JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And I'll just be the guy that says it, I'm minute-of-bad guy accurate with a pistol. I don't shoot paper and measure my groups later. Frankly, the more rounds spread across a soft target the better. Why would you want one wound channel when you can make many? A pistol is a center mass tool to stop a direct threat.

And I'll just be the guy that says it, I'm minute-of-bad guy accurate with a pistol. I don't shoot paper and measure my groups later. Frankly, the more rounds spread across a soft target the better. Why would you want one wound channel when you can make many? A pistol is a center mass tool to stop a direct threat.

I have LONG said that and some times get some real mad. I have been shooting for longer than a lot of people here are alive and I still need sights. I have seen a few, very few, who could shoot real well without but they are rare. I have shot with a hell of a lot who talked it until you get to the range. Then they could not and that's paper that's not shooting back. When I see guys like this soak up rounds like that though it makes me glad I got a nice 10mm for my "house gun" now. With the ammo I use in it I get the same ballistics much of the .44 mag ammo does in a 4inch tube but in the little rifle its a dream to shoot. Some day I may need that stopping power. The other day when I was at the range another gray hair saw it and asked. I handed it to him to try and he put about 10 rounds in a cluster that could be covered with a half dollar. He started asking me all about where I got it, how much and such. TNW should send me a hat or coffee cup. I am pretty sure I drummed up some more business for them :)

Humans are actually pretty hard to kill... instantly. That's why you knee-cap them first. ;)

Only you would come up with something like that.:D:D:D Hell liberals are always crying about why can't Cops shoot to wound. Maybe they should teach that. Of course we would then have a lot of criminals walking with a cane for the rest of their life. Could be a good thing. Be hard for them to run next time. :)

Only you would come up with something like that.:D:D:D Hell liberals are always crying about why can't Cops shoot to wound. Maybe they should teach that. Of course we would then have a lot of criminals walking with a cane for the rest of their life. Could be a good thing. Be hard for them to run next time. :)
But then we get to pay for their medical costs...

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... that's NOT what I said.

Knee-cap FIRST.... implies there's still work to be done, and I didn't mean buy them a cane or 4-point walker. And yes, only I (apparently) have the cajones to say what others are (or should be) thinking but won't say it (for whatever reason).

;):D

A follow up. Accuracy and speed tend to not mix. Generally speaking. Yes, there are anomalies like Jerry Miculek that have both. But most of us are just regular human beings walking the earth trying to protect our lives, liberty and our families. If I can ring a 2/3 silhouette steel target 17/17 times quickly at 10 yards (and I can) , I consider that a win. If I can duck under cover, walk sideways while shooting and hitting, do mag changes and transition from pistol to rifle then hit steel at 50 yards effectively and quickly, I'm good with that. Regardless of group sizes.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... that's NOT what I said.

Knee-cap FIRST.... implies there's still work to be done, and I didn't mean buy them a cane or 4-point walker. And yes, only I (apparently) have the cajones to say what others are (or should be) thinking but won't say it (for whatever reason).

;):D

I don't think anyone ever would call you reserved or shy about sharing how you really feel guy :)

Humans are actually pretty hard to kill... instantly. That's why you knee-cap them first. ;)

My father had a variation of that - only much more limited.

He had a surplus WWII 1911 he got from the NRA (IIRC).

When I gave him some JHP ammo to use instead of the ball ammo he had, he said he didn't want to kill anyone, just shoot them in the legs. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of people who have entirely the wrong ideas about shooting in self-defense.

It is the advice of many who have BTDT when shooting a large aggressive attacking brown bear (AKA 'grizzly') with a handgun is to shoot them in the front shoulders first then the rear hips if they are still moving towards you, to stop them from moving towards you by breaking those bones and injuring those muscles, then go for the lethal shot.

My father had a variation of that - only much more limited.

He had a surplus WWII 1911 he got from the NRA (IIRC).

When I gave him some JHP ammo to use instead of the ball ammo he had, he said he didn't want to kill anyone, just shoot them in the legs. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of people who have entirely the wrong ideas about shooting in self-defense.

It is the advice of many who have BTDT when shooting a large aggressive attacking brown bear (AKA 'grizzly') with a handgun is to shoot them in the front shoulders first then the rear hips if they are still moving towards you, to stop them from moving towards you by breaking those bones and injuring those muscles, then go for the lethal shot.

Now that video cameras are everywhere and we see so many of these shooting I start to think humans are tougher than some of the "dangerous" 4 legged critters :)
In all seriousness though I have heard tales of shoots like the one I posted here all my life. I have to admit that until recently I used to take most of them with some salt. Thinking they were most often something that just got elaborated with the re telling. Now days I have seen enough Police shoots that went just like this one to worry me. Not that I will stop carrying my mouse guns at times but, I do find myself more often learning to "just deal with" carrying something larger instead. As hard as it was to put this scum down with a service pistol the LEO was using imagine trying that with something small? The guy was still able to aim and fire in the Cops direction after being hit with what I would have to assume was at minimum a 9mm with some kind of HP ammo. As Stomper mentioned humans can some times be pretty damn hard to stop.

Never underestimate the "Will to Live" in a human.

Speaking only for myself here...the times that I've been shot at , has made me both scared and extremely angry....which in turned made me very motivated to stop the other fella from shooting at me.

I have also seen humans take a incredible amount of punishment and keep on with their hostile actions.
By the same token I have seen people stop with no wounds or a "slight" wound....But I wouldn't want to place a bet on any outcome.

My best advice for a gun that is to be used for protection , is to get the one that you shoot the best with under all conditions and practice with it often.
Andy

Never underestimate the "Will to Live" in a human.

Speaking only for myself here...the times that I've been shot at , have both made me scared and extremely angry....which in turned made me very motivated to stop the other fella from shooting at me.

I have also seen humans take a incredible amount of punishment and keep on with their hostile actions.
By the same token I have seen people stop with no wounds or a "slight" wound....But I wouldn't want to place a bet on any outcome.

My best advice for a gun that is to be used for protection , is to get the one that you shoot the best with under all conditions and practice with it often.
Andy

Yep this is why I have learned to live with my Wife carrying a very small caliber gun. It took me a good while to get her to carry all the time as it was. Then I could not find anything "real good" that she would both carry and shoot for practice and fun. So I long ago figured the gun she has, and does shoot well, beats kicking about it not being enough. The old line about winning a gun fight, first have a gun :)

A follow up. Accuracy and speed tend to not mix. Generally speaking. Yes, there are anomalies like Jerry Miculek that have both. But most of us are just regular human beings walking the earth trying to protect our lives, liberty and our families. If I can ring a 2/3 silhouette steel target 17/17 times quickly at 10 yards (and I can) , I consider that a win. If I can duck under cover, walk sideways while shooting and hitting, do mag changes and transition from pistol to rifle then hit steel at 50 yards effectively and quickly, I'm good with that. Regardless of group sizes.

I like shooting for accuracy just to change things up. I have plenty of steel to spray bullets at, just to see how many shots I can get on target fast at closer range , but I like the 2 to the chest 1 to the head drill or 1-2 shot on three perps then finishing them off. But I will also shoot at 25, 50 and 100 yards and if you want to hit your target you need to be accurate. I also like knowing just how accurate I can shoot different style pistols for boosting my own confidence. And ringing a 8" plate at 25 yards with a 1911 with a fast firing rate , then watching your friends struggle to hit it at 15 yards is always fun. Some have told me can shoot dam good but I don't agree, I think they should practice more. From what I have read some of the best gunfighters took the time to make their first shot count rather than just speed. Ya every scenario is different, and just a thought. Sound like you know what your doing.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top