JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Benton County: About a week to get the appointment since they open only Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3 hrs. each day. Entire appointment took about 15 mins. and was extremely pleasant. I'll post again when I get the CHL in hand.

Went in polk same day, still waiting, told me up to 45 days like web sight but, 2-3 weeks been average I've seen.

went over the 45 day mark, took 53 days for Polk county, called the sheriffs office last Friday and was told there processing time was at the 45 day mark due to the higher volume of people applying. they were able to tell me where it was in processing, came the following Monday.

Polk was a good experience just took time,

Just got back from my appointment with Multnomah co.

They did the whole ID,Picture,Fingerprint deal. They even saw me a half an hour early (Im always early)

My gripe... They said FOUR WEEKS for a background and a license to be mailed to me... Im very annoyed. If it takes actually 4 weeks, This process in total would have been about 3 to almost 4 months... So much for constitutional right and their 45 shall issue law... I hate this county. Thanks Portland dems...

Linn county (Linn sheriff is best sheriff). Application, prints, picture took a short amount of time. Got my permit 3 weeks after I believe.

Edited: I did wait and took my class at ofa.:s0115:best place to go. Was sorry to hear they shut down.

Last Edited:
Zachary - I did the CCW class on line. Very easy and didn't take long.

Zachary, they definitely accept the online course. Once completed, you print out a certificate that you submit with your paperwork.

(Oops, I called it a CCW. That's what they called it in California. Here it's CHL. I'll have to get used to that.)

Update: I was quoted 4 to 6 weeks and it's been almost 6. Aaargh!

And, of course, the day after I posted this, it arrived in the mail. Just about 6 weeks. Long wait but worth it.

They told me 4 weeks in multnomah, this friday will be 4 weeks. Out of curiosity I just called to check the process and the lady said They were just starting on it and MAYBE sometime next week. My next move for a home purchase will be FAR away from multnomah county...

Clatsop county. Showed up during their scheduled times(posted online), only one other person was waiting. Took maybe 20 minutes to process, photo, prints, and pay. Took approximately 3 weeks to receive my approval license in the mail.

Man that is a total bummer. I wasn't really expecting it to be so quick. Was thinking it would be somewhere near the length I waited for my Utah.

Yeah when I handed in my app they said once I had the appointment it would be two weeks. then AT my appt they said four weeks. Called today and apparently they need another week MAYBE longer...

But grats on the license !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top