JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, anyone else not surprised by this? Major holiday, lots of crowds across the nation and perfect opportunities for sick jackhole criminals to do their thing! Anti 2A's will be all over these incidents for the next week pushing their vomit! :mad: :(

At least the shots didn't sound like an AR. Silver lining? ;)

(Not to be insensitive, but less fuel for the fire)

Fake news, I know that because my brothers in-laws live there and my mother has told me (over and over and over again! :rolleyes:) how much nicer and better that neighborhood is than anyplace I have ever chosen to live

Is this a plot? Random alignment of A******s across America? Paid provocateurs?

I think a lot of it is people simply don't fear repercussions from the law or public. An they would be mostly correct. We have cameras and technology everywhere but what is the use? Even if they are on video the images aren't shared to the public that pays for the technology.

I am mostly numb to information that doesn't affect me. Not my fault. Years of conditioning brought me here. I want to know, what's the trend and is it coming my way.

Fake news, I know that because my brothers in-laws live there and my mother has told me (over and over and over again! :rolleyes:) how much nicer and better that neighborhood is than anyplace I have ever chosen to live
Outside of the industrial parts of Chicago, I assume its all bad. In the industrial parts, I assume its all slavs. Still bad, they just try to keep appearances.

The news media are all over this. Yes, it is tragic. However, why are they not also reporting that for the 4th of July weekend, 7 dead, 50 injured in Chicago shootings, including kids and the holiday weekend is over yet. Oh, well, just another busy weekend.

Add this to the 61 shot and 15 killed in Chitcago over the weekend.
That can't possibly be true. Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the U.S.. Any rational person would know that gun related violence is subsequently almost non-existant there and those numbers are completely bogus............

..........right!? :s0140:

That can't possibly be true. Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the U.S..
Yeah, but at least there's no magazine capacity restrictions in Illinois, and it is now a shall-issue state.

Just that pesky thing about there's really no place a person with a CCW license can actually *legally* carry... so the gun laws impact only the otherwise law-abiding.

It would seem that with all the publicity attendant to "mass shootings," all the nutjobs are compelled to come out and have their own blaze-of-glory events...

No conspiracy here though, right?

Highland Park is a swanky area north of Chicago. You would think any town parade would have a good police presence, but the shooter got away (not sure if he was engaged by any LEO).

In other news, I have trouble taking some LEO response seriously, and am questioning their actual ability to engage an active shooter. The scene is already secure and these guys show up in tac gear riding on the outside of a vehicle. Are we supposed to feel safer now?

Police 2022-07-04.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top