JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A buddy of mine has an idiot kid that carried his G23 that way. He had an oopsie putting it away one day. He didn't remove anything, but he has a heck of a scar on the pead of his hecker!
I am forever seeing moron criminals stuff a pistol in their pants no holster. Seeing as how Glock is so popular with them I have to hope many of them will keep themselves from making copies of themselves. :s0140:

I have an early model NAA which that looks like it is. That carry scares me not due to AD but just losing the damn gun. Never have handled one of those holsters so no idea how much retention the holster has. To have enough "grip" for the gun to be able to be cocked and not just come out? Would mean it would be quite hard to pull out of the holster in a hurry. Again never actually handled one like that but "suspect" you could easily have the damn thing fall out if caught on something. Would hate to reach for it and find it gone then have to wonder where the hell did it come out and fall at. Don't know if they still make it but there used to be a belt buckle holder for these. I used to think the same thing about those, scared hell out of me that the gun would end up coming out and me not know it till it was lost.
Agree looks really unpredictable carried that way. I would rather have it in coin pocket than that. I carry it in a gerber multi tool pouch on my belt. Just looks like a multi tool and says gerber on it. Only 6.7 ounces for the swing out cylinder 22 mag version. Not main edc though of course. Good backup or when you can't carry anything else Imo. I remember one time it was the only gun on me and in dark fairly creepy spot coming from store. I held it in between my hand and the cart and was totally invisible and in my hand ready to go if needed.

Agree looks really unpredictable carried that way. I would rather have it in coin pocket than that. I carry it in a gerber multi tool pouch on my belt. Just looks like a multi tool and says gerber on it. Only 6.7 ounces for the swing out cylinder 22 mag version. Not main edc though of course. Good backup or when you can't carry anything else Imo. I remember one time it was the only gun on me and in dark fairly creepy spot coming from store. I held it in between my hand and the cart and was totally invisible and in my hand ready to go if needed.

When we bought ours I was looking for a pocket gun that did not feel like I was carrying a damn rock around. I bought the convertible 22WMR and Wife the .22LR. When pocket autos got perfected I sold the larger one. I just have never been able to bring myself to sell the little one. Almost never carry it any more but its such a well made little tool I just can't bring myself to sell it. Back when carried it rode in a cell phone case, Watch pocket, front pocket (with nothing else in that pocket), and even a shirt pocket that had been beefed up to stay secured. Still can't hit anything with it that is not just past arms reach but damn they were well made little last ditch guns. Now and then I still take it to the range to fire for fun. Still impresses hell out of me.

I am forever seeing moron criminals stuff a pistol in their pants no holster. Seeing as how Glock is so popular with them I have to hope many of them will keep themselves from making copies of themselves. :s0140:
I highly recommend the appendix carry for all armed robbers - especially those robbing hot dog stands.

I highly recommend the appendix carry for all armed robbers - especially those robbing hot dog stands.
DAMN would love to have been there to watch that one!! Hopefully they are not able to fix it so the moron can make more copies of himself.

Well, I don't know what your experience is, but after 44 years of my adult life spent in the military and law enforcement, working with folks that carry loaded firearms for a living, I've seen a few folks that I knew possessed common sense, were well-trained and experienced, still have the proverbial brain farts or simply a failure to properly clear or reholster a loaded firearm because the body failed to do what the brain was telling it...

Like my last deployment to Iraq, clearing barrels got shot regularly. When one has been out for 24 to 72 straight hours with little or zero sleep having to be hyper-vigilant the whole time with bad stuff around every corner, or working a 17-hour patrol shift on four hours' sleep because you got banged with forced OT, there are two things that will cause NDs among even the smartest and most experienced people:
STRESS and SLEEP DEPRIVATION.
Brilliant post. Humans are humans. Even well-trained, normally alert humans still do human things. This is why I prefer the extra layer of protection from a manual safety. I posted this before...a friend of mine investigated many of our department's ND. He said every single one involved a distraction of some type. Humans.

I know others think differently, and I say carry on. I do not judge. I will judge those who tell people they should not have a gun with a manual safety if they want one. It's a personal decision for each individual. I just recommend that my students/individuals educate themselves on the pros and cons and decide for themselves.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews