JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think everyone is missing the 800lb gorilla in the room. Every time that someone makes the observation that this ban or that ban didn't prevent a shooting, it's just ramping up the lefty logic that since bans don't do anything then the obvious answer is across the board confiscation.
It's just like people in Washington speculating about this bs grandfather clause in regard to magazine capacity is just a ruse and when nothing changes they will just turn around and say "OK now all of them are outlawed, turn them in or face prosecution" Some speculate that this was the plan the whole time.

Article on threat to kill his family.

Article about him being kicked out of a synagogue earlier blocks away from the shooting.

The question was asked :
Who is at fault here ?

The shooter is at fault...he is the one who murdered those people.
It was his choices and actions that did this.

There are many folks who have suffered from bullying , poor parenting , feelings of poor self worth , PTSD , Depression , etc...
And have never harmed anyone , even if they are firearm owners / have access to firearms.

Bans , restrictions and the like will not keep things like this shooting from happening.

If someone has the willingness to murder others , so as to solve whatever issues plague them...
Then they will do so , no matter what the law or ban says or does.
Andy
I agree the shooters at fault but just because people are over 18 doesn't mean that those 18 years of upbringing didn't mold the person into who they are or have a chance to get that person the help they need. I'm a contractor I give out a lot of estimates I meet a lot of people and I earn my customers so I have a massive amount of repeat customers. One customer I worked for several times over a handful of years. it was a white couple he was a Marine drill sergeant. they adopted two young black kids from Africa and he ran their lives like a drill sergeant but in the kindness most uplifting way but wanted as close to perfection as they could do. both were the most exception hardworking kids I've ever seen by double at least. Last I heard they graduated high school two years early and the family sold their house and moved closer to a college where they both got scholarships. The closest thing I've ever seen do it what is the movie King Richard. Your upbringing has a lot to do with who you are and what your made of.

I agree the shooters at fault but just because people are over 18 doesn't mean that those 18 years of upbringing didn't mold the person into who they are or have a chance to get that person the help they need. I'm a contractor I give out a lot of estimates I meet a lot of people and I earn my customers so I have a massive amount of repeat customers. One customer I worked for several times over a handful of years. it was a white couple he was a Marine drill sergeant. they adopted two young black kids from Africa and he ran their lives like a drill sergeant but in the kindness most uplifting way but wanted as close to perfection as they could do. both were the most exception hardworking kids I've ever seen by double at least. Last I heard they graduated high school two years early and the family sold their house and moved closer to a college where they both got scholarships. The closest thing I've ever seen do it what is the movie King Richard. Your upbringing has a lot to do with who you are and what your made of.
All true.

However...
At the end of the day...we are defined by the choices we have made , not by our past or upbringing.

That said...
Our past experiences and upbringing , can influence our thinking and choices..
However one does not need to be defined by their past.
Andy

is it now time to mention how quiet it was out here on the 4th?
some fireworks, but only one neighbor shooting early in the morning
and no tattooed shooter dressed as a woman shooting at me as I worked my tomatoes

Looks like what one would expect: News is developing of a history of family fights, odd and unusual behavior in school as a youngster, prior arrests, weapons, and he was apparently known to the police authorities. Wondering if he was in juvenile court and or with court ordered mental health care and probation? Looks like this situation is similar to others where multiple agencies failed one way or another. There were two reported incidents of suicidal threat or events which would suggest he was taken to a psych unit/facility or taken into custody and then, evaluated. The quality of the evaluations is in question as well as ongoing care or probation? jmho

Last Edited:
"But despite the law being in place for two years, officials said it is rarely utilized."

"Illinois State Rep. Denyse Wang Stoneback sponsored legislation just last month to try and help educate residents on how they can use it."

Isn't that nice of the rep to educate people on how they can abuse red flag laws, it would've been good in this instance but do not tell me that people would not abuse the knowledge they would've gained from this most likely anti-gun representative from the govt. Do not think for one second that one of the motives for "teaching" people how to use red flag laws is not to try to encourage more individuals to rat people out so they can take more guns away from citizens. I have said it before and I will say it again; they want to make the average citizen a filthy Stasi informant..

Looks like what one would expect: News is developing of a history of family fights, odd and unusual behavior in school as a youngster, prior arrests, weapons, and he was apparently known to the police authorities. Wondering if he was in juvenile court and or with court ordered mental health care and probation? Looks like this situation is similar to others where multiple agencies failed one way or another. There were two reported incidents of suicidal threat or events which would suggest he was taken to a psych unit/facility or taken into custody and then, evaluated. The quality of the evaluations is in question as well as ongoing care or probation? jmho
Yep, nothing can be done so just take everyone's guns away…. :rolleyes:

Red flag laws=yawn. There is no law that can prevent an act of evil. Those that want to commit violence will commit violence.

The best solution is for non-evil individuals to be armed and able to defend themselves without having to jump to through hoops and political red tape.
My Sig365 isn't going to do much against a rooftop shooter with an AR. Not much to be done in this situation by any individual except know when to run when you're outgunned.

My Sig365 isn't going to do much against a rooftop shooter with an AR. Not much to be done in this situation by any individual except know when to run when you're outgunned.
I was up at SAA in Tacoma when the instructors from Wa State Police came in and picked up several thousands rounds of 7.62x39
after a shooting in Dallas, where officers ran towards the sound of fire, only to find out their ballistic vest wouldn't stop X39 ammo
Washington State now teach their officers what a 7.62x39 sounds like
something my son learned when he was 6

I'm glad we don't paint everyone with the same brush….. this coming from someone who is heavily tattooed.
Most tattoos are fine, it's the guys with tattoos like the shooter that you see in the news and go, "yup..."

Maybe I should clarify, I'm not surprised by someone's actions when they look like that.

You have to wonder what idiot decided to sell him a gun looking like that. Parents should have red flagged him a long time ago.
If this kid was in school with developmental mental problems that effected his studies, a school psychology evaluation was likely ordered. Many comprehensive eval screen for depression, suicide and sadistic behavior towards animals. Many schools uses teacher to make a judgement on special education and guess what happens to many. My guess several agencies fouled up; including his parents from what we know in the news.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top