JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Out of curiosity, why that one? The slide is the easy part to conceal.
I like the way it fit in my hands unlike the 19. Yes i could've gotten the 19 and added an extension onto it but didn't see the need in doing so since it would have been relatively the same length of grip i have now. Plus it's a new model

RE: guns being held for evidence debate.... whats the consensus on getting it back in a righteous shoot? Arent they supposed to give you your gun back in a righteous shoot?

and more on topic...
Scout 3.0 galco holster
assuming IWB, Gah... get a better holster. There was a day when Galco had some of the better options, they made a name for themselves then... but I haven't seen anything since thats kept up. Get something Kydex with a claw thing and dual belt hooks. Lately Ive been impressed with knightfallcustoms.com

RE: guns being held for evidence debate.... whats the consensus on getting it back in a righteous shoot? Arent they supposed to give you your gun back in a righteous shoot?

and more on topic...

assuming IWB, Gah... get a better holster. There was a day when Galco had some of the better options, they made a name for themselves then... but I haven't seen anything since thats kept up. Get something Kydex with a claw thing and dual belt hooks. Lately Ive been impressed with knightfallcustoms.com
Yes but some feel the pain of being deprived of their binky for an indeterminate amount of time would be unbearable.. and the bad man might get smudges or lint on it.

Yes but some feel the pain of being deprived of their binky for an indeterminate amount of time would be unbearable.. and the bad man might get smudges or lint on it.
The person you're referring to is me.

You've obviously never seen the inside of an armory or evidence locker. It can be a bit more than a smudge.

I appreciate the passive aggressive comments though. It's cute.

The person you're referring to is me.

You've obviously never seen the inside of an armory or evidence locker. It can be a bit more than a smudge.

I appreciate the passive aggressive comments though. It's cute.
Yea, I'm not a nervous nellie that worries about stuff that doesn't matter.

Just for the record, I'm of the "stock, readily available" firearm for carry. Something I won't shed a tear as it rusts away on an evidence room shelf should I ever need to use it to defend myself.

But that's just me. No sense in having a $3k Lea Baer rusting away as evidence when a Rock Island can do the same job and cause no tears…

Yea, I'm not a nervous nellie that worries about stuff that doesn't matter.
I guess my precautions/pre-planning (you call it nervousness) shouldn't concern you then huh? But for whatever reason why I do what I do has you all flustered. Funny.

I live in the liberal/SHlThole Portland area. So I apologize if I don't have a ton of faith in the justice/legal system here if I were to end up using a firearm. I have the mentality of never seeing that firearm again.

But like I've said that's just me and how I conduct myself in what I carry.

I guess my precautions/pre-planning (you call it nervousness) shouldn't concern you then huh? But for whatever reason why I do what I do has you all flustered. Funny.

I live in the liberal/SHlThole Portland area. So I apologize if I don't have a ton of faith in the justice/legal system here if I were to end up using a firearm. I have the mentality of never seeing that firearm again.

But like I've said that's just me and how I conduct myself in what I carry.
I liken it to the same mindset as someone only carrying a gun when and if they think they're going into a "bad area" or something. I scoff and laugh at such people.

I liken it to the same mindset as someone only carrying a gun when and if they think they're going into a "bad area" or something. I scoff and laugh at such people.
Well that we share that in common. Cause I laugh at those people as well.

Last Edited:
Yes , please wear clothing while carrying concealed , otherwise it makes it more difficult to have things concealed... :eek: :D

Just echoing the thoughts on a good belt and holster...up size on shirts , plaids or patterns work well....

As far as firearms being held during an investigation ....
I think that would depend...
As in depend on the law enforcement policy in the area ...
The attitude of the law enforcement...
Your own demeanor...
The appearances of the shoot or other defensive gun use...

While I haven't had to shoot in either of my civilian life defensive gun use...
The second time of doing so...one of the responding officers wanted to take my rifle ...
He was talked out of this notion , by the other responding officer.
Andy

Some carry their best, some save their best to fall back on. Lots ways to do things and no reason to criticize anyone for doing it different than you.

What about after the case or trial is ruled justified?

Can the state keep personal property without reason?
Not normally. But it can be a headache getting property back. And don't be surprised if optics/aftermarket items are missing or the item you had taken has been poorly handled.

And in liberal Oregon I don't think they are going to prioritize getting a firearm back to a citizen.

It can be a lot of red tape depending on the scenario and other elements involved in the shooting.

Not normally. But it can be a headache getting property back. And don't be surprised if optics/aftermarket items are missing or the item you had taken has been poorly handled.

And in liberal Oregon I don't think they are going to prioritize getting a firearm back to a citizen.

It can be a lot of red tape depending on the scenario and other elements involved in the shooting.
Years ago a buddy had his AR stolen from him while having a party, the thief got caught J walking with it less than 20 minutes later. Buddy hadnt even noticed it missing by the time the thief was caught. Still took over a year after the case had finalized for the state to give it back

I think Summertime, T-shirt and shorts weather, is the hardest to stay completely concealed, especially when carrying outside or inside the belt. I carry a Ruger LCP as my pocket pistol with shorts with extra pockets. If wearing a light pair of shorts, then I switch to a fanny pack or chest pack as I would riding my bike or going to the gym.

Years ago a buddy had his AR stolen from him while having a party, the thief got caught J walking with it less than 20 minutes later. Buddy hadnt even noticed it missing by the time the thief was caught. Still took over a year after the case had finalized for the state to give it back
Yup. Talk about a pain in the a$$. Which is why I choose to carry something I have zero connection too…. other than my name.

I think Summertime, T-shirt and shorts weather, is the hardest to stay completely concealed, especially when carrying outside or inside the belt. I carry a Ruger LCP as my pocket pistol with shorts with extra pockets. If wearing a light pair of shorts, then I switch to a fanny pack or chest pack as I would riding my bike or going to the gym.
I carry a full size OWB with a t-shirt and shorts.

I carry a full size OWB with a t-shirt and shorts.
Screenshot_20230729_171646.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top