JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
does the NRA still sponsor HIgh Power Military Match competition in Washington State?
I pulled out my 3 Military Match rifles yesterday:
NM M1 Garand
Colt AR15 A2 HBAR
NM M1A

2 out of 3 are now restricted for new shooters to purchase in Washington
I noted the M1A, even in a walnut stock with 22" bbl, is now listed as an evil assault rifle?!??!
are out of state shooters allowed to bring their rifles into the state?
I used to see shooters from all over the Western States competing in Washington

in the early '90s, CMP used to offer surplus Military 30-06 ammo at rifle matches for our Garands and Springfields
just after Clinton took power in '93, Hillery insisted the military surplus ammo not be issued or sold by the CMP
according to Hillary, CMP was nothing more that training camps for Domestic Terroist

TCMSA in the tri cities still does monthly high power matchs. You can check the calendar on the web site for dates. It just outside of Pasco.
at 73, I'm not shooting HP anylonger, but I do enjoy watching the matches
it will be interesting to see what shooters are using in Washington now
I switched from Garand to M1A, then to AR15A2 HBAR in '93
back then the old shooters called it a Mouse Gun, but i could outshoot most of them with 69 gn handloads in the Colt

in the early '90s, CMP used to offer surplus Military 30-06 ammo at rifle matches for our Garands and Springfields
just after Clinton took power in '93, Hillery insisted the military surplus ammo not be issued or sold by the CMP
according to Hillary, CMP was nothing more that training camps for Domestic Terroist
CMP is selling ammo.
👍👍

I guess Hillery was over ridden under Bill's watch - I was out of CMP shooting by '96

CMP service rifle matches are what many consider to be the most boiled-down contests of rifle marksmanship that exist. The CMP, which stands for Civilian Marksmanship Program, hosts and sponsors hundreds of national matches each year across the country. The CMP is a 501(c)(3) organization with a federal charter that receives federal funding.
A law passed in 1996 provided funding and mandated the creation of the CMP with the purpose of promoting gun safety and marksmanship to citizens and especially youth. Conducting competitions is central to that mission and one of the best tools that CMP has in its arsenal to perform its mission.

how does 1240 affect CMP matches, since several rifles used in these matches are mow banned in Washington state
I'm still trying to figure out how a Springfield Armory NM M1A is classified as an evil assault rifle
not even California does that

1693774634645.png

LOL......the EVIL bayonet lug?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....
1693774761238.png

LOL.......BUT, But, but......mine does.
Ooops.......never mind that I said that.
sinking-boat2.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS.........

back in the Day, REAL MEN shot with iron sights only
Yup.....I quit.....right about when the ARs were showing up more and more.

Last Edited:
1693775972645.png

Shuuush........Don't tell!!!

Actually, I sold that one, a while back.

Aloha, Mark

PS....and I have a Match black fiberglass stock for it (M1a).

Does that make it more deadly? Or just more undesirable. Because it shows a RACIST view?

1693776242666.png

Last Edited:
WAIT a second.....is it because, it's so easy to convert? A little bit of mods (maybe paint) and Viola! EVIL.

View attachment 1481066

BTW, I don't own that one.

Aloha, Mark
I like the walnut stock on ours, but that's a pretty rig - but how much does it weigh?
since the M1A is already classified as an assault rifle, why could one NOT put on a Troy Chassis today
does 1240 say you can't make MORE of an assault rifle?

this is what i was looking for
if you are a member of an out of state rifle club, you can travel to Washington to compete and the Washington Attorney general can go pound sand!!

OUT-OF-STATE COMPETITORS, PLEASE NOTE: For Washington State Championship and District Championship matches, where WSRPA
membership is required, membership in your state association is recognized by WSRPA as fulfilling that requirement. Just show your current, home state association
membership card at registration. However, WSRPA membership IS required for eligibility in WSRPA "leg" matches. Thank you

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top