JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
According to the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries , wage theft is around $1.5 million per year over the last 8 years (that include penalties which the employers were ordered to pay, but let's ignore that for the time being). Per capita income in Oregon in 2022 was $41,805. Oregon population in 2022 was estimated at 4,239,379.

Can you tell me the percentage of wage theft in Oregon from the above data? If not, I'm sure someone here can calculate it for you.

for foreskin

To be fair, we subsidized the drug companies responsible for many of these addictions. We also cut treatment centers and shut down the state mental homes under Reagan. Reagan was an idiot if he thought that there would be no blowback from defunding mental health. Most of these folks are self medicating and have some really big mental health issues. It is silly to expect someone who does not have an accurate grasp of reality to get a job and work when they are not living in the same world the majority of us are.
Most leftists blame President Reagan, when in fact it was bipartisan legislation.

The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981, passed by a Democratic-controlled House of Representatives and a Republican-controlled Senate, and signed by President Reagan on August 13, 1981, repealed most of the Mental Health Systems Act.

To be fair, we subsidized the drug companies responsible for many of these addictions. We also cut treatment centers and shut down the state mental homes under Reagan. Reagan was an idiot if he thought that there would be no blowback from defunding mental health. Most of these folks are self medicating and have some really big mental health issues. It is silly to expect someone who does not have an accurate grasp of reality to get a job and work when they are not living in the same world the majority of us are.
You think Reagan was the only one doing that? Defunding state mental institutions was going on all over the states. New York was doing it at the same time. And the movement to empty the asylums started back in the 50s, Plus JFK signed the 1963 Mental Health Act that was supposed to get people out of state mental health facilities and into federally funded community mental health centers. That funding fizzled after JFK's assassination. Then the Medicare-Medicaid Act further incentivized emptying out institutions.
It wasn't just Reagan.

According to the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries , wage theft is around $1.5 million per year over the last 8 years (that include penalties which the employers were ordered to pay, but let's ignore that for the time being). Per capita income in Oregon in 2022 was $41,805. Oregon population in 2022 was estimated at 4,239,379.

Can you tell me the percentage of wage theft in Oregon from the above data? If not, I'm sure someone here can calculate it for you.

ETA: Retail theft from businesses in Oregon perpetrated by employees is an eye opening figure. Would you like to guess at the dollar amount?
Not sure of the percentage. But I know wage theft is the biggest form of theft in the country. I am not stating retail theft is not a problem as it is a huge problem. However I do believe we should be honest with ourselves.

Most leftists blame President Reagan, when in fact it was bipartisan legislation.

The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981, passed by a Democratic-controlled House of Representatives and a Republican-controlled Senate, and signed by President Reagan on August 13, 1981, repealed most of the Mental Health Systems Act.
The fact is he signed it. He could have vetoed it and it did fit with is belief on the economic policy the country should take. Bush failed to complete his legacy so they got Clinton to finish it and sign off on NAFTA. Sadly though we are realizing why we need some government spending on mental healthcare access.

You think Reagan was the only one doing that? Defunding state mental institutions was going on all over the states. New York was doing it at the same time. And the movement to empty the asylums started back in the 50s, Plus JFK signed the 1963 Mental Health Act that was supposed to get people out of state mental health facilities and into federally funded community mental health centers. That funding fizzled after JFK's assassination. Then the Medicare-Medicaid Act further incentivized emptying out institutions.
It wasn't just Reagan.
Can you show me where I said it was only Reagan doing it? The simple reason so many states were defunding them is simply the Federal government cut funding drastically. I never said it was just Reagan. He was essentially the death knell for it though as we all know.

Not sure of the percentage. But I know wage theft is the biggest form of theft in the country. I am not stating retail theft is not a problem as it is a huge problem. However I do believe we should be honest with ourselves.
In 2022, retail theft from businesses in Oregon perpetrated by employees was over 270 million. I'm having a hard time understanding how 1.5 million in wage theft is the greater problem. Is there a particular State for which you are basing your opinion on?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top