JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Am I missing something? What bubblegum popped off? If everyone is panicking over Israel i've got news they have been in about 8 official wars and ~6 insurgencies since their creation in 1948. Its what happens when you are surrounded my neighbors that do not want you to exexists.
Doesn't matter. People stocked up on toilet paper and masks that couldn't block a fart. Perception says to panic buy, so panic buy when you can. Or, be right and have no ammo when you want it.

Hopefully we have enough on hand. I like to stay somewhere between too much and comfortable.

That is one that really has me shaking my head. Any time I am out and about in the morning several of those coffee shacks have a line going out into the road. That's just the drive up ones. :confused:
Decades back the first time I ever tried a Starbucks place I was working guy next door asked me if I wanted one as he was going to run down and get one. So I tried it. Thing was good but for that price? :confused:
Next day I bought a can of that flavored instant coffee and tried making it with milk instead of water. Damn stuff was even better and I got the entire can for less than that one cup at the coffee joint. Now days I use those K-Cup things. Works great since Wife does not drink coffee. Thing makes one cup at a time. Machine cost me less than one cup at the coffee shack. To each his own but I still don't get buying a cup of coffee that costs that damn much.:s0092:
I have a Kcup machine and I bought a filter that you can fill with your own ground coffee instead of buying Kcups which is even cheaper. I do keep some kcups on hand but use the filter most of the time.

I have a Kcup machine and I bought a filter that you can fill with your own ground coffee instead of buying Kcups which is even cheaper. I do keep some kcups on hand but use the filter most of the time.
I have seen those reusable deals and really should buy one. I keep putting it off as I use so little coffee being the only one who drinks it. Still would be nice to have one for the little machine.

Something to consider here...
Some folks buy a coffee from a coffee shack every day or damn near...
At around $7.00 for a some sort of fancy coffee..that is $35 bucks a 5 day work week...that you could have a spent on ammo.....
Andy
BTW : For those of us/you/me (until today) that didn't KNOW......

Aloha, Mark

PS....I haven't asked, YET. If the store that I frequent is a UNION shop.

Last Edited:
Interesting timing... my daughter just texted me this.

Screenshot_20231014_094948_Messages-01.jpeg

Yes and no. Yes because when I dig through it all, I realize that for the limited amount I shoot, I have plenty to keep me busy for many years to come. And no, because I haven't been stocking up in any real way for a very long time.

I did buy some primers and .22 lr ammo in the last couple years, and while I don't have huge quantities of either, I have plenty for what I shoot. Around the start of summer I made a commitment to stop spending any money on myself: no more guns, ammo, reloading stuff, accessories, bought lunches, etc.. I've spent the whole summer doing home repairs, and nearly depleted our savings in the process. For the foreseeable future I'm just a workhorse. My goal is just to provide for my family, and that's all. I'll spend the $150 for annual club/range membership, and gas to get out there once in a while, but I'm done buying any new toys, at least for a while. The funny thing is, it's been a lot easier to stick to this commitment than I thought it would be.

As to $8 coffees, I have wondered about that myself. I see the lines wrapped around the block and scratch my head. A good friend was helping me on my house a few weeks ago, and mentioned that he'd like an iced coffee. He was a great help so I offered to buy. I did a double take when it came to $10, for one drink! :eek: I also wonder about the $80k cars and trucks driving down the road. To each their own and all that. We all live different lives and have different financial means. If my wife didn't have her health issues, had continued her career, or if we didn't have kids, we'd have money coming out our ears. But things are what they are, and we're OK with that. All in all life is good.

So no, I won't be buying any more ammo, even if it was cheap. That should leave more for the rest of you all. :)

Rumor has that by December government ammo contracts will cause an ammo shortage.
It may well do just that. What always happens is not that there is not enough of the stuff being made. It's that panic feeds on itself. As the shelves start to get bare more and more people start to run around and buy everything they can get their hands on. It spreads VERY fast. Most should remember the great TP shortage. That was all panic buying.

The "getting was never good" prices were starting to come down and things were available but they were all still obscenely high compared to Trump prices. I was never able to really justify stocking up.

I'll regret it if things go sky high again, but at the same time shooting just isn't worth it to me at .50/rd for 5.56.

It may well do just that. What always happens is not that there is not enough of the stuff being made. It's that panic feeds on itself. As the shelves start to get bare more and more people start to run around and buy everything they can get their hands on. It spreads VERY fast. Most should remember the great TP shortage. That was all panic buying.
Rumor had that orders made in October would be honored but big government contracts come first after Oct. We have seen it before when obummer got elected so I suspect this administration will carry on the policy.

Primers will be the problem again as last time, plenty of bullets on the shelves.

Powder may get harder to get as there isn't a lot of companies making powder.

I've been "stocked up" at some level since 1965. I didn't always have as much as I'd like to have. But I never got down to zero. I'm a lot better stocked up now than in 1965.

Rumor had that orders made in October would be honored but big government contracts come first after Oct. We have seen it before when obummer got elected so I suspect this administration will carry on the policy.

Primers will be the problem again as last time, plenty of bullets on the shelves.

Powder may get harder to get as there isn't a lot of companies making powder.
It follows the same pattern every time. First components, then ammo, the first ammo to go is of course the most used and common. When its over it works in reverse. First thing to start to come back is ammo in the most common highest used calibers, and along it goes. Last one was the worst one I had ever seen as is evidenced by the way some ammo is still harder to find as are some components. I have to "hope" this means maybe this last one woke a few more people up? They are getting as soon as they could get. Who knows but looks like we will get to see the ant and the grasshopper play out all over again. This may be another perfect storm come election time. If enough shooters and those who should know better allow the same people to win another term? That alone will set off another panic all on its own. :s0092:

The "getting was never good" prices were starting to come down and things were available but they were all still obscenely high compared to Trump prices. I was never able to really justify stocking up.

I'll regret it if things go sky high again, but at the same time shooting just isn't worth it to me at .50/rd for 5.56.
Look around at EVERYTHING. The "Trump prices" are long gone. The printing tons of cash to give away has come home to roost now. Anyone who was not pretending nothing was wrong knew full well this would happen. Once again people doing the same things that failed over and over and expecting a different result. Print play money and dump it into the system and you get inflation. :(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top