JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn. The creeping crud continues to creep. Glad to hear this fella walked away from the encounter. Eugene seems to be getting nastier by the day. Has Portland emptied its asylums??? :s0092:
I don't think they are emptying, just full up and slopping over. Now you know why my truck gun went from a 5 shot 38 Special to a 15 shot 40 S&W with 2 spare magazines. IMHO it's been bad for awhile.

It's interesting, I can't find any news on this.

I don't think they are emptying, just full up and slopping over. Now you know why my truck gun went from a 5 shot 38 Special to a 15 shot 40 S&W with 2 spare magazines. IMHO it's been bad for awhile.
I'm guessing there's a reason solv3nt can't find any news on this. Last thing they want over at the U-O is mom and dad looking at Corvallis because Eugene is too scary. Well it's getting bad everywhere I suppose, but I remember when you could walk down a street in Eugene at 3AM with a fat wad of cash in your pocket and nobody would bother you. Looks like my truck gun is getting an upgrade. My .40 SUB2K fits nicely in the map pocket...

It's been on the news, I just posted the Sheriffs Flashnet post. Same place the talking heads get their information. Anyone can subscribe to the Flashnet. I'm on the neighborhood watch so like to know what's going on bigger picture-wise.

It's been on the news, I just posted the Sheriffs Flashnet post. Same place the talking heads get their information. Anyone can subscribe to the Flashnet. I'm on the neighborhood watch so like to know what's going on bigger picture-wise.
I haven't seen anything on any local Eugene news sites about it either. One should not have to do the media's job for them, IMHO. YMMV.

I'd be upgrading to 10mil. Maybe even that new Stribog 10mil pcc with a couple 30rd mags AT LEAST

I don't really get those other reasons personally, but if you like yourself a $600+ monthly bill for the latest truck with all the bells and whistles, as long as you can afford it you do you, no judgement from me.
I did not want to suffer with monthly payments, so when I bought a brand new 4x4 pickup last year, I did it with one payment. Writing one check is less hassle than 60.

Save yer money. Other than that, I don't know what to tell ya

I did not want to suffer with monthly payments, so when I bought a brand new 4x4 pickup last year, I did it with one payment. Writing one check is less hassle than 60.

Save yer money. Other than that, I don't know what to tell ya
It's fun buying a new vehicle outright from a dealership. The loan guy was squirming like a toad. He did not want the check we brought. Almost felt sorry for the guy . Almost

Cash scares them too. Several managers gathered around, as you count it out then one of them has to count it out, then everyone has to sign that they received $XX,XXX from you. Makes for a quiet group, lots of perspiration too….

:s0140:

I didn't shop at the Eugene Toyota dealer for that very reason.
My wife ordered this car , and we honestly didn't care which location it was delivered to. You know they still stuck us with a salesman for 2 hours, not sure how that was supposed to change things. That guy was pretty cool. Once he walked us over to the " closer" I got to dance the dance.

My wife ordered this car , and we honestly didn't care which location it was delivered to. You know they still stuck us with a salesman for 2 hours, not sure how that was supposed to change things. That guy was pretty cool. Once he walked us over to the " closer" I got to dance the dance.
Grants Pass Toyota is a "low price" dealer, so the price is the price. Both purchases were specific vehicles that were difficult to locate, so I just paid the price. In the end, even if it was a few grand more, over the life of the vehicle, it's pennies.

Grants Pass Toyota is a "low price" dealer, so the price is the price. Both purchases were specific vehicles that were difficult to locate, so I just paid the price. In the end, even if it was a few grand more, over the life of the vehicle, it's pennies.
images.jpeg-283.jpg

You know they can change the badges for you later, right?

I can't play the big-money game like some of you all, but some years back I bought a used Toyota minivan for the family. I hate payments so I took along some folding money that we had saved up. It was a few years old with a lot of miles, so it was under $5k; we're still driving it, btw. Crazy to think you could get a decent used vehicle for that cheap just 14 years ago...

I'm not a negotiator, really don't like the dickering game, but that time was kind of fun. It was a good deal on a solid rig, but we pinch pennies hard so I thought I'd see if they could do better. It was a Sunday afternoon and I was fine with coming back the next day, but once I mentioned that I had an envelope full of actual green cash, they were not going to let me out of that office without making a deal. It was funny; they really wanted that cash, and I ended up getting several hundred dollars off an already good price.

I can't play the big-money game like some of you all, but some years back I bought a used Toyota minivan for the family. I hate payments so I took along some folding money that we had saved up. It was a few years old with a lot of miles, so it was under $5k; we're still driving it, btw. Crazy to think you could get a decent used vehicle for that cheap just 14 years ago...
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Money doesn't buy happiness.

Two of his brand new tires got shot out.
Are those covered under Les Schwab's road hazard replacement warranty?

I am doing well for myself and i drive a 98 ram.
This morning, I drove by the Nazarene Church food bank and the shiny, newer cars were lined up by the dozens. At a glance, I didn't noticed anything near as old as my 2006 Mercury.

Yet we make enough money we could be driving real nice rigs.
Better that people think you're struggling. "Look at that poor old many driving his old car." They will be less likely to ask you for something. You are less likely to be a target of car jacking.

I never understood the draw to buy new cars at new car prices. I am happy with a 20 year old rig as long as it runs right.
That's my current plan.

I largely attribute that to my used 30 year old cars that cost me nothing but fuel and maintenance to operate.
I've made good choices in vehicles, and if they need something I have the time to fool with them now.

Detectives are actively working to locate and arrest the second suspect.
I was going to say, "Look for the white puke in Cali" but a later post says they found him. Locally. I guess they aren't from Cali anymore.

One thing about buying a new car vs a used one. Warranty. I figured when I was working and needed a car every day I needed to have 10 grand in the bank and the time to fix whatever broke by the next day to get to work.
Well said. I drove a 1966 Ford Fairlane (bought used) for about 25 years. Many an evening was spent rolling around on the ground under the car so I would have a ride to work the next morning. In 2005 (at age 55) I bought the first new car of my life. Boy what a relief is was to not have to "get out and get under" anymore. Plus, I was looking forward to some long drives in my retirement, which was a couple of years away. Now that "new" car is 20 years old; I just changed to collector car insurance because I don't drive it much anymore, but it's still in excellent condition. I'm trying to save it, I guess.

I drove the 66 Ford Fairlane so long, that by the time I sold it, it had collector value and I got a lot more money out of it than I paid, plus all the miles driven.

I had this theory that the environmental cost of changing cars every so many years was higher than keeping an old fuel inefficient car going a longer time Meaning, the amount of energy and materials that go into making a new car has a higher environmental impact than most people realize. This concept is kind of like the idea that electric vehicles are "Green." The source of energy has merely been moved farther away.

I'm not a negotiator, really don't like the dickering game, but that time was kind of fun. It was a good deal on a solid rig, but we pinch pennies hard so I thought I'd see if they could do better. It was a Sunday afternoon and I was fine with coming back the next day, but once I mentioned that I had an envelope full of actual green cash, they were not going to let me out of that office without making a deal. It was funny; they really wanted that cash, and I ended up getting several hundred dollars off an already good price.
Oh, and to stay on topic, I bought that van at a used car lot in Springfield, just across the freeway from Eugene, where the incident in the OP took place. I'm glad there were no armed juvenile delinquents present when I had that much cash on my person.

:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top