JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In an answer to the OP's question: YES.

I absolutely concur with the guys who've mentioned Forstchen's books.

One Second After, One Year After, The Final Day, Five Years After -- these are THE definitive books laying out what we'd be facing after an EMP event, whether as a result of a CME or a nuke EMP attack.

If you haven't read William Forstchen, you're not really preparing. The guy is a prophet.

Thought I would toss this out there for consideration: has there ever been a work of fiction that led you to engage in one or more preparedness step, projects, or life plans?

• The type of work can be of any of your choosing (e.g., books, films, theater, video games, et al.).
  • The work may be anything from very obscure to very main stream.
  • The work would have to have some intersection with preparedness, civil defense, self defense, etc.
  • Any time period of your choosing.
So, any come to mind? What was the work and how did it impact your preparations?

Thanks for sharing. :)
10 cloverfield lane, just hearing the John Goodmans characters passion and well thought out approach made me step up my game. Entertaining watch!

I almost forgot go to youtube and search

• Dystopian short
  • Zombie short
  • apocalypse short film
  • Sci Fi short

There are lots of small independent short moves some are lame and some are descent crack a beer watch a few

I have to say it wasn't some great work of art, but World War Z - the Brad Pitt movie really, damn. Bordering on silly in some places, but I love watching a movie pushing hyper-speed action. Those Zombies were unusual. Possibly drank too many Red Bulls.

Jericho, a 2006 two-season tv show starring Skeet Ulrich, Gerald McRaney, and Lennie James. Go to the Wikipedia link to read the synopsis. Very unsettling depiction of life after a nuclear detonation on U.S. soil.

Watching " Night of the comet" right now, probably at least the 50th time I've seen it.
Gun stuff I learned; short barreled revolvers are good for date night in the Barrio. Uzi is better than original MAC series open bolt sub guns.
I saw a short "making of" on youtube where they interviewed the actresses and they were saying how the MAC-10s were constantly jamming during filming, so at one point the director told them to just keep going when they malfunction. The result was this scene where the gun legitimately jams.

Yes, I'm a movie nerd and child of the 80s. 😎

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top