JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some people actually steer their car towards the edge of a mountain.. until it's time to turn the wheel. This happens approximately one trillion times per day, worldwide.
This is just one example of an infinite array of like scenarios.

I have always worn my pistols on the hip or carried in a pocket holster and after a while I forget they are even there. I don't feel that the gun prints very much at all at the hip position but that is sort of clothing dependent, I think, and I don't find any problem drawing from a seated position or with the non dominant hand as some have mentioned. I would say whatever position you choose to carry, a good holster and trigger discipline is most important, as well as having one in the pipe.

So my question for the advocates of appendix carry is this: When you go to bend forward (as we all naturally bend at the waist) does the back of the slide/rear sights jab you in the abdomen? Unless you have something like a revolver with a recessed hammer that is very smooth on the back side, of course.

The AIWB carry has been around for about 50 years.

Introduced by Bruce Nelson in the late 60s early 70s for quick reaction during drug transactions etc., and he carried a full size 1911 cocked and locked in that position.

In fact he came up with the Summer Special, or the IWB holster design. Most IWB holster designs today are based off his original design.

Just another deception technique......

1688068489928.png

Aloha, Mark

I carried a Glock in a Blackhawk SERPA duty holster for six years. The rest of the members of the department also carried a Glock in a SERPA duty holster for the six years I worked for that particular department. There was about 22 of us. That's 132 combined years of Glock in a SERPA without anyone shooting themselves. Not a holster problem but a training issue and negligence on the part of the user. My two cents.

I knew a SWAT cop who shot himself in the leg drawing from a serpa holster carried at 3 o clock. The though of even putting a gun in a holster down there makes me cringe....
Well, if you draw incorrectly with a serpa, yes, you can shoot yourself.

If you draw with a serpa correctly, your odds of shooting yourself is the same as any other holster.

When people use the tip of their index finger to press the button while drawing, the finger naturally slides onto the trigger with the draw...

When you use the side of your index finger. When drawing, it transfers to rhe upper frame/slide of your firearm.

I refuse to put my carry in the front of my pants, I'm not willing to destroy my goods. Breaking a basic rule of firearms, don't point at anything your not willing to destroy...

Sodom and Gomorrah also deviated from natural reproduction. Look what happened there…. :eek:

Need to see if there's any decent caves to inhabit in this area…. Or maybe a nice reinforced concrete geo-dome….

:s0005:
In a couple years, when my brother buys some land and goes off grid, there are some geodesic dome kits I was looking at buying that use standard 2x4's and using them as molds for a reinforced concrete dome construction...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews