JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice little stand. Did you buy that or make it?

I made 3 that style and some smaller round steel targets to hang as well. I got tired of setting up targets , and started making my own 20 years ago or so. I'm a welder, metal fabrication worker by trade so it's pretty easy. I was going to sell them but with liability issues I figured it probably wasn't worth it.

MKWERX..."Damn dude, my wife has a couple inches on ya! Theres advantages to being short. You can find pants way easier. You're closer to the ground if ya drop something. Lower center of gravity. Walk between the legs of sasquatchien folks. Shave real close and eat free at the buffets where kids eat free" :D

You forgot why they gave me the B.A.R. :rolleyes:
Smaller target...:p

You obviously need more than 45 00 buckshot hits too..

Portland police mistakenly fire live rounds from a less-lethal shotgun, wounding a suspect

or just hit them once where it counts

Not only was he not competent enough to load it he fired at the guy 5 times and hit him with 5 pellets?
You obviously need more than 45 00 buckshot hits too..

Portland police mistakenly fire live rounds from a less-lethal shotgun, wounding a suspect

or just hit them once where it counts

He loaded the wrong ammo, then fired 5 times to hit him with 5 pellets? Sounds like someone needs some training.

I was fortunate in my LE career to be forensic trained. In that time I attended many autopsies, and was able to assist with many.

What started my ballistic research...One time I was waiting for a victim of case I was working on to be done, but there was a gunshot victim from another agency before me.
I was allowed to watch, photograph and have them slow down to examine the entrance, bullet path etc. Once that was over, I asked if at any time they had a gunshot victim to call me and as I wanted to do my own research on the subject. I was also fortunate to be able to do the same in Oregon at their lab near 82nd in the Portland area. Since Oregon, at the time only had two labs for the whole state, most everything got shipped to Portland. Overall I was able to attend and document 42 shooting victims in span of almost 5 years. Examine bullet entrance and exit, if there was one. Bullet path, damage, and projectile diameter, weight and make, model ID.

What I learned, I never found in any book on the subject. I have read most every book out there about ballistics, even the famed Stopping Power book by Marshall & Sanow, which I thought was lacking.

What I learned;

Pistols don't produce enough power to effectively have consistent bullet performance. aka pistol bullet performance sucks.

Folks don't realize the differences in each human that can affect bullet performance. Things such as age, medications, drug use, smoker, weight, muscle density etc., all have affects on skin, organ and bone density...which affects bullet performance. Even race, culture and place of residence around the world have some bearing.

One can shoot 6 different people in the same place, with the same caliber and bullet and get 6 slightly different results. Why 6?, because I witnessed it myself through the autopsies.
Some bullets were hard to identify as to make and model, but others were readily identifiable. After a few victims where I was able to identify the bullet, I would receive a call now and then from a med examiner asking if I could make an ID for them.

A person can be shot through the heart, and sometimes totally destroy the heart and still live over 2 minutes. A lot of damage can be done in that amount of time.

9mm is what I found to be the absolute smallest pistol caliber to use/carry. And #4 or #6 birdshot is way more effective than 00 Buck.

9mm = .355"; 40 = .400"; 44 = .429" 45acp = .452"

Stay away from the gimmick bullets, and go with a solid constructed HP. What works in ballistic gelatin, wet newspapers, even dead animals, is not the same performance you'll see in human media.

Bonded bullets work well when going through media such as glass, boards etc., but lack performance when entering a human without going through the above first, won't get consistent reliable expansion.

Finally, shot placement is paramount...as seen in the video that started this thread. If a bullet doesn't go in the snot-locker, you'll be waiting for the person to faint. Yes, that is the medical term for someone who loses enough blood pressure...they will faint. More bullets holes, equals faster blood loss, which in turns lowers the blood pressure until the person faints. So the ultimate goal of such a confrontation is to have the threat faint really really fast...unless there's the snot-locker shot.

My study is in no way definitive, but each autopsy kept proving the above...and gave me information that I felt was not available to the public.

IF you have frickin' meathooks for hands. :p I don't.
Tried one and it was just enough bigger to not work with my stubby fingers... I usually have to stick to short GI-style triggers too.
Or I could just stick with what I know fits me and has served me well for almost my entire adult life without switching to a subcaliber Tupperware crunchenticker... :p

Did I mention that I'm also only 5'6"? I will seriously bet that I'm probably the shortest guy here...

9DD4875B-D14A-43C3-BC83-2D87BF825B22.jpeg

Bad guys cranked up on adrenalin or other chemicals can be extremely hard to kill. I have seen my fair share of combat results first hand, and things that should have dropped a skinny didn'! One guy took a full 15 round mag of 9 MM ball center mass, and didn't drop, another took half a 30 round mag of 5. M-855 Mozambique style, and didn't stop for a while, two of those rounds through the face! Nasty!!! I have seen 3 rounds of Buck to the face, and still no death, and even a .357 mag to the back of the head, dude gone in his car and drove 4 blocks! Humans are hard to kill! One thing my experience has taught me, a bullet that will remove large chunks of a skinny will stop the fight faster then hits to center mass, or one to the CPU in just the right spot will shut the lights off permently. But even then, you need a round that can take large chunks, or hits and expands violently enough to insure rapid system shut down!
Alexx1401, you really, really need a STI, or one of the Caspian frame builds, their the schiznit, 17+1 of 10 MM goodness!!!:D:D:D

You're not helping here dammit! :D:D;);)

If they make 30-round .45's, aren't 10 and .45 the same basic case just the former's necked down for the smaller bullet?
No sir, the 10mm is smaller diameter, and slightly longer then .45 ACP. A 9 round. 45 mag will just about fit a tenth round of 10mm. Also, the mags do not interchange, .40/10 MM mags have a pressed rib down each side to close up the clearances where a .45 is a strait wall mag body! Even though the mags will both fit a standard mag well, they don't interchange. Also, the breach face is unique to the .40/10 MM, 1 MM larger then 9mm, and about 1.4 MM smaller then .45 auto! :)

If they make 30-round .45's, aren't 10 and .45 the same basic case just the former's necked down for the smaller bullet?
The 10's are fortunately seeing quite a resurgence in popularity as of late. I am hoping this will lead them to want to start making some larger capacity 10mm mags. When I bought the ASR I have it originally came in .45. They sent one of the Korean made 26 round .45 mags with it. It worked "OK" but would rarely make it through an entire mag without a hang up. Using the factory 13 round mags the rifle never stopped so I gave that mag away. If KCI starts making a higher cap 10mm I suppose I would be tempted to try one or two but I have my doubts. The 9mm ASR I bought also came with one of these Korean mags. It also would not work in that rifle. Another guy I used to work with who was the first one I eve saw with one of these had the same results and gave me the mag that came with his. I tried them both in my Kel-Tec 9mm rifle and got the same results. Worked most of the time but not all the time so I gave them away. Not sure why it is that the after market can't seem to make one of the same quality as the OEM's. Some users say they work great in their guns so not sure if some of the mags are just better, or some guns just don't like them no matter what. I can live with the 15's if I have to. Just ordered up a few more today as these too are selling fast and my favorite place was now out of them. So figured I best get a few more now.

MKWERX..."Damn dude, my wife has a couple inches on ya! Theres advantages to being short. You can find pants way easier. You're closer to the ground if ya drop something. Lower center of gravity. Walk between the legs of sasquatchien folks. Shave real close and eat free at the buffets where kids eat free" :D

You forgot why they gave me the B.A.R. :rolleyes:
Smaller target...:p

Not so good in crowded elevator. Just saying. :(

Damn dude, my wife has a couple inches on ya!
So does my girlfriend...

You can find pants way easier.
Not when you only have a 29" inseam... doubly so with a 40" waist.

Shave real close and eat free at the buffets where kids eat free :D
IF you can find one that actually has so-called "food" worth eating... and it don't work so hot when you got Midlife Male Pattern Baldness.

Last Edited:
Wow, that was some serious video.

Did anyone ever find out how many of the initial shots were on target? He hit at least once, but damn scary that the bad guy didn't go down. Also wonder if he was "on" something or just didn't want to go down.

Glad that officer was on the ball, would have been terrible to see him get shot by the bad guy if he hesitated for more than a second.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top