JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, we all gotta remember that when we're jumping out of the landing craft and crawling thru the sand on the beach to seek cover. or crawling thru the mud in Ukraine or drop our weapon in the sand/dirt in the Middle East. :(
Yeah....not my point.

My point...
Over lube / over oil will attract dirt , grit , sand etc...
I know this from real world experience......not from playing around at a range for a You Tube video.
Andy

Yeah....not my point.

My point...
Over lube / over oil will attract dirt , grit , sand etc...
I know this from real world experience......not from playing around at a range for a You Tube video.
Andy
Not nearly the level of experience you have, however I'll note that my cleanest guns happen to be my hunting rifles... They also have the least amount of lube on em and the most amount of dirty environment exposure...

Thanks for the info on lubrication and the rest. Got 4 30 round magazines loaded with green tip 556. And a 2.5 x 40 optic that needs to be mounted on the weapon for increased range and versatility

Yeah, we all gotta remember that when we're jumping out of the landing craft and crawling thru the sand on the beach to seek cover. or crawling thru the mud in Ukraine or drop our weapon in the sand/dirt in the Middle East.
Well,. I probably won't be doing any of that either. But I think it's good advice to keep them clean in dry environments. I keep my AR's pretty wet because I don't use them in dry, dusty places and running them wet makes them a lot easier to clean later after firing.

Wait until you find out that they make AR's in tons of other fun calibers...like 9mm and 308.

And oh boy is .308 a great caliber for putting down bad guys in a rural environment...like a homestead, farm, ranch, etc...when you don't have to worry about lugging around massive amounts of ammo. :)
I heartily concur on the .308. And you can also get them in handy sizes suitable for any occasion. ;)

30D821D1-A732-4FA9-B4EB-528A739CE591.jpeg

12.5" .308 has double the muzzle energy of a 10.5" .223 and 65% more than a 8.5" 300 BLK. All can do the job however. Thank goodness that at least until September Oregonians have freedom of choice! I suggest exercising that freedom before the permit system and mag ban come crashing down.

View: https://youtu.be/rimpnVuXZa0?si=kxoBUocFcBt28ifK
Interesting little 300 BLK (8.5")

80777792-DA5B-4223-9599-E4483A16B9B5.jpeg

Last Edited:
I travel threw salem a few times a week, what's with all the Mexicans selling flowers and oranges? I also seen them it stayton and on the major roads to silverton. Bet I seen 40+ people selling on the side of the roads in 1day. I too just bought my first ar15, I had one for work but turned it back in when I quite
Yea they have turned up overnight here also. I'm guessing it's meth sales? Maybe fentanyl? I mean I saw 2 tiny tables with 1 bag each.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top