JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update:
Multnomah County
Mailed in the application on 9/17 and got an email on 9/21 for a 10/5 appointment.
*Received license in the mail today. 10/19

+1 for clackamas county, was a very smooth process... did the application on line. Scheduled the fingerprinting appointment a couple weeks out. Arrived for fingerprints and a lovely photo of myself. Walked out with CHL in hand. :)

Heard someone I know today called Lane county sheriff and has an appointment tomorrow !!! Pisses me off I waited 2 months
I lucked out like this in Eugene. I called on Fri 12/18, and got an appt for April 29. Just for giggles I called on the next Mon, and asked if by chance someone canceled any appointments. She said yes, there was one cancelled for tomorrow, and if I wanted it. So I got to do my application on Tuesday, 12/23 and with the holidays and all, I got my card in the mail last monday. Less than 2 weeks. :)

First CHL - ever
Marion County
Scheduled appointment online 6/13/2016
Apointment 6/22/2016
Received CHL in the Mail today 7/30/2016

0BE362E8-8A8A-487F-B87C-52805C0D0C76_zpsprnvt9t7.jpg

Im in Clackamas County, both my wife and I renewed online, paid with Visa, and had our new licenses in about a week.
My first license was about 8 or 9 years ago and it was a pain, had to go down and fill out the paperwork then wait for them to call you to make an appointment for the finger prints and pictures. It took several weeks and two trips. Now it's really streamlined.

Lane county (Eugene) appointment system in place here now. Called in June 2, was given an appointment date of July 26, went in had my fingerprints done, photo taken and paid 65$, received my CHL on Sept 14
Polk County. No appointment. Walk in, get printed and photo taken. Turn in app. About 14 days later it was in my mailbox.

Hey look at that! Marion County gives you dried chilies and Coke with your CHL! Sweet!

View attachment 306954
I'm in Polk County and I went in today to renew. I had let it lapse and was expecting a lot of crap from the office, but all that was different was I had to list two personal references. The lady who took my info was a sweetheart, all smiles and helpful attitude. I expect it in the mail in two weeks according to her. She reminded me not to carry until I have the card.

I'm in Polk County and I went in today to renew. I had let it lapse and was expecting a lot of crap from the office, but all that was different was I had to list two personal references. The lady who took my info was a sweetheart, all smiles and helpful attitude. I expect it in the mail in two weeks according to her. She reminded me not to carry until I have the card.

My experience with Multnomah County Sheriff folk was very pleasant. "Public Servants" to be sure!

For folks wanting there Utah. Just got home now & mine was in my mailbox.

...Utah doesn't give Coke or Chiles, they give cheese. :)

My application was submitted by the folks who ran the OR/Utah combined class I took on about June 11th.

94E6AC01-8386-4F19-B078-0EBBB9AC8ABD_zps9ikaixh6.jpg

Last Edited:
Deschutes County is all done online, print off the application, schedule an app on the sheriff's website and wait. I started the process on 6/1/2016 and the earliest available app was Oct 19.
Checked every day and finally on 6/12/2016 several spots opened up at the end of the month and a few in July. I had my photo and fingerprints done 6/22/2016 and got my card in the mail on the 28th.
When I was at my app I asked why they were booked out so long and was told that after the Muslim terrorist attack in San Bernadino, applications increased by 500%. They just arent able to keep pace with the applications. That is rather encouraging......:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top