JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Slightly different, but my friend was arguing for banning "assault weapons" when I went to visit him in TN a few years back. He angrily asked, "Why do you NEED an assault rifle?!" To which I replied, "Why do you NEED a two story, 4000 square foot home and two luxury cars Comrade? 'Cause freedom... bish."

The truthful answer is one doesn't "need" anything in life except food and shelter right?
You need potable water, food, shelter, warm or cool clothing (Remove some clothing if needed.), something to make a fire with if you are in the great outdoors AND a self defense item aka TOOL be it a firearm, axe, knife, 'hawk, a ROCK or a tree branch used as a stick, club or a cane.

Cate

Your wife has class. She knows what fits ,and that is evidence of a civilized demeanor.
Good for you, man. She's a keeper.
Actually my husband and I do this for our clothing too. We use the KISS METHOD - keep it simple stupid.

But with that SAID, he does have different clothing and boots/shoes for different times of the YEAR in this climate especially when he is out hunting or fishing or hiking.

Plus he works out by walking 2 miles a day and doing upper body strength exercises. IF it is REALLY smoky out - he sometimes walks LESS and only does a mile even indoors. Cooler a/c track in the summer and NOT SUPER ICY in the winter time.

My clothing is much different compared to when I was working and when I dressed up for more formal events many MOONS ago.

Old Lady Cate

Did he have one?
It was an interesting debate and he quoted a lot of data citing how households statistically are less safe with a firearm present. I'll spare you all of the details, but one of my rebuttals was that if people were actually serious about saving lives they'd attempt to ban alcohol as alcohol-related deaths approach 100,000 annually, and how many politicians do you see trying to pass legislation in that area?

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift here. Let's get back on topic. :)

People often ask the same question. I just say nothing in the constitution says there's any limits on how many guns I can have. I'm also a sneaker head, so I've got a sizable shoe collection (Jordan, Nike etc.). Same thing, as I say it's a part of being an American, freedom of choice and having as much or as little as you want.

how many.JPG

The one man said it somewhere in this thread and most of us have said it in the past or present.

It is really about WANT not NEED. Although you could need one item but you might WANT more items in any item not only when it comes to guns.

It is NOT about 'needing' so MANY OR LESS items be it firearms or knives or books or people who are into tons of clothing. Etc.!

It is about WANT and RVT stated how some people use the word 'need' sometimes as a nasty remark as in a put down towards a gun person.

Even when I used to own/shoot more guns, some women - VERY FEW MEN, usually ANTI GUN women, would say the same things to me or go on about HAVING one or more guns for self defense because they did NOT believe in them in their own warped way.

They really DETESTED the words 'self defense' worse off any idea about the RKBA issue.

They were not pacifists so it was NOT due to their religious views.

They were clueless in WORLD history, clueless about knowing people from all parts of the world and this country who EXPERIENCED horrific things or had family members that did and THEY said that some things would never or could NEVER happen here in the USA.

Heck, the idea of using a baseball bat or a hard book to DEFEND themselves made them get sick.

And believe it or not, it is TRUE, sitting in my former LR with her husband and a couple of other men - one woman told me POINT BLANK that she not only would NEVER SHOOT TO STOP or own a GUN even if a BAD MAN aka criminal wanted to RAPE and possibly murder her too. NO s!

I was totally shocked but there are FEMALES OUT THERE who have NO desire to defend themselves, their loved ones including children or a husband IF a GUN is the tool or any other TOOL is used but GUNS were just plain evil to her.

You could not tell her jack squat or a few other women that I have KNOWN in my life but never liked and truth be told NEVER respected their viewpoints even IF I was polite. They were brainwashed and they CHOSE to remain ignorant in history and in basic gun issues and they would not even want to go to a range and LEARN or watch someone. Female or male shooter - zero interest and they found the shooting sports disgusting and SELF DEFENSE even worse. Yet, it was okay for the military or police to help these women since that was THEIR JOB. LOL

That ONE woman came to my house, not invited, but it was okay since I knew her husband and all of them came down when I had some of my sales going on many moons ago before I moved. Some of the old guys that I knew who were visiting wanted to see a few of my firearms. Previous discussions about me learning and shooting.

The other 'anti gun woman and a few others' were at a company Christmas party of my late husband's. The BIG MOUTH ignorant one was married several times, had one kid, told her husband that he had to keep his guns at his brother's or Dad's house (THERE IS YOUR FIRST CLUE! UGH.), no safe or cabinet or locked gun was allowed in her house, and he did what she wanted to do - no S!

She was a parrot talking about stats that she had NO clue about but repeated them off of CNN and the old Brady group. If I saw that female dog ever again and she sat at a dinner table with me which will never happen since I do not live there - I would get up and move. NOT worth the effort. Plus I should have told her that the table was FULL but that would have been a lie with 2 empty seats left. Heck, I did not even know her and she started the conversation towards me from the gitgo. I was POLITE and won the debate but in HER EYES - I was stupid and the anti gun group and CNN KNEW THE TRUTH - not real gun ladies or gentlemen who knew world history too. LOL I think that she divorced that man years later on too. Maybe she cleaned his clock as she did with her first husband. LOL She was a VERY PRETTY woman, maybe with no make up on but I had NO real clue there, she had a fancy dress on, make up and hair done all JUST SO (LOL) but she was downright stupid, ignorant and UGLY in the inside. I bet that she was nasty and mean to her husband.

My late husband told me that IF I ever told him what he could own or not own in our home - "Don't let the door hit you in the @@@ going out!" I told him the same EXACT thing too. LOL

Plus since we both BUILT THE HOUSE from the ground up with some hired help obviously for the frame and laying the brick, bought the land first, paid for the mortgage together and I paid off the house construction loan early - BOTH of us would tell each other to shove it.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
People often ask the same question. I just say nothing in the constitution says there's any limits on how many guns I can have. I'm also a sneaker head, so I've got a sizable shoe collection (Jordan, Nike etc.). Same thing, as I say it's a part of being an American, freedom of choice and having as much or as little as you want.
YES! Love it - thank you.

I used to say that about my huge book collection AND I used several libraries too. Former states - 2 specific ones.

Cate

History shows that the weak only live by the mercy of the strong, and too many of the latter have an instinct to prey upon the former. Expecting the world do just let you blithely go about your business because you refuse to recognize that weakness provokes is like expecting that you're somehow gonna Karen-scold a ten-ton T-rex into becoming a vegetarian.

I'll spare you all of the details,
No details needed! This person sounds exactly like my ultra lib cousin. He used to send me data and stats about 'gun violence' - and all of it 'slanted' of course to mean less guns, less 'gun violence' (what very little I actually looked at).

He decided to sever all contact with me a while back - and most say it was a good thing....

Last Edited:
one of my rebuttals was that if people were actually serious about saving lives they'd attempt to ban alcohol as alcohol-related deaths approach 100,000 annually, and how many politicians do you see trying to pass legislation in that area?
"They" tried once, and it didn't work - it backfired and created more crime rather than less. Plus the PTB weren't serious in the sense that they thought it would actually work, the PTB were just going along with what a minority ("temperance" folks) wanted.

This is very similar to the gun control thinking is today, except a lot more people hold to it instead of a minority, because a lot fewer people own guns (as a percentage) than people drank back in the day. But the PTB are not just going along with it, the PTB see a huge upside for them; a concentration/increase in their power by taking arms away from the populace.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top