JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curiosity got me and had to go back to your link, Its referring to "domestic" mail. It doesn't define domestic, but IIRC it means unlicensed, non professional, friend to friend etc. mail.
I don't know if retail stores have to pay a fee to ship live ammo, but Ive bought enough of it to believe they have the elevated privileged to ship without passing on the hazmat fee. But I cant mail you a box of ammo.
I own an ammunition company, I ship, not mail ammo all the time. I don't pay an extra fee to ship ammo. Ammo isn't supposed to go through the mail. That''s the rules I play by. You can do as you wish.

I own an ammunition company, I ship, not mail ammo all the time. I don't pay an extra fee to ship ammo. Ammo isn't supposed to go through the mail. That''s the rules I play by. You can do as you wish.
To clarify, Im not suggesting to mail ammo.

Shipping and mailing are often synonomous, perhaps thats the difference then. It looks like ups allows domestic shipping..

Thats typically on large enough orders that usually cover the hazmat fee. The seller still has to pay the fee to ship.
Yep that is exactly what it is but, those who want to "believe" they are being shafted will not hear it. :s0092:
Just before this last panic started Midway was offering to eat the Haz-Mat on orders as long as you of course bought enough. As ALWAYS when someone offer's "FREE" you of course have to check since there is no such thing. The price Midway was selling them for with "free Haz-Mat" could be matched by others if you bought the same amount and paid the fee. That one was yet another lesson though in those who also ignore history. I tried to tell everyone get them while they are here and on sale. Of course a LOT of people ignored them until another panic hit. Then the same people who swear the shippers are shafting them were sure the manufacturers were now shafting them. Insisting there was no shortage, they just made that up to shaft them on price. :s0092:

Yep that is exactly what it is but, those who want to "believe" they are being shafted will not hear it. :s0092:
Just before this last panic started Midway was offering to eat the Haz-Mat on orders as long as you of course bought enough. As ALWAYS when someone offer's "FREE" you of course have to check since there is no such thing. The price Midway was selling them for with "free Haz-Mat" could be matched by others if you bought the same amount and paid the fee. That one was yet another lesson though in those who also ignore history. I tried to tell everyone get them while they are here and on sale. Of course a LOT of people ignored them until another panic hit. Then the same people who swear the shippers are shafting them were sure the manufacturers were now shafting them. Insisting there was no shortage, they just made that up to shaft them on price. :s0092:
The one thing that was consistent thru the panic (that is still happening to some extent) is the price of the hazmat fee.

I only have questions on the need for the hazmat fee with powder and primers, I cant see how either is going to go off with normal package handling?

The one thing that was consistent thru the panic (that is still happening to some extent) is the price of the hazmat fee.

I only have questions on the need for the hazmat fee with powder and primers, I cant see how either is going to go off with normal package handling?
It does seem to me to that it would be simple enough to deal with but, this is again what happens when Gov gets involved. A LOT of "regulations" do not make sense. Does not matter to those who set them up. Also seldom can regulations stop human stupidity. What's the old line, make something idiot proof and they will invent a better idiot? Often the result of some idiot really hosing something is here come people to make another rule, regulation, agency to oversee it and on and on. :(

Primers are explosives and modern smokeless powder is an accelerant. Many of the regs are written from a shipping accident viewpoint, and the effect on firefighters and general population.

Primers are explosives and modern smokeless powder is an accelerant. Many of the regs are written from a shipping accident viewpoint, and the effect on firefighters and general population.
---
edit

like if the delivery van got into a wreck and powder spilled or there was a vehicle fire as a result of the wreck?

It's not the normal packaging and handling that's the problem it's the extra care to insure everything stays normal. Imagine if you will what happens when a bulk accelerate meets a bulk oxidizer in the back of a truck. Oklahoma City comes to mind.

It's not the normal packaging and handling that's the problem it's the extra care to insure everything stays normal. Imagine if you will what happens when a bulk accelerate meets a bulk oxidizer in the back of a truck. Oklahoma City comes to mind.
Then I think we answered the question.

And it makes sense now why we pay hazmat fees.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top