JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Adrenaline and or drugs can do some crazy things to a person. Always good to have more than you need!;)

During and LEO training class in the early 80. It showed a Large Black male was shot about 20 times and still managed to walk down a flight of stairs and fire at police he was on PCP. It was the first time I ever saw a person killed and was amazed the guy got shot that many times and kept coming.

OP's
This was a great case of average Joe looking dude ...I think when the crazies look like the rest of the population thats the scary part .

I like shooting for accuracy just to change things up. I have plenty of steel to spray bullets at, just to see how many shots I can get on target fast at closer range , but I like the 2 to the chest 1 to the head drill or 1-2 shot on three perps then finishing them off. But I will also shoot at 25, 50 and 100 yards and if you want to hit your target you need to be accurate. I also like knowing just how accurate I can shoot different style pistols for boosting my own confidence. And ringing a 8" plate at 25 yards with a 1911 with a fast firing rate , then watching your friends struggle to hit it at 15 yards is always fun. Some have told me can shoot dam good but I don't agree, I think they should practice more. From what I have read some of the best gunfighters took the time to make their first shot count rather than just speed. Ya every scenario is different, and just a thought. Sound like you know what your doing.

When I met first Wife and got her to shoot and get a gun for the home it was a learning experience for her. She had shot with her brother and father but just playing around, mostly with a .22 rifle. So I set up a silhouette target at 20feet, hand her the new .380 and say "fire as fast as you can and hit". She said "that's too easy, the target is so close". Empties mag, we walk over and not a single round was a hit to the "bad guy". Holes all around him. She said "something must be wrong with this gun". So I loaded another mag, did the same thing but made about a 4 inch group center mass. Then told her lets try this again, look at the front sight only and slow down just a little. Now all of a sudden most of her shots were at least in the "dobad". It was quite a shock to her to find you could miss at what to her seemed like way too close to miss range. That was far from the last time I have seen a shooter do that bad. Some of them do it after claiming to be a "good shot" :confused::eek::oops:o_O

Last Edited:
During and LEO training class in the early 80. It showed a Large Black male was shot about 20 times and still managed to walk down a flight of stairs and fire at police he was on PCP. It was the first time I ever saw a person killed and was amazed the guy got shot that many times and kept coming.

OP's
This was a great case of average Joe looking dude ...I think when the crazies look like the rest of the population thats the scary part .

YES, when I first saw it that was exactly what I was thinking. Car did not look like the average meth heads or such. Nice looking car, guy looked clean and dressed, just seemed upset at the stop. Then all hell breaks loose and he does not go down. You are right on, if someone looking like this passed me in a parking lot I would not give a second glance. He was a bomb waiting to go off.

YES, when I first saw it that was exactly what I was thinking. Car did not look like the average meth heads or such. Nice looking car, guy looked clean and dressed, just seemed upset at the stop. Then all hell breaks loose and he does not go down. You are right on, if someone looking like this passed me in a parking lot I would not give a second glance. He was a bomb waiting to go off.

Jeffery Dahmer looked pretty normal too...o_O

Last Edited:
Group size reflects a handgun shooter's skill. Mostly trigger control. IMHO :oops: Handgun
and ammo contribute to group size also of course. A skilled handgun shooter can shoot
a good group even with a gritty heavy trigger pull.:eek: A good trigger does allow you to shoot
faster. I have learned shooting USPSA and IDPA matches time verses distance. Two shots
to the 'A' zone at different distances you learn to take a little more time on the trigger for the
distant targets. I think competition shooting helps pistol shooting real world skills.:rolleyes: Going to
the range and punching holes in targets gets boring. :confused:In competition I have shot moving and shooting/reloading, steal poppers, strong hand only, weak hand only, moving targets, shooting
in the dark, no shoot targets and "engage targets as they become viable". :D

That's why I liked pin shooting; you have to be accurate (enough) with a gun with enough power to knock the pins off the table and you have to do it with adequate speed. Accuracy, power, speed, concentration - things to practice with.

Then there are the shots where the job doesn't get done and you have to go back and try again - immediate feedback without having to walk over to the target to see where you hit it.

That's why I liked pin shooting; you have to be accurate (enough) with a gun with enough power to knock the pins off the table and you have to do it with adequate speed. Accuracy, power, speed, concentration - things to practice with.

Then there are the shots where the job doesn't get done and you have to go back and try again - immediate feedback without having to walk over to the target to see where you hit it.

Thats a great Idea.

White paint helps to see where your shots are hitting. Or i mix up the colors. Ya I'm kinda stating the obvious, but they do stand out.

IMG_1814.JPG IMG_1818.JPG

Last Edited:
I like shooting for accuracy just to change things up. I have plenty of steel to spray bullets at, just to see how many shots I can get on target fast at closer range , but I like the 2 to the chest 1 to the head drill or 1-2 shot on three perps then finishing them off. But I will also shoot at 25, 50 and 100 yards and if you want to hit your target you need to be accurate. I also like knowing just how accurate I can shoot different style pistols for boosting my own confidence. And ringing a 8" plate at 25 yards with a 1911 with a fast firing rate , then watching your friends struggle to hit it at 15 yards is always fun. Some have told me can shoot dam good but I don't agree, I think they should practice more. From what I have read some of the best gunfighters took the time to make their first shot count rather than just speed. Ya every scenario is different, and just a thought. Sound like you know what your doing.

I love shooting for accuracy as well. It's a different kind of shooting. I've done well at 800 yards, laying prone with good glass. I actually really enjoy shooting longer distances, but for the sake of bad guy interaction, minute of center mass works for me.

I love shooting for accuracy as well. It's a different kind of shooting. I've done well at 800 yards, laying prone with good glass. I actually really enjoy shooting longer distances, but for the sake of bad guy interaction, minute of center mass works for me.

Back when I could see better I too loved playing with real long shooting. Was never close to real good but it was still fun. The close in stuff is more my "thing" now especially since getting to where I can shoot long is an all day deal now. As for accurate defensive this was one reason I fell so in love with the latest thing from Ruger in that 9mm rifle. Put a light and laser on it for the Wife. Told her this will be your go to gun if I am at work and someone is outside, and you are waiting inside for the Calvary. Light, short, easy to handle, low enough recoil she will handle it well even with +P ammo. This stuff gets .357 performance in a 17 round mag. Great little house gun for her and tons of fun for me. :)

I agree that drawing your pistol and getting shots on target fast is the most important part of self defense. And the draw and safety switching if applicable is something that needs to be practiced on a regular basis.

I agree that drawing your pistol and getting shots on target fast is the most important part of self defense. And the draw and safety switching if applicable is something that needs to be practiced on a regular basis.

Yes, with transition to a rifle and mag changes. :)

People get excited, in hunting they call it buck fever. You either shoot too fast and miss or dump your ammo on the ground jacking the action. That's not even with someone shooting back at you. Adreneline can be controlled but you have to practice it, shooting competition will help a great deal because the excitement and pushing to win creates a great deal of adrenaline. The match really helps because you are forced to shoot accurately if you want to win and it's under pressure.

One thing matches can't give you is the fear factor, how will you shoot under fear of getting killed. To find that one out might be the last time you shoot.o_O

Yes, with transition to a rifle and mag changes. :)

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

The brain can live for about 10-20 seconds after the heart has been destroyed, and therefore can still operate any remaining body parts to function.

The only instant kill shot regardless of "will to live", being "angry", or "chemically augmented" is painting the wall behind your target with its own grey matter thereby removing it from the body, or severing it from the "comm system". No "transmitter", no movement.

;)

These two people lived, and had a full recovery.... :eek:
60A305FE-E571-4A61-BDD8-E182A888B9C0.jpeg 5B8DADBB-C399-4829-9C29-F057E4DD05AE.jpeg

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

The brain can live for about 10-20 seconds after the heart has been destroyed, and therefore can still operate any remaining body parts to function.

The only instant kill shot regardless of "will to live", being "angry", or "chemically augmented" is painting the wall behind your target with its own grey matter thereby removing it from the body, or severing it from the "comm system". No "transmitter", no movement.

;)

These two people lived, and had a full recovery.... :eek:
View attachment 445895 View attachment 445896

DAMN!!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany