JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally got my CHL a couple of weeks ago. I carry IWB at the 12 or 1 o'clock position, I carry a Glock 45, I noticed with basic t-shirts I would occasionally print if I were to lean forward then stand straight up. the shirt would get stuck on the grip. I went out and bought a size up in t-shirts and got a couple of button-down shirts that provided more concealment. any tips on clothing for carrying during the summer time? I think button-down shirts are the way to go.

People don't notice printing, at least MOST people. I stopped worrying about it a long time ago. I carry a G45 as well.

Or.......

:D

Finally got my CHL a couple of weeks ago. I carry IWB at the 12 or 1 o'clock position, I carry a Glock 45, I noticed with basic t-shirts I would occasionally print if I were to lean forward then stand straight up. the shirt would get stuck on the grip. I went out and bought a size up in t-shirts and got a couple of button-down shirts that provided more concealment. any tips on clothing for carrying during the summer time? I think button-down shirts are the way to go.
Horned helmet and a pelt for me...

A good holster makes AT LEAST as much impact as your clothing. OP didn't say what kind of holster but that could be an issue as well….

I carry a Beretta 92 compact OWB, and I just go up on a shirt size. I'm down in southern Oregon and have walked by numerous cops and they've never noticed.

It really depends on where you are. In Portland, I carry IWB as discreet as possible.

Last Edited:
Are you carrying small of back? How are you printing AIWB?

Looks like the Scout 3.0 isn't exactly intented for 12-1:00 positions:

Scout_3-V3_b.jpeg

I would try some other AIWB-specific holsters.

Also, read up on ORS 166, and look into when you can use lethal force. Look at recent uses of lethal force in the news. Keep your head on a swivel and pay attention to your surrounding. When you're carrying, you should be the nicest SOB.

Also, read up on ORS 166, and look into when you can use lethal force. Look at recent uses of lethal force in the news. Keep your head on a swivel and pay attention to your surrounding. When you're carrying, you should be the nicest SOB.
The absolute LAST thing you ever want to have to do is skin that smokewagon. All other options MUST be exhausted.

The best option, don't be there. Also, consider the legal ramifications of if you do use lethal force.
Really, as a CC holder and EDC a firearm one should not only be the nicest SOB but also the most humble with the least amount of ego.

Be prepared and REALLY PERSONALLY GOOD with losing arguments, deescalation and walking away. Because that is hopefully the ONLY choice that's ever made.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top