JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A game camera, somewhere in Eastern Oregon.

1691607316870.png

Any time a "liber-progressive" tells me I don't "need" something, that means I need at least six of whatever that thing is.
My reply to comments like "nobody needs [insert scary gun-related thing here]" is:

Our needs are dictated by our individual circumstances and the environment we find ourselves in from one moment to the next. Those needs are not static; they can (and do) change, often without warning. So what you need tomorrow may be completely different than what you need today, and what you need now may be completely different from what you need an hour from now.

Right now you don't "need" a generator because you have power service to your home. However, if your power goes out suddenly a generator is higher on the list of needs, and the longer it takes for power to be restored, the greater the need for a generator becomes.

You don't "need" an emergency food supply because there are dozens of grocery stores nearby with fresh food readily available. However, when store shelves suddenly go bare due to disruptions in the supply chain, food suddenly becomes higher on the list of needs, and the longer food is inaccessible, the greater the need for an emergency food supply becomes.

Someone might not see the value in having an AR-15, "high capacity" magazines, suppressors, etc., and that's fine - nobody is asking them to own these things. I, however, DO see that value, because I recognize that the world we live in is constantly changing, and what is safe and secure now may not be tomorrow. My responsibility is to protect myself and my family, and if I wait until bad things happen to prepare for those bad things, I will never be able to do it. You can't buy home insurance when your house is on fire - you have to buy the insurance beforehand.

My reply to comments like "nobody needs [insert scary gun-related thing here]" is:

Our needs are dictated by our individual circumstances and the environment we find ourselves in from one moment to the next. Those needs are not static; they can (and do) change, often without warning. So what you need tomorrow may be completely different than what you need today, and what you need now may be completely different from what you need an hour from now.

Right now you don't "need" a generator because you have power service to your home. However, if your power goes out suddenly a generator is higher on the list of needs, and the longer it takes for power to be restored, the greater the need for a generator becomes.

You don't "need" an emergency food supply because there are dozens of grocery stores nearby with fresh food readily available. However, when store shelves suddenly go bare due to disruptions in the supply chain, food suddenly becomes higher on the list of needs, and the longer food is inaccessible, the greater the need for an emergency food supply becomes.

Someone might not see the value in having an AR-15, "high capacity" magazines, suppressors, etc., and that's fine - nobody is asking them to own these things. I, however, DO see that value, because I recognize that the world we live in is constantly changing, and what is safe and secure now may not be tomorrow. My responsibility is to protect myself and my family, and if I wait until bad things happen to prepare for those bad things, I will never be able to do it. You can't buy home insurance when your house is on fire - you have to buy the insurance beforehand.
Honestly, you could've distilled your reply to, "no one needs a useless whiney little bítch, yet here you are".

;) :D

Last Edited:
You need what you need...not what someone else says you need or....chooses for you.

Something important to consider here... Is that the 2nd Amendment does not place limits on "Arms".
It does not specify what Arms are to be kept or what Arms to bear...
It simply says after that oft overlooked second comma :
"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Nowhere the text of the 2nd Amendment does it state that one has to provide a need in order to keep and bear Arms...
Or limit those Arms to certain types and only for specific purposes.
Therefore...one should own whatever Arms one wants to own...or not own.
Just don't make that choice for others.
Andy

I also struggle to understand the logic that private citizens need to be restricted in magazine capacity, while law enforcement officers, who are highly trained and in constant contact with multiple additional highly trained officers who will respond immediately to any officer in distress call, do need "high capacity" magazines. 🤔

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top