JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first AR is the psa pistol with the 11.5 inch barrel. I wanted a weapon that I didn't have to rack alot and had great capacity and I could teach lancelot my trunk munky to load the mags while handing me barley pops and keeping the door locked.

Redundancy is best practice for any system your life may depend on. Suggest a spare rifle, spare bolt carrier group (SOLGW or Sionics), gas rings, and a LPK for spare parts..

The spare AR could be a pistol if you want a shorter OAL for indoor situations.
Yeah best to have redundant parts. I have multiple bolts per barrel based on likely barrel life. The stainless barrels only have one spare bolt since they will cash out early. The chrome-lined and more so my CHF barrels have more spare bolts.

But also great to have a bunch of high wear or easily lost pins and springs. And the right tools so maintaining them is not a crapshoot.

Wait until you find out that they make AR's in tons of other fun calibers...like 9mm and 308.

And oh boy is .308 a great caliber for putting down bad guys in a rural environment...like a homestead, farm, ranch, etc...when you don't have to worry about lugging around massive amounts of ammo. :)

Just brought home my psa ar15 pistol. Now I need to read the literature that came with the rifle and prep it for use. Cleaning, lubrication,final assembly and getting familiar with all the controls and safety features. Happy spring to all

People take for granted just how adaptable and good the AR-15 is. The AR-15 is well supported in the aftermarket, accurate, reliable, and easy to wield. That is a lot!

With most other autoloaders you will spend hours searching Numrich for parts, fussing w/ magazines that don't work, researching workarounds for various issues, and agonizing over expensive ammo. That's not to say those guns don't have their place, but the AR-15 is the one (1) rifle to have if you could only have one (1). At least, in this country.

If you're new to the platform, probably worth getting some training from a reputable instructor. Having the tool is great, but gear does not make one ready to survive a violent encounter - training and mental preparedness do. Worth studying up on Jeff Cooper's Combat Mindset if you haven't done so already.

If you're new to the platform, probably worth getting some training from a reputable instructor. Having the tool is great, but gear does not make one ready to survive a violent encounter - training and mental preparedness do. Worth studying up on Jeff Cooper's Combat Mindset if you haven't done so already.
I took the, "Run The Gun" class for my AR15 and got a lot of good information out of that class.

Just brought home my psa ar15 pistol. Now I need to read the literature that came with the rifle and prep it for use. Cleaning, lubrication,final assembly and getting familiar with all the controls and safety features. Happy spring to all
So is it a pistol or a rifle? It's not a small detail, certainly in the legal sense, especially if the intent to shoulder it is present

Here's a good lube chart. Your pistol obviously won't be exactly the same. L=light, G=Generous. My experience is it is best not to use exotic oils/lubes.
tB9vWDo.jpg

1iH3IBF.jpg

In regards to lube / oil....
From my experience of using the M16 series / CAR-15 / M4 in actual combat and combat conditions...
Too much lube / oil will attract dirt , grit , sand and such ...which can cause issues.
Andy

I just dissasemble the bcg, spray and soak with Barisol, wipe dry. I use a scraper tool for built up carbon if needed. Same with the upper..spray, soak, wipe dry. I do a couple sprays in the lower/trigger area but otherwise leave it alone. For the barrel I run few patches soaked with barisol, let it soak a bit, then run some dry patches.

After cleaning ill put a few drops of oil on the bcg surfaces, reassemble and gtg.

Barisol is my friend.

When your buddy (or some rando on social media) says "I have AK-47, just use peanut butter sandwich for lube", just smile and nod your head until he drifts on to another topic, usually boobs. Otherwise you are in for a lengthy discussion about how the 7.62x39 will destroy a tank or bring down an F22 with a single shot. Boobs and fart jokes are far less painful.

When your buddy (or some rando on social media) says "I have AK-47, just use peanut butter sandwich for lube", just smile and nod your head until he drifts on to another topic, usually boobs. Otherwise you are in for a lengthy discussion about how the 7.62x39 will destroy a tank or bring down an F22 with a single shot. Boobs and fart jokes are far less painful.
Boobs and x39 are two great things! Wait, three great things...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top