JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally got my CHL a couple of weeks ago. I carry IWB at the 12 or 1 o'clock position, I carry a Glock 45, I noticed with basic t-shirts I would occasionally print if I were to lean forward then stand straight up. the shirt would get stuck on the grip. I went out and bought a size up in t-shirts and got a couple of button-down shirts that provided more concealment. any tips on clothing for carrying during the summer time? I think button-down shirts are the way to go.
Tuck the shirt in under the tip of the belt clip and 99% of printing issues will be gone. If you find the handle pointing out too far you can get blckpoint holster with strut which forces the handle in against your body. I use one for p365 and works well fwiw. Probably other brands also that do the same thing I would guess.
18863FEB-7D9B-4D38-9AFD-736F61BDF4FD.jpeg

Tuck the shirt in under the tip of the belt clip and 99% of printing issues will be gone. If you find the handle pointing out too far you can get blckpoint holster with strut which forces the handle in against your body. I use one for p365 and works well fwiw. Probably other brands also that do the same thing I would guess.
View attachment 1459708
That's why I like Tenicor as well. They give you (3) different height cam bars. Depending on your body, placement, and gun size you can swap them out to push the grip of the pistol into your body.

And we all know the belt you wear plays a huge role as well. Not so much with the micro/subcompacts but with a full size gun like what he's carrying the holster, clips, and belt are key.

I have been trying out a waste strap, never used one. But for using warm weather and shorts.
I find there is very little print if ever. I actually of all places bought it on Temu. But it has a 3inch wide belt
and a long velcro that makes it very secure. And has a secure handle strap so wont fall out.
Drawing would be slow. But at least I can carry down by the river and such.

I have not noticed anyone seeing it.
Disclaimer: It may also be my white legs, blinding the viewer from seeing my CC. o_O

Just the combo of the full frame and compact slide is a joy to shoot. Atleast for me personally. I don't care about printing at all so I'm not super concerned with grip length (hence the reason I have a +2 base plate on both mags). The average American is dumb/oblivious to their surroundings.

The G45 with a comp making it the same length as a G17 is my favorite combo. I just don't carry mine on the rare chance it gets removed from me. That why I carry my chopped up POS G17 that I paid $200 bucks for. No love lost. Haha.
Having any gun in the world taken from you, in the grand scheme of things, is such a non-issue it boggles the mind. You talk of it as if it's a genius get out of jail card when in reality it's the difference of a few hundred dollars were the unthinkable to happen.. all the while carrying some bog gun just in case.

Having any gun in the world taken from you, in the grand scheme of things, is such a non-issue it boggles the mind. You talk of it as if it's a genius get out of jail card when in reality it's the difference of a few hundred dollars were the unthinkable to happen.. all the while carrying some bog gun just in case.
To each their own. If I'm forced to use it I know it's going into an evidence locker somewhere. So I'd rather it be a gun that I trust 100% but have no emotional/sentimental/financial connection to.

Carry what you like. Spend your money how you like. I simply don't care.

To each their own. If I'm forced to use it I know it's going into an evidence locker somewhere. So I'd rather it be a gun that I trust 100% but have no emotional/sentimental/financial connection to.

Carry what you like. Spend your money how you like. I simply don't care.
It seems you do care to an irrational degree.. me, not at all.

It seems you do care to an irrational degree.. me, not at all.
I care so, so, so much about what you have in your pants….. you probably carry a staccato. YAY!

You initiated this conversation. Not me. So I too could say you care to an irrational degree.

For summer, button front, un-tucked type shirt.
Patterns, like plaid conceal better than solid colors.
This, patterns help conceal printing. Ive carried my PCR in a fitted button down that is covered in floral patterns, you could have traced the outline of my gun if the shirt was solid color but due to the patterning it made it hard to even tell it was there. Also helps to not look like someone who is carrying a gun, dont fall for the grey man 5.11 bullsh1t thats just for people who are too autistic to know how to fit in with a crowd. Seriously though how you present yourself helps a lot. Try to adjust more so how you carry to fit your normal wear vs adjusting your normal wear for carrying. Also dont shy away from dropping $100 or more for a quality holster that fits your needs

I spend over $250+ on belt and holster combo. Add my $200 dollar glock + $300 dollar weapon light + $230 dollar barrel and comp + $50 dollar sights + $45 dollar slide lock = $1,075.

Can I be apart of the club now or do I need to add the cost of ammo too? I can bump my numbers up. Just give me a chance. Please!

IMG_2938.jpeg

Finally got my CHL a couple of weeks ago. I carry IWB at the 12 or 1 o'clock position, I carry a Glock 45, I noticed with basic t-shirts I would occasionally print if I were to lean forward then stand straight up. the shirt would get stuck on the grip. I went out and bought a size up in t-shirts and got a couple of button-down shirts that provided more concealment. any tips on clothing for carrying during the summer time? I think button-down shirts are the way to go.
I'm at a similar place on my journey. My advice is….wear ANYTHING you train and draw fastest in… train as often as possible, in as regular wear as possible. Clothing rarely trumps adverse conditions. So knowing what works for you and what doesn't, is best!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top