JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im an SOT.. I would check out the silencerco scythe TI, diligent defense enticer L-TI, or the AB raptor 8 stack or 10 stack. All those cans outperform the nomad on my 300 PRC and they are quieter than the TBAC ultra 7 according to a couple friends. Silencer central seems on the face convenient, but people online report that there is multiple week delays both during the submittal of paperwork, and at the end once you are approved

Im an SOT.. I would check out the silencerco scythe TI, diligent defense enticer L-TI, or the AB raptor 8 stack or 10 stack. All those cans outperform the nomad on my 300 PRC and they are quieter than the TBAC ultra 7 according to a couple friends. Silencer central seems on the face convenient, but people online report that there is multiple week delays both during the submittal of paperwork, and at the end once you are approved
Too late. Ordered from Capital Armory.

from Snipers Hide---

If you're a hunter, getting a can 9 months sooner could mean another season or 2. I was hoping to have mine by October, this year but wasn't banking on it. Now I've got it for spring bear and fall season. I'd have paid $200 for that without a thought.
This is exactly what I did for my Hybrid 46.. which got approved in 3 days.
All my other cans are in a trust.

Last Edited:
$200 and paper filing. Easy peeeezy.
So basically... As I understand it...

You can purchase individually now ($200 tax stamp) and potentially get it quicker, then pay another $200 tax stamp later to put it in a trust...
Or
You can purchase in a trust now ($200 tax stamp), save yourself the additional tax stamp later, but wait longer for your suppressor...

Correct?

Last Edited:
So basically... As I understand it...

You can purchase individually now ($200 tax stamp) and potentially get it quicker, then pay another $200 tax stamp later to put it in a trust...
Or
You can purchase in a trust now ($200 tax stamp), save yourself the additional tax stamp later, but wait longer for your suppressor...

Correct?
Yes

And no guarantees that your individual form ends up being quicker than if you had done a trust.
Well not quite. No guarantee that you'll be able to go shoot on St Patrick's Day but as a general rule individuals have habitually been faster than a trust. But maybe a trust these days will be back in 5 months or so. Its always been a crap shoot but one can hope.

Well not quite. No guarantee that you'll be able to go shoot on St Patrick's Day but as a general rule individuals have habitually been faster than a trust. But maybe a trust these days will be back in 5 months or so. Its always been a crap shoot but one can hope.
Yep, it is just a complete crap shoot. I have had anywhere from one week (part of a batch approval) to 12-months. For the most part though, my trust approvals have come back at 5-months. For a while, you could damn near set a calendar reminder for 5-months on the dot. When e-forms first came out I got a bunch in under a month that were all trusts. Now it has been averaging between 4 to 6 months on the last couple.

And no guarantees that your individual form ends up being quicker than if you had done a trust.
True. I was expecting it to be a year anyway, so anything quicker is icing on the cake. Plus, the top three contenders on my suppressor list are out of stock. Either way, it looks like I'm going to have to wait.

You buy the can, pay the tax and just forget about it for a while. I'll put a note on my iPhone calendar (usually 5 months). Stressing on it does absolutely nothing. I always chuckle as people are counting the days, like that will hurry the ATF up in any way. I've never be able to so why bother. Of course, as of last week my last 2 cans were finally able to come to their forever home. But maybe I need at least one more...........

The easiest way to deal with the waiting is to put your time and effort into researching and buying the next can, then the next can after that and so on till the first one magically has its stamp approved. Pretty soon you have a stamp/can coming home every month!

I bought the SilencerCo Omega 46 as my last can, I hope. First was a .22 then bought a 9mm...the Omega covers everything else. I have the ASR mounts on my 300 BO, 5.56, and my RPR 6.5 CM. I think I'm done. Hard to believe the wait times are that short though!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top