JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whelp...

• There are PLENTY of ways to shoot yourself regardless of what position you carry in
  • Why do you care so much what other grown men and women are doing?
  • Why are you so concerned with my genitals? Seriously...that's a little weird dude
  • Mind yo business :)

p.s.
  • Friends don't let friend use Sherpa holsters.
1) But as I said this one involves shooting your dick or nuts....but be my guest...
2) It's a forum, people make posts for discussion...why do you carry appendix, do you lack enough of a "bulge" down there? lol
3) You don't have inches to lose!
4) Nobody named you king of the world...

Whelp...
  • Not everyone carries a Sig P320
  • Appendix carry solves a lot of issues
  • It's comfortable
  • It's a great position for carrying larger framed guns
  • It's a great carry position for being seated in an automobile
  • It is easily accessible and easily defensible
  • When done correctly, you can draw and holster the gun without it ever flagging your body. The one exception might be if you ever have to draw while seated
  • In my particular case, the seat bolsters in my car make it damn near impossible to carry at the 3-5 position. And I ain't going to go out and buy and fit a new seat
  • There are PLENTY of ways to shoot yourself regardless of what position you carry in
  • Why do you care so much what other grown men and women are doing?
  • Why are you so concerned with my genitals? Seriously...that's a little weird dude
  • Mind yo business :)

p.s.
  • Friends don't let friend use Sherpa holsters.
My genitals have been pointless and a useless accoutrement for 18 years.

1688098317230.png

Aloha, Mark

Sodom and Gomorrah also deviated from natural reproduction. Look what happened there…. :eek:

Need to see if there's any decent caves to inhabit in this area…. Or maybe a nice reinforced concrete geo-dome….

:s0005:
It's all fun and games until there's nobody left. :s0093:

Well, if you draw incorrectly with a serpa, yes, you can shoot yourself.

If you draw with a serpa correctly, your odds of shooting yourself is the same as any other holster.

When people use the tip of their index finger to press the button while drawing, the finger naturally slides onto the trigger with the draw...

When you use the side of your index finger. When drawing, it transfers to rhe upper frame/slide of your firearm.

I refuse to put my carry in the front of my pants, I'm not willing to destroy my goods. Breaking a basic rule of firearms, don't point at anything your not willing to destroy...
It's a complicated issue with the Serpa. If you read the FBI study as to the issues, under stress, people pull up on the grip prior to pressing the release button. This locks the gun in the holster. People then press harder, still with no results, and then curl their fingers for more pressure. Eventually, they pull and press up and down on the grip and the gun comes loose, but they now have a curled finger exerting pressure because they can't get their guns out of the holster. Gun comes up, bang.

Hence why they are banned at many reputable shooting schools. This will not happen with most other holsters so NDs are more likely with them compared to other holsters, or so is the logic. I have watched this happen and made it happen (with a safe and unloaded gun). I have good friends who carried them at work with no issued. They also had dozens to hundreds of holster draws in stressful situations, not like the average citizen defender.

Well, if you draw incorrectly with a serpa, yes, you can shoot yourself.

If you draw with a serpa correctly, your odds of shooting yourself is the same as any other holster.

When people use the tip of their index finger to press the button while drawing, the finger naturally slides onto the trigger with the draw...

When you use the side of your index finger. When drawing, it transfers to rhe upper frame/slide of your firearm.

I refuse to put my carry in the front of my pants, I'm not willing to destroy my goods. Breaking a basic rule of firearms, don't point at anything your not willing to destroy...
WIth my XXXL fingers, I have no choice but to use the side of the finger to press the release - the tip lands well outside the trigger guard. Upon removal of the pistol from the holster, my finger ends up on the frame, not the trigger. A day of rapid shooting at Cerebrus Training with a 1911 went well, as has cross-carrying for a Shield 9 elsewhere. I don't recommend the Serpa but they work fine for me. I do like the positive retention, not mere dependence on friction to keep the pistol holstered.

The AIWB carry has been around for about 50 years.

Introduced by Bruce Nelson in the late 60s early 70s for quick reaction during drug transactions etc., and he carried a full size 1911 cocked and locked in that position.

In fact he came up with the Summer Special, or the IWB holster design. Most IWB holster designs today are based off his original design.
Mexican carry has been around a whole hell of a lot longer than Bruce Nelson—he's just the guy to make a great holster for it. People have been carrying pistols at 12:30 since pistols could be carried. There's plenty of photos of folks like my great grandfather and his brothers carrying that way on the borderlands in the late 19th century.

The Serpa becomes a problem when you are under stress and get the timing wrong - you pull before you push, and then you react to the holster jamming by pushing harder. Regardless of where you practice pushing the Serpa, when you are pushing three times harder than normal, you don't really know where your index finger is going to snap to when the pistol suddenly jerks free.

There are similar designs that put the release button under the trigger guard or even with the slide. Much better designs.

Wow, 4 pages in one day. So I'll jump in. 6'2" 195# of blue tempered steel!😎 No gut. Been carrying a Glock 26 AIWB all day every day for roughly 8 yrs now. Have even carried my G17 like that but it got a little confusing when time to pee🤣🤣. Still have the nads, still working great! I couldn't give two 💩's about your method of carry, don't worry 'bout mine.

Not too long ago, Blackhawk introduced a T-Series holster. It has a thumb activated release mechanism and a debris protected spring.
I haven't tried it… not sure if it would work for my hands.
I used a BH Serpa until I had to use a Gerber Tool to clear a pebble from underneath the release tab. (Arrow)
1688174945187.jpeg
As far as appendix carry… I don't mind it inside or outside the waistband.

my Nuts are in Front of my body . 'Yes' . All that just means is you are not born a deformed Mutant . I prefer my Balls and Penis same position as my Firearms carry, ( In Front Of My Body ) .
AIWB is in a position, ( In Front Of Body ). positioned same as your working Arms, Elbows, and Hands, Also 'unless born a mutant', your Eyes in your Head are in the front of your face are ( In Front Of Body ) . AIWB Gives you superior protection over your firearm, also reinforcing higher self awareness of your daily carry, as it is right there .. ( In Front of Body ) .

Do you think Tex Grebner gives a prayer of thanks every night that he wasn't wearing an AIWB holster that day? 🤔

[Trying to imagine "I just Bleeping SHOT MYSELF" said in a falsetto voice... It's even funnier.]

Do you think Tex Grebner gives a prayer of thanks every night that he wasn't wearing an AIWB holster that day? 🤔

[Trying to imagine "I just Bleeping SHOT MYSELF" said in a falsetto voice... It's even funnier.]
Pretty sure every police precinct has had a ND with their duty rigs while carrying at 3:00.
At least you're prepared to fail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top