JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a good suggestion, but I've already bought a Sig p938 and sold it because the recoil was too much for me with 9mm in a tiny gun. I mean, I can shoot it, but it hurts and it's no fun to practice with.
Yep - tiny 9mm is snappy and painful.

People probably get tired me saying this over and over, but - "grip is everything".

When I FINALLY figured this out (after a couple of decades of doing it wrong) and learned how to properly grip a handgun - especially a small handgun - I became a better shot ESPECIALLY with smaller form factors. Small pistols that used to be hard to control and HURT to shoot, became manageable and accuracy became consistent.

First I had to learn that the way most people grip a handgun (without proper instruction) is incorrect. Second I had to practice - a lot. But now I'm confident shooting pretty much any form factor, from my little-bitty 32 ACP to my 10mm. All because I learned how to grip a handgun correctly.

TWYLALTR

Cheers

Yep - tiny 9mm is snappy and painful.

People probably get tired me saying this over and over, but - "grip is everything".

When I FINALLY figured this out (after a couple of decades of doing it wrong) and learned how to properly grip a handgun - especially a small handgun - I became a better shot ESPECIALLY with smaller form factors. Small pistols that used to be hard to control and HURT to shoot, became manageable and accuracy became consistent.

First I had to learn that the way most people grip a handgun (without proper instruction) is incorrect. Second I had to practice - a lot. But now I'm confident shooting pretty much any form factor, from my little-bitty 32 ACP to my 10mm. All because I learned how to grip a handgun correctly.

TWYLALTR

Cheers
Exactly. If you follow folks like Mike seeklander and Rob latheum it always comes back to the grip. If the gun is not moving when the shot goes off you will hit what the gun is pointed at. Even if you jerk the trigger it will make no difference if the gun doesn't move when the shot goes off. Latheam has a good demo of this where he took a magic marker and slapped the trigger as hard as he could while student was holding gun in a nearly perfect grip. All shots were on target despite worst possible case of "jerking" the trigger. That's doesn't mean trigger control is not important but it means grip is ultra ultra important. Often people don't spend enough time building their grip properly and then practicing how to build the grip/present the gun quickly.

I cant help but notice how you manage to conceal probably some of the largest handguns but your avitar photo shows one of the smallest handguns ever made.
Just a fun observation....
That's also the one that's always in a pocket.

I call it my Rabid Squirrel Gun, the point blank last resort, the brain scrambler, fire-ant, etc...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top