JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last I checked my "jewels" are still intact. Don't mind me….. been carrying this way for over a decade.

IMG_2838.jpeg

Last Edited:
Revitalizing the thread. I think about it often enough. Due to earlier mentioned femoral artery concern I, myself, can't shake, I went ahead and bought this variation, which should point the muzzle somewhere off to the side & down. Maybe graze my hip, at worst. Shipping is 8 weeks out, but figure it will work out well.

Safety is important, which is a primary reason to carry to begin with. Should be paramount to ensure one's safety against one's own mistakes. Typically the gun rests in the holster so it's a good place to focus on safety.

Neither my G26 nor my P365 have safetys on them, which is good like that, in terms of actionability of the firearm if & when it's needed. That being the case I figure having it always pointing in an ok direction is a good idea.

I think of pistols like I do motorcycles. People think they're only harming themselves in the event they crash. Some take that as license to neglect to take their own interest into consideration. I think that is the first mistake.

IMG_8878.png

I keep a push button in my hand with the cord running to a fanny pack. People leave me alone.

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.22.45 PM.png
On other occasions, I use the Elite survival Systems chest rig. Solid steel pecs and you can draw through the right vest arm hole.
Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 11.26.00 PM.png

These kind of arguments always seem odd to me. As if people are carrying a gun that really does "just go off" all on its own. :confused:
If I owned a gun that I felt really did just fire all on its own I sure as hell would not carry it loaded. Unless what some are trying to say is they feel they are not competent enough to carry a gun and not fire it while still in the holster? If this is the case they should not be carrying at all.

As if people are carrying a gun that really does "just go off" all on its own.
I don't think that it's that concern.

But I have personally witnessed two NDs -- in holsters -- caused by foreign agents that migrated into the holsters and caught against the trigger as the pistols were inserted -- pistols fired, One through and through (about an 8 inch wound channel, tall big dude) in a calf muscle and the other a scorched cargo pocket with a couple holes. I have seen multiple LE training bulletins recounting incidents such as this, and am familiar with another dozen cases where this has happened.

The other occurrence that's even more commonplace is for the inexperienced, truly complacent or the "brain fart" episodes is reholstering a pistol with a finger on the trigger. I responded to a very serious incident involving a guy with four or five years on the job who suffered permanent nerve damage to his right leg doing this...

As one who's become too familiar with Mr. Murphy over the years, it's not about feeling as though I'm not competent enough to carry in a certain mode, it's just about risk mitigation.

That and the fact that it's pretty simple to effectively conceal any handgun without having to resort to AIWB

I don't think that it's that concern.

But I have personally witnessed two NDs -- in holsters -- caused by foreign agents that migrated into the holsters and caught against the trigger as the pistols were inserted -- pistols fired, One through and through (about an 8 inch wound channel, tall big dude) in a calf muscle and the other a scorched cargo pocket with a couple holes. I have seen multiple LE training bulletins recounting incidents such as this, and am familiar with another dozen cases where this has happened.

The other occurrence that's even more commonplace is for the inexperienced, truly complacent or the "brain fart" episodes is reholstering a pistol with a finger on the trigger. I responded to a very serious incident involving a guy with four or five years on the job who suffered permanent nerve damage to his right leg doing this...

As one who's become too familiar with Mr. Murphy over the years, it's not about feeling as though I'm not competent enough to carry in a certain mode, it's just about risk mitigation.

That and the fact that it's pretty simple to effectively conceal any handgun without having to resort to AIWB
If someone really just can't handle a gun and not set it off? They should go with the old Barney Fife method of carry, or at best carry empty chamber. For the ones who really just can not holster a firearm and not set it off? I prefer they shoot themselves. FAR better than hitting someone else who had the unfortunate luck to be close enough to them to take the round. :s0092:

If someone really just can't handle a gun and not set it off? They should go with the old Barney Fife method of carry, or at best carry empty chamber. For the ones who really just can not holster a firearm and not set it off? I prefer they shoot themselves. FAR better than hitting someone else who had the unfortunate luck to be close enough to them to take the round. :s0092:
Well, I don't know what your experience is, but after 44 years of my adult life spent in the military and law enforcement, working with folks that carry loaded firearms for a living, I've seen a few folks that I knew possessed common sense, were well-trained and experienced, still have the proverbial brain farts or simply a failure to properly clear or reholster a loaded firearm because the body failed to do what the brain was telling it...

Like my last deployment to Iraq, clearing barrels got shot regularly. When one has been out for 24 to 72 straight hours with little or zero sleep having to be hyper-vigilant the whole time with bad stuff around every corner, or working a 17-hour patrol shift on four hours' sleep because you got banged with forced OT, there are two things that will cause NDs among even the smartest and most experienced people:
STRESS and SLEEP DEPRIVATION.

These kind of arguments always seem odd to me. As if people are carrying a gun that really does "just go off" all on its own. :confused:
If I owned a gun that I felt really did just fire all on its own I sure as hell would not carry it loaded. Unless what some are trying to say is they feel they are not competent enough to carry a gun and not fire it while still in the holster? If this is the case they should not be carrying at all.
Honestly, those who would carry such an unreliable gun or so negligent as to leave it cocked might just need to be de-cocked.

Honestly, those who would carry such an unreliable gun or so negligent as to leave it cocked might just need to be de-cocked.
This one always seemed a bit bizarre to me. Trigger exposed, pointing under your chin all day long. Seems like if you were leaning over something it could come out or accidentally cock it or pull trigger. Don't know why people leave trigger exposed. Makes no sense on any holstered gun to me. This one's doubly bad (the carry method I mean, not the gun).

FB5EB5F0-8090-444A-BBD0-80851205AD37.jpeg

This one always seemed a bit bizarre to me. Trigger exposed, pointing under your chin all day long. Seems like if you were leaning over something it could come out or accidentally cock it or pull trigger. Don't know why people leave trigger exposed. Makes no sense on any holstered gun to me. This one's doubly bad (the carry method I mean, not the gun).

View attachment 1870388
The only thing missing is the "I'm with stupid" T-shirt.

Revitalizing the thread. I think about it often enough. Due to earlier mentioned femoral artery concern I, myself, can't shake, I went ahead and bought this variation, which should point the muzzle somewhere off to the side & down. Maybe graze my hip, at worst. Shipping is 8 weeks out, but figure it will work out well.

Safety is important, which is a primary reason to carry to begin with. Should be paramount to ensure one's safety against one's own mistakes. Typically the gun rests in the holster so it's a good place to focus on safety.

Neither my G26 nor my P365 have safetys on them, which is good like that, in terms of actionability of the firearm if & when it's needed. That being the case I figure having it always pointing in an ok direction is a good idea.

I think of pistols like I do motorcycles. People think they're only harming themselves in the event they crash. Some take that as license to neglect to take their own interest into consideration. I think that is the first mistake.

View attachment 1870090
I'll second that.

And while I don't have any research to back this up, I'm pretty sure it far safer to carry AIWB than it is to ride a motorcycle these days.

View attachment 1870388
I have an early model NAA which that looks like it is. That carry scares me not due to AD but just losing the damn gun. Never have handled one of those holsters so no idea how much retention the holster has. To have enough "grip" for the gun to be able to be cocked and not just come out? Would mean it would be quite hard to pull out of the holster in a hurry. Again never actually handled one like that but "suspect" you could easily have the damn thing fall out if caught on something. Would hate to reach for it and find it gone then have to wonder where the hell did it come out and fall at. Don't know if they still make it but there used to be a belt buckle holder for these. I used to think the same thing about those, scared hell out of me that the gun would end up coming out and me not know it till it was lost.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews