JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0140:
I leaned to use the net on the old Usenet boards back when I first got online. Most of them were totally open, anyone could say anything. Only "filter" was your ISP is you got so out of hand but normally this was for spamming. I thought they were a ton of damn fun but many could not handle them for sure.
Those Bubbleguming Bubblegum Bubblegumer filters Bubblegumers can kiss my Bubblegum and Bubblegum the damn Bubbleguming Bubblegumers. Bubblegum that Bubblegum. I mean sheesh!

If I had to put it to a price range, I'd say $1500+ for handguns, $3000+ for rifles.
Price tags are a tricky metric to judge "high end". I bought a $1500 1911 that the sight fell off first time shooting it... and they tried to stake it back in place when I returned it. I ended up getting a full replacement.
I know someone who bought a custom order 1911 for about $4000 from a very well known reputable maker. It jammed every range session. They tried to tell him he was limp wristing it until the barrel broke. They replaced the barrel, and the new barrel broke. They gave a full refund. The whole process was around 2 years of wasted time.

To me I'm not certain how to define "high end"... I think of that as something hand made for a task. Could be a cheap 22 pistol for squirrels or a match grade rifle.

Quality of the build , fit and finish.
Quality of the parts used.
Warranty and customer service.

With all that said....
Polymer striker fired pistols....
Polymer stocked firearms...
AR15 type rifles...
AK47 copies....
No matter who made 'em or whatever high quality parts are used....won't be a high end firearm in my mind.

I understand that others will think differently...
It is just that plastic and stamped metal parts , don't do a damn thing for me.
Andy

If I can't see posts it's cause I've been put on ignore. My ignore list is and will always be empty.
thats my thinking too. Though I do come close to hitting that button sometimes.
I'll call ya on that Kimber and raise ya a KelTec!
If that Kel Tec is you're thing, have at it! My boy got one of those KelTec 9mm, plasticky, folding rifle things. He says it's a great little shooter. It would make a decent back-packing folder I'd think? If it doesn't break and you can putt hundreds of flawless rounds through it?

If that Kel Tec is you're thing, have at it! My boy got one of those KelTec 9mm, plasticky, folding rifle things. He says it's a great little shooter. It would make a decent back-packing folder I'd think? If it doesn't break and you can putt hundreds of flawless rounds through it?
They are a gun Co many love to hate. :s0092: I have been more than happy with them. For years I used to see them and was leery to try them due to price. Finally a sales guy talked me into trying a P-11 they don't make any more. Still often carry than one. When the little .32 hit I got on a waiting list for one. As soon as it came in and I tried it I was back on the list for another. Still have both of those. Bought 2 of the first model folding PCC's. The .40 I re homed. The 9 I still have and love. Have run untold cases of ammo through it. It has spent a lot of time traveling around in a laptop case with the laptop in there too. No one gives it a second glance. If I ever manage to wear it out and break it I will buy one of the newer versions of the same rifle.

At what point would you consider a gun to be "high end"? It's price? Level of quality regardless of price? Exclusivity, such as a run of 500 units only? Maybe it's tiers within a manufacturer such as the difference between a Springfield garrison 1911 and their TRP 1911...

I know $1000 isn't very high on the price tier for a 1911 but it's VERY high on the price for a polymer 9.

Just food for thought
A fancy design on the grip. 😉

Nobody thinks XDs are high end :mad:

1000002376.jpg

I have to ditto all those who say quality workmanship, materials, fit and finish etc. are the hallmarks of a 'high end' gun.

If you have never held, shot, inspected something like first year production Smith & Wesson's you have no idea of what 'high end' is - yet they ain't necessarily on the high end of price....

S&W.jpg

I have to ditto all those who say quality workmanship, materials, fit and finish etc. are the hallmarks of a 'high end' gun.

If you have never held, shot, inspected something like first year production Smith & Wesson's you have no idea of what 'high end' is - yet they ain't necessarily on the high end of price....

View attachment 1775524
I'll buy those off of you at the low end of price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top