JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes - yes, I did.

I haven't checked in the last few days, but it seemed that ammo was still plentiful and relatively cheap a week or so ago (time flies).

OTOH, for months to over a year, I have been noticing that gun prices, including used guns here, seem to have mostly gone up considerably. I see many of the guns I have bought in the last 5 years, having an asking price of 50-100% more than what I paid for them. Makes me feel a little better about my empty wallet. Granted, there are some - like std Glocks and some ARs, that seem to be selling at prices not so inflated.

Yes - yes, I did.

I haven't checked in the last few days, but it seemed that ammo was still plentiful and relatively cheap a week or so ago (time flies).

OTOH, for months to over a year, I have been noticing that gun prices, including used guns here, seem to have mostly gone up considerably. I see many of the guns I have bought in the last 5 years, having an asking price of 50-100% more than what I paid for them. Makes me feel a little better about my empty wallet. Granted, there are some - like std Glocks and some ARs, that seem to be selling at prices not so inflated.
In the last year, I have noticed massive price drops in gun prices.
For example, at Bereli last couple weeks they were offering an $1,100 MR920 combat optic for $578.
At BCA they have complete AR15's for as low as $359 and AR10's near $500.
Even this forum has had many very attractive prices, especially on Glocks.

In the last year, I have noticed massive price drops in gun prices.
For example, at Bereli last couple weeks they were offering an $1,100 MR920 combat optic for $578.
At BCA they have complete AR15's for as low as $359 and AR10's near $500.
Even this forum has had many very attractive prices, especially on Glocks.
I agree with this comment.
My observation is that many polymer pistols continue to get lower on the shelf priced even while inflation is occurring..
Someone on this forum recently posted a link to new CZ P10c for $288. I consider the CZ equal or better than their competitors in that niche of the handgun market.

Last Edited:
Ammo manufacturers and retailers love panic buyers. For them, theres nothing better than scared customers insisting they double their prices for no reason other than their own fear.

We have all seen this happen multiple times over the years, we have no one to blame for scarcity and price increases but ourselves.

Dont like what i say? Im sure you remember the covid toilet paper fiasco, its not just gun nuts, its just a human problem.

Ammo manufacturers and retailers love panic buyers. For them, theres nothing better than scared customers insisting they double their prices for no reason other than their own fear.

We have all seen this happen multiple times over the years, we have no one to blame for scarcity and price increases but ourselves.

Dont like what i say? Im sure you remember the covid toilet paper fiasco, its not just gun nuts, its just a human problem.
These things come over and over and the ONLY reason so many insist on paying WAY too much is they refuse to learn from history. Every time another panic rolls through I do feel bad for people who are new to the gun world. The VAST majority of the people screaming are not new and have seen this before. They just prove again that they learned nothing from the past.
As for retailers I have not seen any double their prices when there is no ammo to sell so not sure where you got that from. When the next panic hits there will be some taking advantage of it to sell ammo they set aside for whatever the market will take. This will not be retailers unless you think of some who will be offering the stuff on the auction as retailers. Almost all retailers will sit with no ammo on the shelf. Hard to double the price on something you do not have to sell. It is amazing to watch those who refuse to learn from past history start to blame everyone else for the fact that they learned nothing. :s0092: Looks like we will get to see it all over again here. :s0140:

These things come over and over and the ONLY reason so many insist on paying WAY too much is they refuse to learn from history. Every time another panic rolls through I do feel bad for people who are new to the gun world. The VAST majority of the people screaming are not new and have seen this before. They just prove again that they learned nothing from the past.
As for retailers I have not seen any double their prices when there is no ammo to sell so not sure where you got that from. When the next panic hits there will be some taking advantage of it to sell ammo they set aside for whatever the market will take. This will not be retailers unless you think of some who will be offering the stuff on the auction as retailers. Almost all retailers will sit with no ammo on the shelf. Hard to double the price on something you do not have to sell. It is amazing to watch those who refuse to learn from past history start to blame everyone else for the fact that they learned nothing. :s0092: Looks like we will get to see it all over again here. :s0140:
It is also my observation that in times of shortage, ammo disappears from the normal supply chain and appears in "alternate" locations. The only explanation for this is that someone in the supply chain is taking advantage of their position to purchase ammo before it is distributed, either for themselves or for someone they favor.

It would be interesting if someone published the supply chain for ammo and components. I know Walmart had a policy of buying direct for most of its inventory, and would expect that to extend to ammo. Smaller retailers may have more than one level of distributor above them in the supply chain. Personally, I think some store managers at Walmart set up sales of ammo that never reached the shelves. I also suspect that either the distributors themselves, or their employees sold ammo online, instead of sending it on to established retailers. I have no proof of this, just suspicion.

Local Sportsman's had full shelves back in August but last month shelves were at maybe 50%.
People seem to be still stocking up.
Yea, a few months ago I bought a bunch of Blue Dot at Sportsmans.
It was there, and I had not been able to find it for about three years. I bought more that I should have. (I thought)
Ever since then, it has been unobtanium. I am glad I got while the getting was good.

I have been a customer of SGAmmo since 2011. Great service and I always insure the full ammo purchase price which is just a few dollars more. I been spend some my money on other things but I did order ammunition from SGAmmo earlier in the year. Might be a bit more pricey but never had any issues with any ammunition I have ordered over the years.

It is also my observation that in times of shortage, ammo disappears from the normal supply chain and appears in "alternate" locations. The only explanation for this is that someone in the supply chain is taking advantage of their position to purchase ammo before it is distributed, either for themselves or for someone they favor.

It would be interesting if someone published the supply chain for ammo and components. I know Walmart had a policy of buying direct for most of its inventory, and would expect that to extend to ammo. Smaller retailers may have more than one level of distributor above them in the supply chain. Personally, I think some store managers at Walmart set up sales of ammo that never reached the shelves. I also suspect that either the distributors themselves, or their employees sold ammo online, instead of sending it on to established retailers. I have no proof of this, just suspicion.
Ever seen a "new gun" hit the market? Ever pay attention to how it goes? When almost anything new hits you can buy it off the auction but good luck finding it in your local store. Ammo works the same way. There are places buying it in VERY large lots. They are often holding a lot when something hits. With guns its no different. Distributors sell first to the best clients. This really is not a mystery how this works. There is also a LOT of retailers who refuse to try to make bank off this. They take the long game in not wanting to piss people off. So when ammo is gone they will let shelves sit empty and when ammo comes in will often limit sales. They sell it at the exact same mark up but, limit how much anyone can buy to "try" to get as many as possible a shot at getting some. Bi-Mart is a great example of this. Wally's used to be before so many got out of selling ammo. Bottom line is always the same. People who have been shooting a while know full well this happens and ignore it. Then when caught yet again are looking for someone to blame. Looks like we are going to get to see yet another one and nothing changes. :s0092:

It is wise to buy when you can.
Bulk is nice...but even if you only buy a box or two when you can...it all adds up.

Something to consider here...
Some folks buy a coffee from a coffee shack every day or damn near...
At around $7.00 for a some sort of fancy coffee..that is $35 bucks a 5 day work week...that you could have a spent on ammo.....
Andy

Personally, I think some store managers at Walmart set up sales of ammo that never reached the shelves. I also suspect that either the distributors themselves, or their employees sold ammo online, instead of sending it on to established retailers. I have no proof of this, just suspicion.
All those guys who, for a while, were suddenly selling ammo on Gunbroker had to be getting it from somewhere. So there may be some basis to your suspicion.

It is wise to buy when you can.
Bulk is nice...but even if you only buy a box or two when you can...it all adds up.

Something to consider here...
Some folks buy a coffee from a coffee shack every day or damn near...
At around $7.00 for a some sort of fancy coffee..that is $35 bucks a 5 day work week...that you could have a spent on ammo.....
Andy
That is one that really has me shaking my head. Any time I am out and about in the morning several of those coffee shacks have a line going out into the road. That's just the drive up ones. :confused:
Decades back the first time I ever tried a Starbucks place I was working guy next door asked me if I wanted one as he was going to run down and get one. So I tried it. Thing was good but for that price? :confused:
Next day I bought a can of that flavored instant coffee and tried making it with milk instead of water. Damn stuff was even better and I got the entire can for less than that one cup at the coffee joint. Now days I use those K-Cup things. Works great since Wife does not drink coffee. Thing makes one cup at a time. Machine cost me less than one cup at the coffee shack. To each his own but I still don't get buying a cup of coffee that costs that damn much.:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top