JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the good news of the 114 hearing getting pushed back and E-File getting decent returns. Help me spend money! I'm leaning towards the Dead Air Nomad, but it's not in stock.

Needs
Rated up to 300PRC
Swappable caps to double as 556
Preferably less than 10oz for hunting

Go
It is slightly heavier than 10oz, and despite being rated for 308, it calms my 556 down better than my friends RC2, but take a look at the Rex Silentium MG7 Gen9.

With the good news of the 114 hearing getting pushed back and E-File getting decent returns. Help me spend money! I'm leaning towards the Dead Air Nomad, but it's not in stock.

Needs
Rated up to 300PRC
Swappable caps to double as 556
Preferably less than 10oz for hunting

Go
The Nomad 30 and the L are OOS here but the Ti is available

There definitely seems to be a run on cans. 50% to 60% + of the .30 cal cans are OOS on Capitol Armory and Silencer Shop. Even higher percentage OOS for cans less than $1,000. Geez...what happened? Production delays? Unprepared for quicker approvals?

I wasn't getting good vibes from the local FFL who just pointed to the SS Kiosk. I was already planning to go with Silencer Shop anyway because of their selection and ease of processing, but because of this unhelpful SS Approved dealer, I changed my mind to Capital Armory. However, now everything I want is OOS at both places.

Guess I picked a bad time to buy a can.

Any Willamette Valley suppressor dealers who have the process nailed down if I decide to pursue the local route?

They only have the TI in bare metal. Now I'm kicking around the idea of the LT.
I equate buying cans to buying a car on payments. Once you have made your last payment how many people turn around and buy a new car....

I'm gonna not tease you because I just picked up my last 2 outstanding cans this week. So I cannot look at the catalog (Ooooo shiny things!!). I'm leaving now!

There definitely seems to be a run on cans. 50% to 60% + of the .30 cal cans are OOS on Capitol Armory and Silencer Shop. Even higher percentage OOS for cans less than $1,000. Geez...what happened? Production delays? Unprepared for quicker approvals?

I wasn't getting good vibes from the local FFL who just pointed to the SS Kiosk. I was already planning to go with Silencer Shop anyway because of their selection and ease of processing, but because of this unhelpful SS Approved dealer, I changed my mind to Capital Armory. However, now everything I want is OOS at both places.

Guess I picked a bad time to buy a can.

Any Willamette Valley suppressor dealers who have the process nailed down if I decide to pursue the local route?
My Silencer Shop dealer thinks he has to do an Oregon NICS check. I think he's not doing that anymore, but I still don't like him. He also won't do 3-day release, even for CHL. Fortunately, my last can had an instant, but he wasn't going to do a three day release had it not been.

I equate buying cans to buying a car on payments. Once you have made your last payment how many people turn around and buy a new car....

I'm gonna not tease you because I just picked up my last 2 outstanding cans this week. So I cannot look at the catalog (Ooooo shiny things!!). I'm leaving now!
Good thing I buy my cars in cash.

My Silencer Shop dealer thinks he has to do an Oregon NICS check. I think he's not doing that anymore, but I still don't like him. He also won't do 3-day release, even for CHL. Fortunately, my last can had an instant, but he wasn't going to do a three day release had it not been.
Capitol Armory does have a process to deliver the can to your door. Takes 10-14 days to do the paperwork and I am pretty sure that Oregon (and WA I think) residents can use that process. But call CA in Austin TX and ask them exactly how that will work for you (owner's name is Torrey). Best part about them is that you can set up an account with them and they have your prints, picture, a copy of your trust (if using), etc. Once you purchase and have them use your file they fill out all the paperwork and and send it off for you. Easy Peasey. I have used SS before and been disappointed in their CS.

Form 4 individuals?
Yes. A bunch have been less than a week. Usually not trusts (of course), but individuals. My two came in at 4.5 months, but the short ones are very recent. Saw one guy who did the paperwork on Sunday and got a call on Tuesday!

If one is on the fence, hop off it!

From a member at Snipers Hide.
So buddy is an SOT who got an email from the atf and supposedly the fast approval times are because ATF is switching to a regular 4473 background check for form 4s. His shop has had every one of their form 4s approved that is over 2 weeks old and personally saw 2 different people with 12 day approvals and heard a story of a neighboring shop having a 30 minute approval time on one guy. I'm assuming there is some merit to this because we went to order some more suppressors for the shop today and damn near everything is out of stock.

Meanwhile, per silencer shop's processing times as of today individual filing median wait times are an insane unheard of 19 days! The mere fact that the median wait times are dwindling very quickly just in the last week alone, means they are really processing MOST of the individual filings within a week! Trusts have barely moved still 5-6 months@ 162 days median wait time. I said screw it, and bought another suppressor as individual filing (scythe) while my trusts (Enticer LTI and Q erector) are still processing at nearly 3 months wait now.

img_9136-jpg.jpg

From a member at Snipers Hide.
So buddy is an SOT who got an email from the atf and supposedly the fast approval times are because ATF is switching to a regular 4473 background check for form 4s. His shop has had every one of their form 4s approved that is over 2 weeks old and personally saw 2 different people with 12 day approvals and heard a story of a neighboring shop having a 30 minute approval time on one guy. I'm assuming there is some merit to this because we went to order some more suppressors for the shop today and damn near everything is out of stock.

Meanwhile, per silencer shop's processing times as of today individual filing median wait times are an insane unheard of 19 days! The mere fact that the median wait times are dwindling very quickly just in the last week alone, means they are really processing MOST of the individual filings within a week! Trusts have barely moved still 5-6 months@ 162 days median wait time. I said screw it, and bought another suppressor as individual filing (scythe) while my trusts (Enticer LTI and Q erector) are still processing at nearly 3 months wait now.

View attachment 1838487
Wow, I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top