JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I could post real photos of trauma victims but most guys here would get sick quick. However knowing what the end results will look like may help you come to terms with defending yourself. You will be the Victor or the one on the slab dead. The video didn't show the hits or any blood so it isnt' like Hollywood violence, it was real.

Great job by the cop to find cover! Props to him to staying in the fight!!

Never had to use my pistol but hey.. why do people wear seat belts? Because there's a chance you'll need it! :D

"More than 5"? Why carry five rounds if you can carry five MAGS? :D Forty rounds of .45 oughtta do it for anything that's human... if not, it's a problem more ammo wouldn't solve.

Hmm. Up your game. P14-45 - 5 mags geys you 71 rounds. If you top off the gun. Or a Glock 21 with +2 baseplates and you get 76.

Go to a g20 with +2s and rock 86 rounds. Remember your suspenders for such a loadout. :D

Bodycam Captures Fatal Police Shootout in Pasadena, Texas

I am not sure if all the shots from this LEO miss, sure does not look like it. Look how many hits it takes to make this kook drop that gun. He even returns fire after being hit. Don't know the rest of the story on this. If this kook was on some kind of drugs or what but he was hard to stop.

Meth makes a superman untill you drive a stake through his heart

Why would we have to pay for that?
because some lib group says we do?
tired of covering everybodies costs when they can ...1, do the right thing, 2, get off their butts and do the right thing.

Well sadly this is what people vote for. I doubt you would find many or maybe none here who like this. You will find many here who vote for it though. The 15th of this month I have to send the IRS another 2K on top of what Wife and I already sent them. Because we both had the audacity to work hard and make a living this year. So we have to pay to help out people who are perfectly capable of working but refuse. This is what the voters want so we have to go along.

Hmm. Up your game. P14-45 - 5 mags geys you 71 rounds. If you top off the gun. Or a Glock 21 with +2 baseplates and you get 76.

Go to a g20 with +2s and rock 86 rounds. Remember your suspenders for such a loadout. :D

I showed this video to Wife today when I told her I want her to learn to use the 9mm PCC I just bought. Told her this is why. Now maybe I should use this as an excuse to buy one of those STI 14 round 10mm 1911's. I have been drooling over ever since our member from CO mentioned them. "Hey honey, I really need to buy this pistol in case this happens to me." :)

During and LEO training class in the early 80. It showed a Large Black male was shot about 20 times and still managed to walk down a flight of stairs and fire at police he was on PCP. It was the first time I ever saw a person killed and was amazed the guy got shot that many times and kept coming.

OP's
This was a great case of average Joe looking dude ...I think when the crazies look like the rest of the population thats the scary part .

Should send him the direction of someone that wants to limit mag capacity to 10 rounds

Tried one and it was just enough bigger to not work with my stubby fingers... I usually have to stick to short GI-style triggers too.

:eek:

You must have midget hands :D I am cursed with big palms and short, thin fingers, comparatively. A Glock 21 will work for me, but the 21SF is much better. The Para double stacks are the best fitting hi cap .45s I have ever tried. I guess you could go the XD45 or M&P45 route. The XD has similar dimensions to their 9. The grip is stupid long to compensate, but they got 13 rounds in a 9mm grip. The Coatian engineers behind it could park a Cadillac in a doghouse, I am pretty sure :D

The M&P 45 is almost exactly like the 9, but capacity suffers. 10 in the fullsize, 8 in the compacts. But oh so nice. M&P with small backstrap may be up your alley.

Or I could just stick with what I know fits me and has served me well for almost my entire adult life without switching to a subcaliber Tupperware crunchenticker... :p

Did I mention that I'm also only 5'6"? I will seriously bet that I'm probably the shortest guy here...

I could post real photos of trauma victims but most guys here would get sick quick. However knowing what the end results will look like may help you come to terms with defending yourself. You will be the Victor or the one on the slab dead. The video didn't show the hits or any blood so it isnt' like Hollywood violence, it was real.

Another good point. I have watched many of these videos since the camera is everywhere now. One thing I started to notice is you rarely see blood. At least not as much as you would expect in these kind of shootings.

Or I could just stick with what I know fits me and has served me well for almost my entire adult life without switching to a subcaliber Tupperware crunchenticker... :p

Did I mention that I'm also only 5'6"? I will seriously bet that I'm probably the shortest guy here...

Damn dude, my wife has a couple inches on ya! Theres advantages to being short. You can find pants way easier. You're closer to the ground if ya drop something. Lower center of gravity. Walk between the legs of sasquatchien folks. Shave real close and eat free at the buffets where kids eat free :D

Bad guys cranked up on adrenalin or other chemicals can be extremely hard to kill. I have seen my fair share of combat results first hand, and things that should have dropped a skinny didn'! One guy took a full 15 round mag of 9 MM ball center mass, and didn't drop, another took half a 30 round mag of 5. M-855 Mozambique style, and didn't stop for a while, two of those rounds through the face! Nasty!!! I have seen 3 rounds of Buck to the face, and still no death, and even a .357 mag to the back of the head, dude gone in his car and drove 4 blocks! Humans are hard to kill! One thing my experience has taught me, a bullet that will remove large chunks of a skinny will stop the fight faster then hits to center mass, or one to the CPU in just the right spot will shut the lights off permently. But even then, you need a round that can take large chunks, or hits and expands violently enough to insure rapid system shut down!
Alexx1401, you really, really need a STI, or one of the Caspian frame builds, their the schiznit, 17+1 of 10 MM goodness!!!:D:D:D

Another good point. I have watched many of these videos since the camera is everywhere now. One thing I started to notice is you rarely see blood. At least not as much as you would expect in these kind of shootings.

With handguns there isn't much blood in most cases as the body fat seals the small hole the bullet makes. The big Hollywood blood splatter is just that, Hollywood. If you are going to train I suggest reactive targets that move when they are hit. I am no gun fighting killer or operator so my words dont' carry much weight but I think things out because I traveled a great deal before I retired. Reactive targets teach you to shoot until they drop, kinda important.o_O

Welfare, Medicaid... and they can sue, and you never can trust juries.

Whatever happened to the phase that cops wouls say...."Stop, in the name of the law"? seems to say it all.
Did the libs give that away also?
Seems that if LEO tells you to stop, you must comply or suffer the outcome of your actions.
if the cop shoots you in the knee, you did not comply and you made a choice. all on the perp/badguy/non-compliant on. Should not be open to sue or a jury.

My toot, sorry. I am definitly stuck in days prior. but then we did not have the political agenda that we have today.

I wonder if he was thinking, dang I just shot my own window.

I like how that suv coming down the road hit reverse and bounced real quick.

Honestly that LEO did a great job at delivering some good shots what looked like the upper left chest.
Those good shots early in the fight make the difference

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads