JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am a bit shocked. I just received my CHL in the mail YESTERDAY!!! Talk about quick! I only applied on my appt. date on 10-28-2016 (as I mentioned in my earlier post). So if you don't count the non-mailing days of the weekend, I got my CHL in five business days (and in one week if you count the weekend)! WooHoo!

So, I am a bit shocked. I just received my CHL in the mail YESTERDAY!!! Talk about quick! I only applied on my appt. date on 10-28-2016 (as I mentioned in my earlier post). So if you don't count the non-mailing days of the weekend, I got my CHL in five business days (and in one week if you count the weekend)! WooHoo!

Hey, I got mine on Friday. Linn county pushed it through in a week. How awesome is that.

How was it, at the Sherrif's? Did you have to wait long? Was it quick and organized?

The appointment was nothing. There were one or two other people at the appointment time, but I was first. Probably took all of 15 minutes max. They verified that I had taken the safety class, confirmed my info, took payment, prints and a photo and I was on my way.

Last Edited:
Columbia County-Had my appointment 4 weeks and 2 days ago. They said 3-4 week wait. I just went to check on the status and they said another 2-3weeks. They currently have over 300 applications to process.

Washington County. 2 weeks to receive appointment date. Walked out with it in about 30 minutes. I've held permits in other states and they were all fairly timely.

Tillamook County.
When I dropped off my renewal I was told about three weeks.
At the three week mark I called and they are now saying four to five weeks.

It showed up in the mail Wednesday, that makes it 3 1/2 weeks.

Last Edited:
Benton County. Called in to schedule an appointment on 10/20/16. Application submitted on 11/02/16. Called in on the 16th to check the status of my application (the wait is excruciating). Apparently Benton County only has one employee working on the applications (very nice lady btw), was told she was still working on applications from 10/10/2016 and I will probably have to wait another 4-6 weeks.

f29.png

Multnomah county
Went in and handed in app in early December (5th or 6th?) took two weeks to hear about my app (never got an email like they said had to call in and Inquire) app is on Feb 17th. I'll update when I get the physical license. On the one hand at least they were more than helpful and nice at the Sherrifs dept. They even let me know it may take awhile because they have been swamped with chl apps due to population increase.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top