JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't have the huge waist to pull it off. Muscular build, no gut, no big waist. But even if I did, WHY would anyone ever point a gun at their genitals? Especially with all these Sig discharges, etc. I knew a SWAT cop who shot himself in the leg drawing from a serpa holster carried at 3 o clock. The though of even putting a gun in a holster down there makes me cringe....

You don't need a huge waist to AIWB. Actually quite the contrary. Lots of fit guys carry that way, including this guy sometimes.

I don't have the huge waist to pull it off. Muscular build, no gut, no big waist.
You have a misconception there, a muscular build, no gut, no big waist is the perfect body type for AIWB.

But even if I did, WHY would anyone ever point a gun at their genitals?
When done properly it is not while handling the gun. You need to adhere to additional practices with this mode of carry, such as never holstering while seated. Choice of weapon can mitigated the risk, such a hammer fired pistols, a Striker Control Device on Glocks, revolvers, etc.

Especially with all these Sig discharges, etc.
You have a point there. Personally, I don't and won't own a modern Sig and sure as hell won't carry one anyway let alone AIWB.

I knew a SWAT cop who shot himself in the leg drawing from a serpa holster carried at 3 o clock.
Serpas suck, using ones trigger finger to disengage the locking mechanism in the direction of the trigger is a recipe for disaster. I would assume, being a SWAT cop, he has a fairly high degree of proficiency with his firearms and yet here we are.

The though of even putting a gun in a holster down there makes me cringe....
Than don't do it. If you lack the confidence in yourself or your equipment don't go there, just realize that does not change the inherent advantages of AIWB, there are plenty and that is why people do it.

I'm 5-9 and a 150 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. That's all I was gonna say, but I'll add that I really have a hard time carrying (without printing) in the three o'clock or six o'clock and an AIWB was gonna be my next try. I've seen skinny dudes pull it off pretty well.

How many tens of thousands newer sigs are out there and how many people are shooting their peens off?

I truly believe most of the p320 discharges were from neglect not from the gun magically firing. Seeing as it is happening in testing and I'm guessing the plaintiff's lawyers are trying every angle to get those results.

Typically when I carry aiwb the barrel is pointed more toward my inner thigh so it's most likely hitting the femoral so ill just bleed out with dong intact.

I'm 5-9 and a 150 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. That's all I was gonna say, but I'll add that I really have a hard time carrying (without printing) in the three o'clock or six o'clock and an AIWB was gonna be my next try. I've seen skinny dudes pull it off pretty well.
It's all a matter of degree.

Don't do that, it is the worst place on a belt you can carry, probably the worst place period.

I truly believe most of the p320 discharges were from neglect not from the gun magically firing. Seeing as it is happening in testing and I'm guessing the plaintiff's lawyers are trying every angle to get those results.
Whats interesting about the p320 debate is there are years of lawsuits of Glock for the same thing but nobody disses Glocks for the same thing.

Whats interesting about the p320 debate is there are years of lawsuits of Glock for the same thing but nobody disses Glocks for the same thing.
I gotta say I just got a p365xl and have only dry fired with dummy rounds but the trigger is very nice but not forgiving so I can see how folks are firing them accidentally/negligently. Kinda like a revolver with hammer cocked.

Can't answer for the "Why" of someone else.

I have "appendix carried" many times without an issue...
The "why" here is 'cause that was the best or most comfortable way for me , to do so at that time.

Andy

I gotta say I just got a p365xl and have only dry fired with dummy rounds but the trigger is very nice but not forgiving so I can see how folks are firing them accidentally/negligently. Kinda like a revolver with hammer cocked.
yes, but all that does is corroborate NDs not a malfunction.

Gut if its a Glock its a ND. if its a P320 its suddenly the gun. Gun culture is weird like that... :p

I truly believe most of the p320 discharges were from neglect not from the gun magically firing.
I agree with that statement, but...(see below)

I believe the Sig P320 trigger pull is too light and lacks appropriate pre-travel for that type of pistol (striker fired) where Glocks have a decent amount of take-up and a heavier trigger pull. I currently have Haley Strategic Skimmer trigger in one of my Glock, to check it out. It basically all but eliminates the pre-travel at a predictable wall and breaks clean and crisp without a reduction in trigger weight. I have no issue carrying it but plan to remove it and go back to a standard Glock style trigger for consistency. I think adding a SCD changes that game completely IMO.

I also won't buy a Sig because Ron Cohan f'ed up Sig just like he f'ed up Kimber, so f' him and his pistols.

Everyone's got their comfort levels, yadda yadda. I feel safest appendix carrying a double action revolver or DA/SA semiauto. I am pretty gross motor and don't trust myself to safely grab a striker pistol with a round chambered while carrying appendix. Others are more practiced, more comfy, coordinated, etc. I do like the access appendix carry offers and the fact that my firearm shames me into working out to try, I said TRY to work off the muffin-top of flab up front.

Everyone's got their comfort levels, yadda yadda. I feel safest appendix carrying a double action revolver. I am pretty gross motor and don't trust myself to safely grab a striker pistol with a round chambered. Others are more practiced, more comfy, coordinated, etc.
Why a revolver? A DA auto will give the same "protection" and you won't have to deal with the bulk of the cylinder.

I do like the access appendix carry offers.
One of it's major strengths, along with superior defendability, fast draw and better concealability.

The revolver because I am most familiar with them, I shoot them better than semi-autos and I just plain like them more than any other type of handgun. I know, I'm gonna get killed in the streets.

Whelp...
  • Not everyone carries a Sig P320
  • Appendix carry solves a lot of issues
  • It's comfortable
  • It's a great position for carrying larger framed guns
  • It's a great carry position for being seated in an automobile
  • It is easily accessible and easily defensible
  • When done correctly, you can draw and holster the gun without it ever flagging your body. The one exception might be if you ever have to draw while seated
  • In my particular case, the seat bolsters in my car make it damn near impossible to carry at the 3-5 position. And I ain't going to go out and buy and fit a new seat
  • There are PLENTY of ways to shoot yourself regardless of what position you carry in
  • Why do you care so much what other grown men and women are doing?
  • Why are you so concerned with my genitals? Seriously...that's a little weird dude
  • Mind yo business :)

p.s.
  • Friends don't let friend use Sherpa holsters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top