JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one ?

• Springfield Hellcat Pro

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Walther PDP

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Beretta APX A1

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
I found the p365xl much more comfortable to shoot vs a standard hellcat but I guess that's to be expected due to the xl being 3.7" and having a larger grip.
Micro/subcompacts just aren't great/enjoyable to shoot. Period.

The P356X Macro and the G48 are the only ones I enjoy shooting. Those are more of a compact though and not a micro/pocket pistol.

The P356X Macro and the G48 are the only ones I enjoy shooting. Those are more of a compact though and not a micro/pocket pistol.
My LCP is so fun to shoot, I bring it out once every 17 full moons but only if they happened on a Tuesday

Agreed. After two 12 round magazines the xl is quite hot. Makes it not so great of a range gun.

Oh yeah, when you see them at the range they are shooting groupings that look like a 12 gauge blast.
sddefault-1.jpg

Oh yeah, when you see them at the range they are shooting groupings that look like a 12 gauge blast.
It's a double edge sword. They are "comfortable" to carry but are extremely difficult to fight with. Whereas a compact or even better a full size are not as "comfortable" to carry but are much more adequate to fight with.

It's on the user to decide what they want to bet their life on.

It's a double edge sword. They are "comfortable" to carry but are extremely difficult to fight with. Whereas a compact or even better a full size are not as "comfortable" to carry but are much more adequate to fight with.

It's on the user to decide what they want to bet their life on.
I find my Sig P938 to be both comfortable to carry and easy to shoot. Im not a competition shooter mind you but its accurate as any larger carry gun.

1698471121556.png

I understand the concept of and am guilty of ...
Searching for the next and newest best thing....:D

Something to consider here however is...
You may need what you already have in a hurry or emergency.
It pays to practice with what you already own and get good with it...while you search out your latest next best thing.
Andy

I'm a little conflicted here, I do practice with my carry guns but I use a target type ammo when doing so. I carry self defense ammo in my sub compacts but actually shoot very little of it.

I'm a little conflicted here, I do practice with my carry guns but I use a target type ammo when doing so. I carry self defense ammo in my sub compacts but actually shoot very little of it.
I shoot my carry ammo about every six months just to keep fresh rounds in the gun. Not alot of different in fmjs and hps as far as point of impact. Maybe others have experienced different results

I used to worry about this but after shooting a box or two of carry ammo it hits and shoots the same. I do avoid using +P since those typically recoil more. Once a year I buy a new box of carry ammo and shoot the old. Its good to know your hollowpoint feeds correctly.

I understand the concept of and am guilty of ...
Searching for the next and newest best thing....:D

Something to consider here however is...
You may need what you already have in a hurry or emergency.
It pays to practice with what you already own and get good with it...while you search out your latest next best thing.
Andy
This reminds me of some great language in Walden.

IMG_2419.jpeg IMG_2420.jpeg

This reminds me of some great language in Walden.

View attachment 1750224 View attachment 1750225
Yeah. You don't need much of a house or income if you get to dine in luxury at Emerson's house every week, and you are within walking distance of various friends who lend you all the tools you need for free. He totally failed at growing beans. He did manage to grow corn, but never learned to use it. Instead he traded it for wheat and made bread. He was living rent free, basically almost in friends back yards. And even so he only lasted about two years. He was also a young male in his prime. He writes grand words about how more house wasn't necessary for people in general. Yes it is if you are going to reproduce. And an affluent social circle can support one free loading friend . But it worked only because nobody else was doing it. And even then it didn't work for long. His idea of Indian life was ridiculous too. Indians had complex cultures, and were every bit as much dependent on their societies as we are.

Just goes to show that if you can write well enough, and proclaim in glorious words the romantic yearning toward a simpler life that many feel, you can impress and inspire many, even if there is little underlying reality.

I don't see the need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, or test the author for 100% purity. His concepts have value for me. When I'm tempted to buy another product I can reflect on whether I'd be just happy using the one I already have. Instead of turning the thermostat up, I remember to put on a sweater. Get in the shower without waiting until the water is perfectly comfortable. That's the mindset he promoted. Focusing on where happiness and fulfillment comes from.

I don't see where that idea was a fraud just because his crops failed. Nor do I think his ideas were worthless because they are an awkward fit in modern life.

Some of his logic is faulty. For example, he said that when a man is unjustly imprisoned other just men should take a stand and go to prison with him. It is not sound in all circumstances. Where is the justice in leaving a family unfed to go to prison in solidarity with an unjustly imprisoned ally? That doesn't, in my mind, mean that his logic on other topics is faulty or that they are not goals worth striving for.

This is just the way I find value and enjoyment reading these passages. If others don't find value, that's ok. Everyone sees the world differently.

@User 1234, I think I was subjected to too much glorification of Thoreau as a school kid in the fourth and fifth grade in Massachusetts. And yet more such glorification when as a grad student, my thesis advisor's tradition was inviting all the members of his lab to his home in Lexington for Thanksgiving, which was preceded by an appetite-building walk around Walden Pond. It was a much welcomed routine for us graduate students far from home. Except for the little bits in grade school readers, however, I never read Walden until decades later, on my own. Then I was really shocked at the ridiculousness of Thoreau's pretentions of being able to write what he did in Walden based upon his personal experience.

Yet the language is undoubtedly beautiful. And inspiring. And even useful...though only if tempered a good bit and applied selectively. But thats probably true of most inspiring writing. Could Thoreau have written anything as beautiful without camping at Walden? The book is so intertwined with Walden and his day to day activities there that I kind of doubt it. Could he have sold it, become famous for it had it not been focused on the environs of Boston and intertwined with nature and the seasons of Massachussetts? I doubt that too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top