JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a classic rock guy for sure, but I don't have all of the groups memorized.
Grace was on one of those VH1 behind the music type shows. She said she has been offered millions, even hundreds of millions, of dollars to go back on the road. That would've been late 90s early 2000s.

She said "pass. I don't want my grandkids seeing Nanna run around like a jackals on stage in her 60s." Then poked a little fun at Mick Jagger for doing it. She stated she had her moment and preferred to let the younger generations have theirs.

A class act in my book. Plus these vocals are golden.

I don't think that having a legal right to carry, and telling someone to go do drugs elsewhere add up to use of deadly force. And had he escalated things to deadly levels, I can't see how I wouldn't have the right to defend myself.
it did once you pounded on his window with a gun in hand.

Innocence, imminence, proportionality, avoidance, reasonableness. You lacked 4 of those...

Heres a free book from a lawyer on the subject.

Color me silly, but I don't think it's going to go the way that he thinks it will in court.
Suspect he is hoping for the best deal they will offer him. At this point his lawyer has to be telling him he is going to do time, all they can do is try to limit it. He is going to have a good amount of time to reflect on what a poor choice he made since his life as he knew it is now over.

Grace was on one of those VH1 behind the music type shows. She said she has been offered millions, even hundreds of millions, of dollars to go back on the road. That would've been late 90s early 2000s.

She said "pass. I don't want my grandkids seeing Nanna run around like a jackals on stage in her 60s." Then poked a little fun at Mick Jagger for doing it. She stated she had her moment and preferred to let the younger generations have theirs.

A class act in my book. Plus these vocals are golden.
She was on one of those talk shows once and the guy asked her about that song White Rabbit. Saying sure sounded like drugs. She with a strait face looked at him and said "its a song about Alice in Wonder Land." It was classic.

Did you not read my original post? I did call the cops, and they never came to the scene.
I guess I need to say this over and over. I did not approach his van "gun drawn". I approached his van with my legal carry gun holstered, and once I was beside his van I drew my firearm in case he was armed. Not to be the aggressor, but to be prepared.
I'm not failing to see anything. I went there with the intent to tell him to move along, but prepared to defend myself if I had to. That doesn't mean if he flinched, or stepped out I was planning to shoot. It means had he drawn a weapon I was prepared to defend myself.
You and all those who'd call this being "the aggressor" are free to volunteer for my jury and convict me.
Keep it holstered tell you need to use it. Practice your draw from concealment.....I'd consider that brandishing a firearm

I approached his van...

once I was beside his van I drew my firearm...
Those two things you did wrong. YOU approached HIM. Which makes YOU the aggressor.
Then YOU drew your firearm. Which makes YOU the threat to HIM.
He would have every right to defend himself against you. You already removed your right to defend yourself against him, if he felt threatened and took defense.

I often park in parts of Salem to write something down or answer a email or make a phone call.....if someone approaches me with a firearm in their hand I would drive away as fast as possible. If I felt trapped I would have to defend myself by any means necessary, my tools in my pickup and person or my pickup itself

I don't think anybody said not to confront it armed. I believe it was more of a "don't confront it with your gun out". But most have too much to lose, ie their freedom to go around confronting every crackhead.
Working in Portland that would be a full time job. Haha.

Brandishing a firearm isn't my go to….. also remember people are always watching/recording. Act accordingly. That whole gun out to knock on a window story could have gone down the sh!tter quickly…..

My freedom is precious. And it's something I am going to throw away over a tweaker. Especially after Oregon voters made it legal. So technically the "user" was doing nothing wrong. The resident just didn't like it. Well….. you get what you vote for.

There are a lot of policies, laws, and ideologies in this country that I disagree with. I don't confront them with a gun, only if my life or the lives of the ones I love aren't in danger than a gun will never be produced. I won't do my family any good sitting in a jail cell.

Last Edited:
@mm93 you may wanna take a refresher course on your CHL as well as read up on deadly force and when it can be applied. Or just let that permit lapse and quit carrying.

You're doing our "community" zero favors.

Last Edited:
I just hope that if that ever happened you wont be on the jury.
Honestly, you'd be much luckier to have any one of us on your jury to decide on your unlawful shoot as opposed to those that are even less sympathetic to your situation.
You and all those who'd call this being "the aggressor" are free to volunteer for my jury and convict me.
I guess I just appreciate my freedom and money a bit more than you.

Those two things you did wrong. YOU approached HIM. Which makes YOU the aggressor.
Then YOU drew your firearm. Which makes YOU the threat to HIM.
He would have every right to defend himself against you. You already removed your right to defend yourself against him, if he felt threatened and took defense.
Not to mention any moron really doing this, (I doubt he really did) runs the risk of some Cop seeing him. Moving towards a vehicle gun in hand. Real Cop will then draw on the moron who if he is this stupid will not be paying attention to the rest of the world. When said Cop yells at him to drop the gun his first instinct well be to turn towards the command, gun still in hand. This will of course lead to Cop firing on him. If he lives he will of course be screaming about how he was cleaning up the neighborhood. They will repay him by charging him with a crime after he gets out of the hospital.

I have been voting since 1972. I have only been called for jury duty twice in my life. Both times were in the month of July. I was in the beer business and I was in charge of their event business for our sponsors. Company wrote a letter both times and I was released.Probably wouldn't want me now. I'm so grumpy that I'd probably vote to hang parking ticket scofflaws!!

Lots of Violent people out there. Used to work at a large grocery chain store a couple of years ago and witnessed a lot of thieves resisting arrest or resisting giving up items stolen. Many are violent and want to be beaten down so they can sue an assault case against the store or security firm. Many already have criminal records and don't care if they get arrested. Because Oregon views shoplifting as a petty crime, people arrested get released right away to do it again. I feel sorry for security guards because violent thieves always want to fight when confronted because they know that they are powerless to do anything except call the police. This is a just small part of the acts of violence in the streets of Portland,

Just an opinion but I think the high cost of living has a great deal to do with the crazy crap and the crime.

$90 a month for garbage pick up so a lot of people just can't afford the bill. Gasoline goes up and more gas thefts, cars go up and more cars are stolen, food goes up and shoplifting goes up.

The culture turns to crime when the cost of living goes up.
I take my own trash to dump . Truck load is $25 . no excuse for this kind of behavior

Coffin Butte charges a cheaper rate if it is in the back of your truck or car than bringing in the same weight if it is in the trailer. Took me a while to figure that out but now I know. As @oa98pistol512 states above, no excuse for that type of activity. Then they all scream because the gates are closed. Maybe a diagram of the correlation between illegal dumping and gate closures would help. Anyone want to help pull a load of tires out of the forest between Scio and Lyons on Saturday? There is more than the picture shows.
20231110_095053.jpg

Coffin Butte charges a cheaper rate if it is in the back of your truck or car than bringing in the same weight if it is in the trailer. Took me a while to figure that out but now I know. As @oa98pistol512 states above, no excuse for that type of activity. Then they all scream because the gates are closed. Maybe a diagram of the correlation between illegal dumping and gate closures would help. Anyone want to help pull a load of tires out of the forest between Scio and Lyons on Saturday? There is more than the picture shows.
View attachment 1767398
They are like Christmas trees. Always at the bottom of the hill!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top