JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I drive and have no passengers my passenger seat gets pushed all the way up to the dash. Making it very difficult for someone to jump in. Doors stay locked at all times. Windows up with the possibility of a minor crack at the top.

Sadly humanity has me to the point I don't stop for anyone. Plenty of traps set up. If something stands out to me my cover garment is cleared and seatbelt immediately comes off.

America is deteriorating rapidly and it's on us to protect ourselves and the ones we love.
Yes, the country is going downhill fast. A lot of us are pretty worried about it, but then a lot of other folks seem completely oblivious. Or just plain wrong-headed. We have friends in Monmouth who still go out to a busy intersection and wave 'black lives matter' signs. Very odd, but I guess they think they're doing some good.

On a lighter note - I had an interesting 'lack of situational awareness' experience years ago, in a 7-11 in Napa California.

I was probably in my late twenties. When I walked into the store, there were two women talking and laughing with each other. I went about my business, but at some point one of these gals walks up, grabs me, and kisses me - hard - on the mouth. Then turns and walks away, laughing.

I think she must have accepted a dare from her friend to kiss the next man who walked in. They both had a good laugh while they were leaving, and I had a fun little surprise. Sure wasn't expecting anything like that to happen.

When I drive and have no passengers my passenger seat gets pushed all the way up to the dash. Making it very difficult for someone to jump in. Doors stay locked at all times. Windows up with the possibility of a minor crack at the top.

Sadly humanity has me to the point I don't stop for anyone. Plenty of traps set up. If something stands out to me my cover garment is cleared and seatbelt immediately comes off.

America is deteriorating rapidly and it's on us to protect ourselves and the ones we love.
Wife noticed LONG ago that when we go anywhere the first thing I do is hit the door lock switch. It has sadly become too "common" to read of some scum who walks up and yanks the door open. One of Wife's sisters had some scum try this on her middle of the day a short time ago. She had just left the hospital and at a red light some scum walks up and tries to open passenger door. She ran the light. Her vehicle doors lock as soon as you start to drive so door was locked or he would have been in the car with her before she knew what happened. Watched a video last week where LEO's are chasing some scum who jumped out of the stolen car, jumped into another car, sat on the guys lap and was trying to floor the gas while hitting him. He managed to fight her off and when LEO's jump on her she of course starts screaming. Watching the video at work I told the guy showing it to me, if that was me she would have been laying there bleeding out.

Yes, the country is going downhill fast. A lot of us are pretty worried about it, but then a lot of other folks seem completely oblivious. Or just plain wrong-headed. We have friends in Monmouth who still go out to a busy intersection and wave 'black lives matter' signs. Very odd, but I guess they think they're doing some good.

On a lighter note - I had an interesting 'lack of situational awareness' experience years ago, in a 7-11 in Napa California.

I was probably in my late twenties. When I walked into the store, there were two women talking and laughing with each other. I went about my business, but at some point one of these gals walks up, grabs me, and kisses me - hard - on the mouth. Then turns and walks away, laughing.

I think she must have accepted a dare from her friend to kiss the next man who walked in. They both had a good laugh while they were leaving, and I had a fun little surprise. Sure wasn't expecting anything like that to happen.
That time it was a laugh for them but, dangerous little game to play.

This is friggin scary, I awoke from a dream this morning about me not concealing my EDC very well in an office environment and getting lead to the door by security. :eek::eek::eek:

Freaky Friday!!!
Couple weeks ago one family member was in a Hospice place that of course has the "NO FIREARMS" on the door. As I was signing in gal at counter suddenly asks me "Are you carrying a gun!?" I had to resist reaching to see if it was showing as I of course said no and she signed me it. As soon as I was out of sight in the room with Wife I was looking to see if it was somehow showing and it was not. Still not sure what made the counter gal ask me that but it did almost catch me off guard. :D

Couple weeks ago one family member was in a Hospice place that of course has the "NO FIREARMS" on the door. As I was signing in gal at counter suddenly asks me "Are you carrying a gun!?" I had to resist reaching to see if it was showing as I of course said no and she signed me it. As soon as I was out of sight in the room with Wife I was looking to see if it was somehow showing and it was not. Still not sure what made the counter gal ask me that but it did almost catch me off guard. :D
I know right. You forgot to take off your Trump2024 hat. :s0140:
I am ardent about being comfortably concealed but don't really have to pat myself down either. Lol

Last Edited:
I don't believe I've ever seen Hickok45 demonstrate a SOB holster!
Have any of you?
Gabby
And out of left field….

I don't source my info from YouTubers. I also don't watch hickok45. So I couldn't tell you.

We are checking out new churches, and the kids area is a "security" person. I haven't spotted the carry, it was cold out, but I'm confident he was carrying. Spotted two other dudes that stood up and the first thing they did was adjust their shirt tails. I didn't spot the carry, but only dudes carrying do that. Well, and hipsters.

We are checking out new churches, and the kids area is a "security" person. I haven't spotted the carry, it was cold out, but I'm confident he was carrying. Spotted two other dudes that stood up and the first thing they did was adjust their shirt tails. I didn't spot the carry, but only dudes carrying do that. Well, and hipsters.
Ah yes. The tell tale signs of CCW. Pulling down shirts. Adjusting belt lines. Constant checking/touch. Grabbing waistband while running/moving quickly. Bending at the knees vs the waist. Of course printing.

The great thing is the only people who observe these actions are those that also carry. Everyone else is oblivious/stupid to it.

When I drive and have no passengers my passenger seat gets pushed all the way up to the dash. Making it very difficult for someone to jump in. Doors stay locked at all times. Windows up with the possibility of a minor crack at the top. . . . .America is deteriorating rapidly and it's on us to protect ourselves and the ones we love.
That reminded me of something I hadn't thought about in decades, the 1970 incident that prompted me to buy my first handgun.

It didn't happen to me, actually. I was just stopped about three cars back at a red light in downtown Tucson when two teenage boys dashed from the sidewalk to the passenger side of the sedan directly in front of me. The teens began yanking at the door handles (apparently locked), but suddenly leaped away and beat feet for cover. I refocused on the car ahead in time to see the driver - a gray-haired little old lady - with her right arm extended across the seat back, waving a shiny semi-auto pistol in the general direction of the escaping teens.

My immediate reaction to that scene was, "OS" followed a second later by, "I need to get me one of those things."

A week later, I did "get me one". Sort of. My early-married budget only stretched enough for an Arminius 22LR/22 mag revolver.

That reminded me of something I hadn't thought about in decades, the 1970 incident that prompted me to buy my first handgun.

It didn't happen to me, actually. I was just stopped about three cars back at a red light in downtown Tucson when two teenage boys dashed from the sidewalk to the passenger side of the sedan directly in front of me. The teens began yanking at the door handles (apparently locked), but suddenly leaped away and beat feet for cover. I refocused on the car ahead in time to see the driver - a gray-haired little old lady - with her right arm extended across the seat back, waving a shiny semi-auto pistol in the general direction of the escaping teens.

My immediate reaction to that scene was, "OS" followed a second later by, "I need to get me one of those things."

A week later, I did "get me one". Sort of. My early-married budget only stretched enough for an Arminius 22LR/22 mag revolver.
Any gun beats no gun hands down.

I have said for a LONG time the one thing that will happen if they ever really make guns hard to get is LEO's will become targets. Any brain dead scum can easily just walk up and kill an LEO to take their gun.
Already happens in countries where police are armed and civilians cant purchase legally.

Last Edited:
What was your outfit?

What was your outfit?
My normal attire. Jeans and a T-shirt. Wear a vest to hide the waistband . I wear suspenders that are heavy webbing she would have seen. I kind of wonder if that's what she was looking at that set her off. The one gun was IWB and behind my hip so no way she could see it with me facing her like that. So only thing I can think of is the suspenders. Use the heavy duty ones made by Dickies so its nylon web straps.

Sadly the same thing can be said for a lot of the LEO I see on a regular basis.

Complacency, lack of knowledge/training, and a disregard of the significance of carrying a firearm will get you killed.

Just cause you can doesn't mean you should. But we live in America. So we are all free to do what we want.
The cops I know have retention holsters which make it a lot less easy for someone else to grab and run.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top