JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. SilencerCo Spectre II. Quiet, easy to clean.
2. SilencerCo Hybrid 46. Little heavy for pistols, but not unwieldy.
3. SilencerCo Hybrid 46. .223 to .45-70. Hearing safe. And .338 Lapua too.
they say not to but, i run 22lr thru my hybrid 46 and do not get lead fouling.

i love the hybrid 46. i shoot a lot of different calibers thru it

This is my favorite pistol to shoot with the Sparrow.

s&w 2213 001.JPG

:D it's funny, all that work typing out good info and a man gets one like. It' not worth the work.:D:D

Better than typing out a long post and getting no likes...had that happen plenty of times. BTW, I count 2 on that post ;)

As for that post, your points are well taken - I've heard the POI shift discussion and it sounds like it's something you can plan for and anticipate once you know how a particular can affects a particular rifle. Working up loads based on suppressed/not suppressed is something I've heard mentioned as well.

You asked what I want to use them for? Depends on the gun. For the .22, it's possible for me to shoot on my property (varmints, targets) without getting the neighbor's attention. For the pistol can, it's a combination of quieting things down at the range (especially if I shoot at the indoor range) as well as possibly living on my HD gun - helping to prevent serious hearing damage (even if temporary) in the event of a HD shooting. The rifles - part of it is lessening the sound at the muzzle to make bench time more enjoyable, also meaning I may be able to take off the bigger hearing protection, which can be a pain with scopes, and also to reduce some of the recoil. I saw noticeable reduction in recoil on several .308 guns when a can was added to them.

1. SilencerCo Spectre II. Quiet, easy to clean.
2. SilencerCo Hybrid 46. Little heavy for pistols, but not unwieldy.
3. SilencerCo Hybrid 46. .223 to .45-70. Hearing safe. And .338 Lapua too.

The suppressor I got to try out on several rifles was the Hybrid 46 - nice suppressor. But yes, I can see how it would be a bit big/heavy for a pistol. Still, a very versatile can.

I don't believe in multi cal cans per se'. Not that its a belief system sort of thing but they arent optimized for anything.

I like my 45 Tirant for 9mm and .45. I really like it on my Rossi 45 Colt model 92.
I like my SpecWar 762 on 30 cal and .223.
My SIG 762Ti on my hunting Rifle ( .308 )
.22 LR up to 5.7 works wonderfully through my Spectre 2. Built like a tank.

Is it possible in spite of todays technology caliber specific Cans are still the best? I find it amazing that such a small tube of high grade metal with specific internals can slow down, expand and cool off what essentially is the little brother of matter-anti matter plasma?

Baffles scientifically designed to bounce hyper sonic pressure waves off internal baffles to intersect and counter out opposing high speed high pressure gas waves? Designed to bounce the powder gases around at the same time using the gas waves to slow things down?

Then the bullet leaves the muzzle and goes quite a ways down range while the hypersonic shock waves are still bouncing around inside that tube defeating each other with each interaction, then finally exiting the barrel while some gas STILL exits out of the barrel?

The remaining greatly reduced pressure inside the barrel is greatly cooled. But it is still hot enough and fast enough to affect some firearms that they are not fun to shoot suppressed. Other semi and full autos do great. All designed years ago with just some smarts?

Today designed using high speed PC desk tops? I am curious what suppressor designs will be available in the near future. "Can" mufflers for guns get so good and so non expensive to manufacture that finally we will all have suppressors? That would be very nice indeed.

Mufflers for guns. Not your average lawn mover.

The Silencerco Spectre II is the only .22 can I've ever owned. Works great. Makes even loud pistols quiet enough to enjoy without ear protection (about like a bb/pellet gun) even with HV ammo. I know HV and SV ammo will cycle in my semis, but I don't know if subsonic does or not, haven't tried it yet. I'll have to do some A, B, C comparisons outdoors. Indoors makes too many echoes.

Unsuppressed .22 rifles are always quieter than .22 pistols in my experience. So it'll be interesting to see if there's any difference between a threaded 10/22 and a 22/45.

One reason I went with the Spectre II is the capability to take it down and do a thorough cleaning - which is still somewhere in the future. Haven't shot it much yet.

I really hope the Hearing Conservation Act grows legs and passes. The next toy would something for some bigger guns. Maybe a few. That's me enjoying a buddy's .45acp grease gun below. Schwing.

Unsuppressed .22 rifles are always quieter than .22 pistols in my experience. So it'll be interesting to see if there's any difference between a threaded 10/22 and a 22/45.

You'll find the pistol is quieter many times. Not because of the silencer though. Optimum length of a 22LR is around 16" Thats great huh? No. Thats when the bullet has attained its highest speed of 1200 FPS or so for most modern 22 ammo. About 200 FPS too fast. The 22lr from a rifle doesnt have much of a sonic boom but its definitely there. There are subsonic loads and standard velocity loads but even slow consistent stuff like 40 grain minimags is trans-sonic from a 16"

This is from a 4" barrel and 32 grain minimags. Hear the trans-sonic crack?

You can try out my suppressors if you want .22, 9mm, 45 and 30 cal. The most fun is the Bowers 9mm can on the FA Mac 11.
Let me know if your interested.
+1
The Bowers Vers 9S also suppresses a FA Uzi nicely but I still get a big kick out of shooting my Ruger American .22 LR with a Sparrow or Spectre on it. It's stupid quiet.

I'm also willing share.

Recently purchased a Liberty Cosmic .45 suppressor. Now the dreaded weight. I had briefly used a .30 on a .22lr and found it quieted things a fair bit despite the bigger hole. My reasoning: rebuildable so you can shoot cast bullets, .45 ACP and .45 colt are generally subsonic and something I'd trust for defense and short range hunting. Since I can use this on basically all my guns even if not the most optimal it seemed like a good choice for me. Now to get a .45 ACP contender and some better sights on the 1911..

Thought I'd update my own thread.

Saw a post on FB by my local FFL dude that he has (2) Silencerco Sparrows in stock for $399 which seems about the best price I've seen. Anyway, I don't have the $$ yet, but I've done a lot of business with him so asked if he would hold one for me with a deposit until next month - he happily agreed!

So my decision on the first suppressor is made - Silencerco Sparrow. I'll get the paperwork rolling in a month, then eventually get my trust set up and move it there - I'd prefer to have the trust set up first, but the timing didn't quite work that way. No biggie, we'll get it sorted.

Finally getting this suppressor ball rolling!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top