JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1693243715234.png

Awwww......Come On Man
THAT was just a test. Besides....it's another reason/way, to force America to go electric.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Man can you imagine what this will end up costing? Empty and clean tanks bad enough. Anyone who's car is screwed up from this? I can just see the lawyers lining up now to point fingers at each other.
Fortunately, diesel in a gas engine won't do much in the way of mechanical damage. It'll simply clog up the fuel filter, injectors, etc and require flushing. I mean... aside from the obvious that your vehicle won't run, but it's rectifiable if you throw money at it. Ain't gonna be cheap though... and definitely going to leave you SOL for way more than a minute when everyone in the area (including the mechanics) are trying to get outta dodge.

I can't even imagine though what it's going to cost the fuel company to pump and flush out all those giant ground tanks they contaminated, dispose of all that fuel and then flush all of their own tankers. I imagine there are going to be some compensation losses paying off their vendors as well.

You wanna bet whose going to be footing the bill for all that with price hikes at the pump? 🤣

On the flip side... It's gasoline in a diesel engine that has the potential to destroy your engine.

Last Edited:
Ive know people that have had it happen. Usual bill is around $2K . It doesn't damage much if anything hard part wise. flush the system and injectors, change filters etc. Fred Meyers in Yakima did it once. Oopsies.

Gas in diesel tanks bad. Diesel in gas tanks just an costly annoyance.

I'm wondering how many times this happens at fuel stations, and is never reported. Accidently pump 500 gallons of gas in a diesel tank, then catch the mistake, but just top off the holding tank with diesel,to mix it, and hope no one finds out..

I try and keep my generator tank full (replacing it with fresh every now and then), my law tractor full and my extra cans full (I won't say how many in case Fire Marshal Bill is listening). This is a good reminder.

Someone wanted a reason to not move to Florida, here's another!
Beyond pre-historic animals roaming freely, hurricanes, and off the charts humidity (I was there a week ago before the storm), sadly, this could be coming to a gas station near you anytime, so not unique to Florida. :(

I'm wondering how many times this happens at fuel stations, and is never reported. Accidently pump 500 gallons of gas in a diesel tank, then catch the mistake, but just top off the holding tank with diesel,to mix it, and hope no one finds out..
I've run into poorly maintained tanks with water in them and it caused issues with gas vehicles. Most diesels have at least a rudimentary water separator on them that needs to be drained periodically.

I have a 106 gallon aux tank with 75 gallons of diesel in it - plus the tank (36 gal) on my truck is mostly full. Until Monday I also had two 5 gallon cans full, but refilled neighbors tractor after borrowing it to mow my woods/meadow. I used about 5 gallons in 5 hours, but I topped off his tank even though it was only half full when I started.

I also have a 250+ gallon storage tank sitting in the shop - empty until I sell the property and move it to where it will be permanently, then I will fill it.

I also have a 55 gal drum of gasoline, about 75% full - I need to top it off.

I put Pri-G & Pri-D in my fuel and I have had no problems with it, most of my gasoline is several years old. I get it at Costco which has a high turnover rate - always a good sized line there.

Ive know people that have had it happen. Usual bill is around $2K . It doesn't damage much if anything hard part wise. flush the system and injectors, change filters etc. Fred Meyers in Yakima did it once. Oopsies.

Gas in diesel tanks bad. Diesel in gas tanks just an costly annoyance.
It depends on the ratio. Diesel can cause knocking and run on in gasoline engines, damaging them. Diesel engines need the lubrication of the diesel fuel and that can cause damage to the very close tolerances of the high pressure part of the FI system - same with water. Either way, not good.

Fortunately, diesel in a gas engine won't do much in the way of mechanical damage. It'll simply clog up the fuel filter, injectors, etc and require flushing. I mean... aside from the obvious that your vehicle won't run, but it's rectifiable if you throw money at it. Ain't gonna be cheap though... and definitely going to leave you SOL for way more than a minute when everyone in the area (including the mechanics) are trying to get outta dodge.

I can't even imagine though what it's going to cost the fuel company to pump and flush out all those giant ground tanks they contaminated, dispose of all that fuel and then flush all of their own tankers. I imagine there are going to be some compensation losses paying off their vendors as well.

You wanna bet whose going to be footing the bill for all that with price hikes at the pump? 🤣

On the flip side... It's gasoline in a diesel engine that has the potential to destroy your engine.
That's what I was thinking. By the time they compensate the drivers, who are of course going to want a rental car while theirs is in the shop, then the damn cost of doing something with all that fuel that comes from those tanks. Now of course someone is going to start fighting over who is going to pay. What a damn mess.

It depends on the ratio. Diesel can cause knocking and run on in gasoline engines, damaging them. Diesel engines need the lubrication of the diesel fuel and that can cause damage to the very close tolerances of the high pressure part of the FI system - same with water. Either way, not good.
For long periods sure but most people are going to realize theyre having an issue pretty quickly .

For long periods sure but most people are going to realize theyre having an issue pretty quickly .
The damage will be done - even if it is slight and for a short time. Not sure how modern EMI systems would handle the detonation and run on - I haven't had those problems for decades and have not had issues with contaminated fuel for almost as long (AFAIK).

The damage will be done - even if it is slight and for a short time. Not sure how modern EMI systems would handle the detonation and run on - I haven't had those problems for decades and have not had issues with contaminated fuel for almost as long (AFAIK).
They'll just pull timing and throw a check engine code and go into limp mode.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads