JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some go straight to "if you can't hit every time the answer is not more ammo but more training, you're not fit to carry if you can't do the job with one shot."
If only that where true and could be applied to procreation of the blue hordes that would be ignorant enough to make a statement like that.

Live what you preach! :s0140:

In a free society, one does NOT have to establish a "need" before one exercises a right. It's the Bill of Rights...not the Bill of Needs.

Not to mention, asking, "why does anyone need a gun/AR15," is a completely ASININE question given the things we've seen transpire in recent times...

1) LA Riots where police stood down and completely abdicated the rule of law to the mob. We saw Korean shop keepers use these so called "Assault Weapons" to defend their lives, their businesses and their families from dangerous mobs when the police were NOWHERE to be found.

2) Katrina - Where the police were actively confiscating weapons from law abiding citizens and leaving them defenseless and alone to face the roving bands of looting mobs

3) The 2020 Summer of Love - Where just about every major city in our country was on fire at some point and once again our political and police leaders stood down and completely abdicated the rule of law to the roving bands of rioting, looting, pillaging, murdering LEFTIST mobs.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head.
True facts!
I don't take to heart what the Talking Heads and their parrots say. I'm a big boy, survival is my #1 priority, I know my rights and I'll do what I want.
That's the American way. Get off my lawn!!!

Didn't read the whole thread, maybe already mentioned, but I understand the nearby (to La Grande) Five Points Pack was legally thinned by 4 recently.

We killed 2 over there. Not sure about 4 unless the ranchers got 2 more
The story was released on FB by Elkhorn Media Group. These stories are real short blurbs and they didn't say if it was ranchers; only that it was done by permit. It did sound like a special hunt tho. And I know that there is a state employed hunter here.... the only guy in the state that can hunt with dogs.

The state doesn't have state employee hunters anymore. Also anyone can act as a agent for a land owner that's had damage on there property from a couger or a bear and use use dogs to stop the damage.

When did that come about? Is the state "contracting" any hunters? Which is prolly what I meant anyway... not sure, it's been awhile since I talked to the guy that was doing it here.
Our agency is federal and we are contracted by the counties on a county by county basis. There where state trappers years ago but that program has been gone for some time here in oregon. Some states still use state employees to trap problem animals.

Some go straight to "if you can't hit every time the answer is not more ammo but more training, you're not fit to carry if you can't do the job with one shot."
So, does that engender the reply, "So cops need more training, too, then?"

Last Edited:
My reply to comments like "nobody needs [insert scary gun-related thing here]" is:

Our needs are dictated by our individual circumstances and the environment we find ourselves in from one moment to the next. Those needs are not static; they can (and do) change, often without warning. So what you need tomorrow may be completely different than what you need today, and what you need now may be completely different from what you need an hour from now.

Right now you don't "need" a generator because you have power service to your home. However, if your power goes out suddenly a generator is higher on the list of needs, and the longer it takes for power to be restored, the greater the need for a generator becomes.

You don't "need" an emergency food supply because there are dozens of grocery stores nearby with fresh food readily available. However, when store shelves suddenly go bare due to disruptions in the supply chain, food suddenly becomes higher on the list of needs, and the longer food is inaccessible, the greater the need for an emergency food supply becomes.

Someone might not see the value in having an AR-15, "high capacity" magazines, suppressors, etc., and that's fine - nobody is asking them to own these things. I, however, DO see that value, because I recognize that the world we live in is constantly changing, and what is safe and secure now may not be tomorrow. My responsibility is to protect myself and my family, and if I wait until bad things happen to prepare for those bad things, I will never be able to do it. You can't buy home insurance when your house is on fire - you have to buy the insurance beforehand.
WELL SAID MY FRIEND , WELL SAID!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Well, imagine if/when.....

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Washington Voters.....don't forget to thank your elected reps for the hi-cap magazine ban. Then, not to mention, the "safe storage laws".

Last Edited:
Well, imagine if/when.....

Aloha, Mark

PS.....Washington Voters.....don't forget to thank your elected reps for the hi-cap magazine ban. Then, not to mention, the "safe storage laws".
I'm sorry, but I could't get through all of the video. Let's take a 3 or 4 minute video and stretch it out to 15 minutes. I haven't seen this guy before, but I would rate him as an idiot.

I like the length of the video. The home invasion was over pretty quickly, so it was helpful for me to hear the commentary and see the video more than once.

The fact that the break-in, the shooting, and their hasty retreat all happened in about ten seconds is amazing. Not sure I could pry my eyes open that fast, once I'm sound asleep.

I like the length of the video. The home invasion was over pretty quickly, so it was helpful for me to hear the commentary and see the video more than once.

The fact that the break-in, the shooting, and their hasty retreat all happened in about ten seconds is amazing. Not sure I could pry my eyes open that fast, once I'm sound asleep.
Still could have been done in 3 minutes. You can also rewind to see it more than once. His comments seemed very obvious to me - not useful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top