JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So it begins. If this does turn into a full blown panic the best part will be watching those who for weeks from now daily take to the net to tell the world they just found out. :s0140:
A recent leak has shown that congress was warned a week in advance of the "surprise" attack in Israel/Gaza.
Many congressional members immediately bought defense related stocks. :confused:

A recent leak has shown that congress was warned a week in advance of the surprise attack in Israel/Gaza.
Many congressional members immediately bought defense related stocks. :confused:
Sadly insider trading has a LONG history with law makers. Every wonder how so many of them come into office barely middle class and after a couple decades leave multi millionaires? Our current POTUS is a great example. He has only had gov jobs all his life yet owns how many homes? Most just choose to ignore this so of course it just keeps getting worse. Now and then they toss one of their own under the bus. Either because they did not grease the correct palm, or the allowed themselves to get too careless and they needed to pretend. That guy from NJ is the latest example. He had been corrupt for a VERY long time too but for some reason they decided to make an example of him. Have to guess its a warning to other to not piss off whoever it was he pissed off. :s0092:

I don't stock up on ammo, I roll my own.
Me too. I'm fortunate in that before this last panic I was at home for a couple months recovering from spinal surgery reliving a cancerous tumor and my C6 replaced. There was components aplenty and we were fortunate to have a little $$$ too. I had nothing but time and my phone watching all of these sales and about twice a day the doorbell would ring and a very heavy box would get delivered, my wife was annoyed because she had to carry them but understood from previous panics. Now, she asked if we have enough, LOL

Unfortunately all the $8.99 X-Tac was gone at BiMart. I did get a few packs of primers and some bullets. There was plenty of ammo but the thought of $11.99 for Frontier just makes me feel, dirty.

I can see the downside of having more ammo and supplies than you can transport but I'll cross that line when I get there.

I don't stock up on ammo, I roll my own.
I hope you do stock up on components. Every time there is another panic those are gone and are always the last thing to come back. Those are even easier to set aside than loaded ammo and so few will do so. Those who do not then of course are always angry when it takes a LONG damn time for them to come back to the shelf after the ammo comes back.

It may well do just that. What always happens is not that there is not enough of the stuff being made. It's that panic feeds on itself. As the shelves start to get bare more and more people start to run around and buy everything they can get their hands on. It spreads VERY fast. Most should remember the great TP shortage. That was all panic buying.
Found some IMR 4064 at Powder Valley. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

Unfortunately all the $8.99 X-Tac was gone at BiMart. I did get a few packs of primers and some bullets. There was plenty of ammo but the thought of $11.99 for Frontier just makes me feel, dirty.

I can see the downside of having more ammo and supplies than you can transport but I'll cross that line when I get there.
Last time I moved one kid was helping me. Movers asked to not put ammo in the stuff they were moving so I was humping it out to truck. I could see the kid looking at me like maybe I had gone off the deep end. We were in the middle of another panic. So I picked up a box of 9mm. Said I paid $8 each for these. I could easily sell them for $50 each right now and this will happen again. I said when your Mom and I are gone take the ammo you find and watch for the next panic. There will be another, and sell it. He stopped looking at me like I had a foil hat on. :D

The Hornady plant is a repurposed ordinance plant. These were designed to limit accidental explosions from affecting anything beyond a confined area. I doubt that Hornady defeated these design parameters. Another factor is what part of the manufacturing process was damaged. It could be a choke-point, or it could be one of many parallel stations. Only time will tell.

The extent of Hornady going off-line depends on the percentage of sales from production there. Arguably, the realignment of Lake City production will have the greatest effect.

The current overseas conflicts probably have a greater effect on supply than anything else.

"So, ammo price us probably going to go up, bc an ammo plant in Nebraska blew up" (post no. 111)

Not like an eruption into warfare that has occurred in Gaza / Israel. The IDF has several machine gun designs that use 7.62 NATO ammunition. We can forget large rifle primers being on the shelves again any time soon. The war in Ukraine has been already diverting ammunition and components from the civil market here. It's gonna get worse.

Yes I bought cheap & stacked deep decades ago. I'm still running Uly white box X39/$2 a box ammo. 1K of that left, 8K of X39 Brown Bear, Gold, & Red Army (19 SKSs-down from 40, & an RAR), 800 rds .270 (Rem 710) 750 rds .22-250 (Handi-rifle), 3K 9mm (Beretta & Tanfoglio), 4K .357 (Astra, Rossi pistols, 2-92 Rossi levers), 2K .45 (3-1911s), 2K .30-06 (Garand & FN49), 1K 7mm (FN49, 1916 Mauser), 800 rds .30-30 (30AS & Savage 325), 1K 8mm (FN49 & cz 24), 4k milsurp & commercial US & South African X51 (Savage 99F, 2A1, SAR8), 900rds .41 mag (Henry BBS & Blackhawk), 400 rds .22 mag (Rough Rider), and of course a million rds of .22LR (H&R, MKI, Henry RR, Jaguar, 4-10/22s, 5 Marlin 60s, Nylon 66, Win T75 & Daisy 2022), 1K 12ga pellets, slug & buck (2 A5s, Mossy 500 & Bakail SXS coach), 500 .410 pellet & slug (Savage 24), 200 16 ga (A5). Too much is not enough, PAX

PS, I have dies for everything but haven't had the need YET

Last Edited:
I do as well, but still can not figure out the "rimfire equation". So, I have been picking up a few boxes of 22 WMR each time I'm in town. By the way, Bi-Mart has the best prices on 22 WMR of any of the online retailers I've found so far.
I used to buy a brick of .22lR at BiMart every Friday, and they were always on sale at $7-$8 a brick then. I've probably got over 20,000 rds. and finally stopped when prices jumped over $10 a brick. Kinda funny to look back now and see how much a brick costs today!

Yes I bought cheap & stacked deep decades ago. I'm still running Uly white box X39/$2 a box ammo. 1K of that left, 8K of X39 Brown Bear, Gold, & Red Army (19 SKSs-down from 40, & an RAR), 800 rds .270 (Rem 710) 750 rds .22-250 (Handi-rifle), 3K 9mm (Beretta & Tanfoglio), 4K .357 (Astra, Rossi pistols, 2-92 Rossi levers), 2K .45 (3-1911s), 2K .30-06 (Garand & FN49), 1K 7mm (FN49, 1916 Mauser), 800 rds .30-30 (30AS & Savage 325), 1K 8mm (FN49 & cz 24), 4k milsurp & commercial US & South African X51 (Savage 99F, 2A1, SAR8), 900rds .41 mag (Henry BBS & Blackhawk), 400 rds .22 mag (Rough Rider), and of course a million rds of .22LR (H&R, MKI, Henry RR, Jaguar, 4-10/22s, 5 Marlin 60s, Nylon 66, Win T75 & Daisy 2022), 1K 12ga pellets, slug & buck (2 A5s, Mossy 500 & Bakail SXS coach), 500 .410 pellet & slug (Savage 24), 200 16 ga (A5).
Nicely kept inventory. I wonder how many of us here with any appreciable quantity of ammo have as good of a handle on inventory as this list. I try to keep an updated Excel document with my reloading components, mainly to keep bullets, primers and powder in balance. But I only have a very rough estimate of loaded rounds, and only as to some cartridges. Some of my GI ammo cans have a list of contents on the ends, but they aren't consolidated anywhere. Several years ago, I tried to work up an organized inventory but even with my modest (compared to some) supplies, it soon got out of date what with periodic expenditures and additions, so I gave it up. Maybe I should do an "Alexa, ..." thing.

Nicely kept inventory. I wonder how many of us here with any appreciable quantity of ammo have as good of a handle on inventory as this list.
I think some of that is a personality and/or training thing. Some people are highly organized and some people aren't. Some jobs require more organizational skills than others.

I'm nowhere near that organized. I have a general idea of what I have for ammo and supplies, and a basic system for where it's stored, but no spreadsheets or anything written. It works for me and that's all that matters. To each their own.

I have a coworker who's highly organized, to the point of OCD, I think. A place for everything and everything in its place, to a bit of an extreme. I know I really bugged him for a while. I'm organized but nowhere near like he is. I could tell minor clutter and lack of extreme organization really bothered him, but he just had to get over it. I'm not going to change, and I am the senior tech, with two decades more experience.

ADDED: I don't mean to knock those with mad organizational skills; I'm actually impressed by that, even if it's not me.

Last Edited:
I think some of that is a personality and/or training thing. Some people are highly organized and some people aren't. Some jobs require more organizational skills than others.
I agree. I'm somewhere in the middle. Yet I can usually find what I'm looking for. With some exceptions. Like when I'm looking for something, at first not realizing that it's something that I sold, gave away, or used up already.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top