JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was an interesting debate and he quoted a lot of data citing how households statistically are less safe with a firearm present.

This argument is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

It's hard to drown in a backyard pool if you don't have a pool. It's tough to get eaten by a shark when you live in Arizona. You won't ever die by way of a car accident if you only take the bus.

The comparisons have to mean something. Just doing the above, you could conclude that everyone SHOULD live in landlocked states and not have pools and no one should have a car…and how asinine is that logic?

Sorry. Like I said: this one just really gets on my nerves…it's so…pretentious.

Some great responses here. I'm gonna use the crap out of some of them.

For me, the answer for wife (which I will never tell her) is that she pretty much has mostly herself to blame. I have learned that when I want a new gun, all I have to say is....."Maybe I'll put the .357 (or .38 or .22 or xxx) on NWFA to see if anyone wants to trade me for a (fill in the blank)".

Her response is generally something like, "Why do you want to trade that? Your dad gave you that gun and you know you'll regret it". What I feel like she is actually saying is, "Just buy what you want." So I do.....because she said so.

Wanna buy a gun.JPG

Lots of guns.JPG

What gun how much.JPG

Shooting star_plane.png

Is 4 a lot.PNG

1-237.PNG

Gun pr0n.JPG

Last Edited:
My wife doesn't ask questions like this. She's known me since we were kids, started dating me when I was a young Submariner Sailor... realizing what that meant and still married me.

But if she did ask me "why do you have so many guns? "

I'd reply "None of them say No when I take them out"

Of course, I would not be within arms length or throwing distance when stating this.

Last Edited:
Slightly different, but my friend was arguing for banning "assault weapons" when I went to visit him in TN a few years back. He angrily asked, "Why do you NEED an assault rifle?!" To which I replied, "Why do you NEED a two story, 4000 square foot home and two luxury cars Comrade? 'Cause freedom... bish."
"Why do you NEED an assault rifle?"

In my lifetime, I have seen entire cities fully consumed by natural disasters and during these time the citizens were COMPLETELY abandoned by their local police force. In some jurisdictions the police literally went door to door demanding citizens surrender their firearms and then they left those citizens alone and defenseless to face armed mobs of thugs and looters.

I'm talking about Katrina of course.

In my lifetime, I've seen entire cities abandoned by the local police force due to mass scale rioting, and citizens left completely alone to try and defend their lives, their businesses and their families from bands of armed looters and rioters. We watched on the 6 o'clock news as a man was pulled from his truck and beaten...with a brick. We also watched Korean shop keepers stand on the rooftops of their businesses and use these so called assault weapons to defend those businesses and their lives from the mob. And again...the police were NOWHERE to be found.

I'm talking about the LA Riots of course.

And just last summer, sparked by a police killing and a global pandemic, we watched mass scale rioting happening throughout our entire country, while the bulk of police forces simply stood by and let it happen. This didn't just happen in one city or even two cities it happened in MANY cities. In some cities entire square blocks were commandeered for WEEKS by the angry mobs, and fell under the mob's control while police stood down and did nothing. People were beaten and murdered in these "autonomous zones." And the police did NOTHING.

The above isn't hyperbole. It's not exaggerated or dramatized. These things all happened and not just a hundred or even fifty years ago. They happened in recent modern times.

In a free society, one does not have to define a "need" before one exercises a right. But if you truly don't know why someone might need an AR-15, you're either lying in order to try and push a political agenda...or you're seriously about the dumbest person on the planet. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Ive got carpet installers coming tomorrow to to the upstairs of the Palais de Wired. and floor refinishers doing the downstairs. Had my wife help me move a few guns between safes downstairs to up as I was cleaning the shop and don't really like to keep a few that rust when you look at them funny in that safe. The South Carolina humidity is brutal to the unclimatized and to weak blued finishes. HK mags rust when you look at them sideways.

So anyway the wife is dragging an AK up the stairs asking "why do you need so many guns? " not in the actually wanting an honest answer sort of way but more in the naggy sort of stop spending money on crap sort of way.

My only answer was...

What if I need to equip a platoon?

Keep it going...

View attachment 1030133
Because we can is what I always say.

"Why do you NEED an assault rifle?"

In my lifetime, I have seen entire cities fully consumed by natural disasters and during these time the citizens were COMPLETELY abandoned by their local police force. In some jurisdictions the police literally went door to door demanding citizens surrender their firearms and then they left those citizens alone and defenseless to face armed mobs of thugs and looters.

I'm talking about Katrina of course.

In my lifetime, I've seen entire cities abandoned by the local police force due to mass scale rioting, and citizens left completely alone to try and defend their lives, their businesses and their families from bands of armed looters and rioters. We watched on the 6 o'clock news as a man was pulled from his truck and beaten to death...with bricks. We also watched Korean shop keepers stand on the rooftops of their businesses and use these so called assault weapons to defend those businesses and their lives from the mob. And again...the police were NOWHERE to be found.

I'm talking about the LA Riots of course.

And just last summer, sparked by a police killing and a global pandemic, we watched mass scale rioting happening throughout our entire country, while the bulk of police forces simply stood by and let it happen. This didn't just happen in one city or even two cities it happened in MANY cities. In some cities entire square blocks were commandeered for WEEKS by the angry mobs, and fell under the mob's control while police stood down and did nothing. People were beaten and murdered in these "autonomous zones." And the police did NOTHING.

The above isn't hyperbole. It's not exaggerated or dramatized. These things all happened and not just a hundred or even fifty years ago. They happened in recent modern times.

In a free society, one does not have to define a "need" before one exercises a right. But if you truly don't know why someone might need an AR-15, you're either lying in order to try and push a political agenda...or you're seriously about the dumbest person on the planet. :rolleyes:
You are talking about Reginald Denny, and he survived the attack.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny

Because I own an ammunition manufacturing business and they are test fixtures for my products. As a growing business I need just one more.
Always. Just. One. More.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads