JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was a hard left hand exit toward brand-bashing based on @orygun 's post which demonstrated, "it ain't the name or the money" when it comes to a true high-end gun,

My VERY limited experience with Kimbers: A re-fabbed Swede Mauser, nickel plated, .308 Winchester, RamLine stock, sling and scope and hard case, all for $299. Roll-stamped Kimber, Clackamas.

That gun is what kept the company name alive. Bulletproof reliable, durable, and accurate. The "Go-To" loaner gun from my house.

Later I bought a Match Target Model 11. Flawless in every respect of operation and accuracy.

I do not defend Kimber. (with my experience I cannot).

I defend a fellow NWFA Member's post. His was toward the subject matter.

I question why so many "high end" guns get listed after such little use.

Staccato…. cough….. cough. And of course there are many other "high end" brands that seem to show up pretty regularly in classifieds.

Buyers remorse or what?
because they find out the expensive way that they dont run any different than their production level guns they coulda bought 3 or 4 of and not worry about losing.

I'm a fanboy of their marketing department. They are top notch. The guns? Meh. I'd rather shoot my Ruger SR1911, but it's not high end enough. :p
I bought the first SR1911 I saw (Ruger fan here).
It's now my wife's. Not one misfeed. Ever.
And the few people that shot it liked it better than my Dan Wesson! No me, I like the Wesson better, but the Ruger is a fantastic gun, no matter that it's not considered "high end". The only thing I don't like about it is the two tone effect of having controls that are black on a silver gun. Big deal, huh?

That was a hard left hand exit toward brand-bashing based on @orygun 's post which demonstrated, "it ain't the name or the money" when it comes to a true high-end gun,

My VERY limited experience with Kimbers: A re-fabbed Swede Mauser, nickel plated, .308 Winchester, RamLine stock, sling and scope and hard case, all for $299. Roll-stamped Kimber, Clackamas.

That gun is what kept the company name alive. Bulletproof reliable, durable, and accurate. The "Go-To" loaner gun from my house.

Later I bought a Match Target Model 11. Flawless in every respect of operation and accuracy.

I do not defend Kimber. (with my experience I cannot).

I defend a fellow NWFA Member's post. His was toward the subject matter.
The Clackamas Kimbers had a fantastic reputation. I never shot one, but handled several that were owned by an ex-boss and his buddies. His buddies words I wouldn't take, but Harold was very honest. He loved them for the quality of build and praised them for their function and accuracy.

It was a joke would be hospitalized by a death stare if it was true lol besides went with the Prodigy and now we are all happy !
Had to log out to see the joke.

I didn't take that member as having thin skin in the past. Not sure what I said or when but it must have been, very, very mean…. lol. True colors.

Oh well. Added to another list.

Last Edited:
Had to log out to see the joke.

I didn't take that member as having thin skin in the past. Not sure what I said or when but it must have been, very, very mean…. lol. True colors.

Oh well. Added to another list.
I think of that as a badge of honor. :s0140:
It used to be fun to get banned from some group in the early days of the online groups where anyone could start one and be king. Of course most would soon die as only a few were still talking to each other. One great one was a "gun group". Some scammer was advertising Glock Switches when this was first getting going. Several were going back and forth on is this a scam. I told them it was, that they were never going to see anything for that money. One woman said no one was sure the thing could not be made legal by registering it. I told her that went away a long time ago to which she replied her "boyfriend" and her ran a Class III dealership so she knew far more than me. She even throws up a link to the site. At that point I said "so you sell Class III stuff and have no clue how the law works? :confused:
Turned out it was a group she owned and banned me. I got a good laugh out of that one wondering how many of her little crowd actually sent $200 to the scammer for the damn switch.

I like to log out and see if I blocked someone or they blocked me. In this case I'm like ohh that's why I blocked them. Good deal.
If I can't see posts it's cause I've been put on ignore. My ignore list is and will always be empty.

That's cause you're an adult and don't have the emotional control of a child.
:s0140:
I leaned to use the net on the old Usenet boards back when I first got online. Most of them were totally open, anyone could say anything. Only "filter" was your ISP is you got so out of hand but normally this was for spamming. I thought they were a ton of damn fun but many could not handle them for sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top