JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At what point would you consider a gun to be "high end"? It's price? Level of quality regardless of price? Exclusivity, such as a run of 500 units only? Maybe it's tiers within a manufacturer such as the difference between a Springfield garrison 1911 and their TRP 1911...

I know $1000 isn't very high on the price tier for a 1911 but it's VERY high on the price for a polymer 9.

Just food for thought

Bro! It's all about the roll mark.

Couple that along with what the YouTube and social media operators say is cool/top end.

At what point would you consider a gun to be "high end"? It's price? Level of quality regardless of price? Exclusivity, such as a run of 500 units only? Maybe it's tiers within a manufacturer such as the difference between a Springfield garrison 1911 and their TRP 1911...

I know $1000 isn't very high on the price tier for a 1911 but it's VERY high on the price for a polymer 9.

Just food for thought
If I'm wanting to sell it = HIGH END

If I'm wanting to buy it = NOT

Quality - A gun that runs and I can trust my life with.

If it jams, malfunctions, has to be sent back to the factory, can't handle any kind of distress, torture, foreign debris, etc. I don't care how fancy it looks or how much it costs. It serves no purpose to me.

They are all working guns. Not safe queens. Atleast in my house.

I would say fit and finish, as well as materials used. Also how it feels and shoots. Case in point I have a Glock 32 and a Sig 229 both in 357 Sig. Both about the same size and hold 12 rounds. There is nothing wrong with the Glock and it shoots good. That being said, the Sig is made of steel, feels tighter and fits my hand better. It also shoots the exact same ammo as the Glock better. With tighter groups and faster shot to shot recovery I would say the Sig is a higher end gun over the Glock and worth the extra cost.

Any gun parts utilizing forgings will be more expensive and longer lasting than comparable cast parts. 1911s are a good example of this. Also finish processing. Some processes (like Chrome) are more expensive than others.

A lot of it simple economics. For example, PSA makes firearms by the boatload, so their costs are amortized. As volume goes up, price goes down. Cheaper doesn't always mean garbage when comparing like items.

Bear in mind a lot of "high end" brands you are paying for their marketing budget... The marginal utility from one brand to the next may not be reflected accurately in the price.

In my opinion, it's quality control.

An in-spec Anderson receiver will work just as well as an in-spec LMT or Knights or Daniel Defense receiver. But the latter brands' products are more likely to be in-spec by the time they get in the customer's hands, so I consider them to be more "high end".

In my opinion, it's quality control.

An in-spec Anderson receiver will work just as well as an in-spec LMT or Knights or Daniel Defense receiver. But the latter brands' products are more likely to be in-spec by the time they get in the customer's hands, so I consider them to be more "high end".
Yes QC plus hitting the right material specs like the companies you name. Though I suppose holding the right material specs could be a part of QC.

To me? High end would be something I would buy if I ever hit the lotto. Being a BIG 1911 fanboy I would have to have at least one "high end" one. Something in the realm of one of the ones that often go for 10K or so. NOT collector "pretty" as I only want one I can shoot. Now the high end one would of course not work any better than the ones I have but, with that kind of disposable income I would have to have at least one. :D

"High End" is entirely a subjective term that can be applied to numerous aspects of a firearm.

Of course, first of those aspects to come to mind may be price range. Many may believe this defines a "High End" gun.

It can also refer to condition. Collectors talking about one model of gun may use the term to describe that gun's condition as compared to others.

It can refer to function. There are numerous models of guns that have established reputations as "best" for the work they are expected to complete. Regardless of what they cost, their "High End Gun" status has been obtained in previous expectations always exceeded. (VERY often this is a gun NOT at top of the price range.)

It can refer merely to appearance (obviously superior fit and finish or adornments such as engraving, high grade wood or accoutrements).

It generally refers in all cases to a gun that is at the upper end of the spectrum.

But that spectrum is not always the same. :cool:

Just food for thought
The ability to look down one's nose as you brag about how good your knights armamanet AR is. (J/k)

Imo peopel put too much weight into what other poeple think. High end = quality for me. I could care less about price and name recognition by others. Fe some of the turn of the century German side by side shotguns will last several lifetimes and may be some of the best guns ever made. But they cost very little cuz everyone wants whatever brand their father had and they know little about them.

Recently had a chance to purchase this double rifle
which is made by the same company who literally made them for kings. I turned it down due to unavailability of the cartridge but what a beautifully made gun (all hand made).

0F232593-DC31-4DBF-BCDF-EC0B84CDD35D.jpeg F0623C0F-7CF8-4900-871F-10503548FD06.jpeg 5B934241-5B08-45EF-BB07-6149EEB33DCA.jpeg

Last Edited:
The ability to look down one's nose as you brag about how good your knights armamanet AR is. (J/k)

Imo peopel put too much weight into what other poeple think. High end = quality for me. I could care less about price and name recognition by others. Fe some of the turn of the century German side by side shotguns will last several lifetimes and may be some of the best guns ever made. But they cost very little cuz everyone wants whatever brand their father had and they know little about them.

Recently had a chance to purchase this double rifle/shotgun which is made by the same company who literally made them for kings. I turned it down due to unavailability of the cartridge but what a beautifully made gun (all hand made).

View attachment 1772983 View attachment 1772984 View attachment 1772985
10 gauge? I just picked up 31 OLD brass 10 gauge shells at estate sale and sold them to a vendor at the OAC show.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top