probably not the gun for you, but it's a reliable and comfortable weapon. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, happy to let you test mine out.

Other bullpup options out there include the Tavor, KelTec RDB, Desert Tech MDRX, Springfield Hellion, and a few others.

If budget is an issue, another often-dismissed option is the KelTec SU16. Functions kinda like an AK, takes AR mags, is not pretty but can take a beating and keep on shooting.

Beyond that obviously the Mini 14 and CETME come to mind, as mentioned above. The SCAR 16, though kinda spendy. The DRD Sub-6 looks interesting. There are AK variants chambered in 5.56. HK does a neutered version of their G36 (the SL8), and TommyBuilt does as close to a real G36 as you can get.

Given the number of options out there, the limiting factor is really budget.
Yup you are totally right. Budget is the main thing and how much I want to spend. It seems everything has been getting more expensive these days..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top